The Walking Dead

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Nath on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 10:24

skully wrote:S07E15.

Spoiler:
Sasha is captured and nearly raped. Negan steps in just in time and puts a knife through rapey Dave's neck, then leaves the blade with her to defend herself when Dave turns. He wants her to join his group.

Eugene visits and urges her to join the Saviours, but she declines.

After he momentarily thinks about stabbing her, Maggie saves coward Jefferey from a walker when he wimps out on knifing it himself.

The A-team takes Oceanside chicktown and all their weapons, after defending it from a barnacle covered hoard. Many of the girls want to join the fight, contrary to leader Tanya's wishes.

Negan tells Sasha that he's aware of Rick's plans and seems to be looking forward to it.

Sasha looks to use Eugene by begging him to help her to escape, but his response is to give her a suicide pill.

Rosita rejoins the group but she's brought Dwight with her. Daryl wants to kill him. Can he be Dwight be trusted?

The war comes next week.

she said she didn't want Negan to use her against Rick and the others, so she wanted to off herself first. I guess based on the preview she had second thoughts or is planning to slip the pill into Negan.
Nath

Number of posts : 9856
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 20:46

Ah, thanks Nath. The sound was appalling as she mumbled through the door to Eugene.
skully

Number of posts : 91646
Registration date : 2007-08-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 06:19

S07E16 - Season Finale.

Spoiler:
45 minutes of tedious, warm and fluffy stuff with Sasha "dreaming" about exchanges with Abraham and Maggie, interspersed with Alexandria and the Garbage people getting ready for battle with the Saviours.

Turns out she did a deal with Negan that only one A-team person is to die as punishment. Unbeknownst to Negan, she decided it would be her!!! All the dream stuff was her in the throws of death after she took Eugene's suicide pill.

The Saviours rock up to the gates of Alexandria, with the A-team planning to blow the shit out of 'em with planted explosives. Unfortunately the Garbage people had also done a deal with the Saviours, disarming all the bombs and turning their guns on the Alexandrians.

Michonne battles with a Garbage gal up high in a sniper spot, and looks to be in big trouble. From a distance we see a screaming body fall from the lookout. Things look really bad for Rick's crew.

Negan then attempted a big show of threatening to kill Sasha before their eyes as leverage to make the A-team yield. Well wasn't Negan shocked when he opened her box (a casket) and out growled zombie Sasha. This shocked everyone but gave the A-team the chance to momentarily get the upper hand. Rick however still has head Garbage lady holding a gun to his head.

The Saviours regroup, and with Rick in trouble, are able to regain control. Negan has Rick and Carl on their knees and is about to bash Carl's skull in as retribution, when Ezekiel's tiger takes down a guy standing near Negan. The Kingdom (including Carol and Morgan) and Hilltop (lead by Maggie) then arrive, blazing away.

The Saviours and the Garbage people flea. The falling body wasn't Michonne, but she's badly beat up. Jesus and Maggie find zombie Sasha and put her down. She gets a fitting burial within Alexandria.

Back at Saviour Central, Negan momentarily threatens to bash Eugene over Sasha's suspicious death, but the roob convinces the boss that she suffocated in the sealed casket.

Ep ends with Negan declaring war on the A-team.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 07:51

skully wrote:S07E16 - Season Finale.

Spoiler:
45 minutes of tedious, warm and fluffy stuff with Sasha "dreaming" about exchanges with Abraham and Maggie, interspersed with Alexandria and the Garbage people getting ready for battle with the Saviours.

Turns out she did a deal with Negan that only one A-team person is to die as punishment. Unbeknownst to Negan, she decided it would be her!!! All the dream stuff was her in the throws of death after she took Eugene's suicide pill.

The Saviours rock up to the gates of Alexandria, with the A-team planning to blow the shit out of 'em with planted explosives. Unfortunately the Garbage people had also done a deal with the Saviours, disarming all the bombs and turning their guns on the Alexandrians.

Michonne battles with a Garbage gal up high in a sniper spot, and looks to be in big trouble. From a distance we see a screaming body fall from the lookout. Things look really bad for Rick's crew.

Negan then attempted a big show of threatening to kill Sasha before their eyes as leverage to make the A-team yield. Well wasn't Negan shocked when he opened her box (a casket) and out growled zombie Sasha. This shocked everyone but gave the A-team the chance to momentarily get the upper hand. Rick however still has head Garbage lady holding a gun to his head.

The Saviours regroup, and with Rick in trouble, are able to regain control. Negan has Rick and Carl on their knees and is about to bash Carl's skull in as retribution, when Ezekiel's tiger takes down a guy standing near Negan. The Kingdom (including Carol and Morgan) and Hilltop (lead by Maggie) then arrive, blazing away.

The Saviours and the Garbage people flea. The falling body wasn't Michonne, but she's badly beat up. Jesus and Maggie find zombie Sasha and put her down. She gets a fitting burial within Alexandria.

Back at Saviour Central, Negan momentarily threatens to bash Eugene over Sasha's suspicious death, but the roob convinces the boss that she suffocated in the sealed casket.

Ep ends with Negan declaring war on the A-team.

Tune in again in October. Sleep
Big Dog

Number of posts : 13896
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 10:17

Big Dog wrote:

Fear the Walking Dead starts up again in June, if you need your zombie fix
Nath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 10:23

Nath wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

I stopped watching that after the first season. The lead characters were so obnoxious i found myself cheering for the zombies.
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 07:48

New series starts tomorrow.
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 07:51

Cheers Mr Dog. I had missed that fact.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 11:09

100th episode as well.
Nath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 00:47

Not on till 1.30 this arvo. I thought it aired live last season at 11.00 am.

Have AMC put it on later or is Foxy late with payments.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 06:52

S08E01. A bit slow.

Spoiler:
The combined A-team + Hilltop crew take out all the Saviour lookouts to set up an attack on the Saviour compound. Rick and crew rock up in armoured vehicles to machine gun the shit out of the said compound.

Before they do this, Negan and his key offsiders swagger out onto a nearby balcony, apparently* having been in a meeting. Why Rick didn't pop them all right there and then is beyond me.

They do eventually open barrels on Negan and the 5 swaggerers but miss them all and just shoot out all the windows. Carol, Daryl, Tara and Morgan have been busy herding zombies towards the compound. By the end of the ep, the compound is surrounded.

Idiot Gabriel tries to save the discarded ex-Hilltop boss Jeffrey, but is two-timed and left for the walkers. Gabriel ends up in a trailer with Negan, who says Gabe is "about to shit his pants".

A new character is introduced. Carl, on a search for fuel, leaves food for an Indian looking guy, that his Dad had earlier scared off. Wonder if he's a baddie or goodie?

Episode is interspersed with dream sequences of an older Rick living happily with Michonne and Judith, and other scenes showing a groggy Rick in trouble somewhere. I guess we'll find out what these snippets mean later.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 07:13

Big Dog wrote:
Nath wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

I stopped watching that after the first season. The lead characters were so obnoxious i found myself cheering for the zombies.

It's amazing this continues when good series are cancelled. Must be Y-Gen fodder
taipan

Number of posts : 46270
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 13:09

skully wrote:Not on till 1.30 this arvo. I thought it aired live last season at 11.00 am.

Have AMC put it on later or is Foxy late with payments.

daylight savings?
Nath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 13:10

skully wrote:S08E01. A bit slow.

Spoiler:
The combined A-team + Hilltop crew take out all the Saviour lookouts to set up an attack on the Saviour compound. Rick and crew rock up in armoured vehicles to machine gun the shit out of the said compound.

Before they do this, Negan and his key offsiders swagger out onto a nearby balcony, apparently* having been in a meeting. Why Rick didn't pop them all right there and then is beyond me.

They do eventually open barrels on Negan and the 5 swaggerers but miss them all and just shoot out all the windows. Carol, Daryl, Tara and Morgan have been busy herding zombies towards the compound. By the end of the ep, the compound is surrounded.

Idiot Gabriel tries to save the discarded ex-Hilltop boss Jeffrey, but is two-timed and left for the walkers. Gabriel ends up in a trailer with Negan, who says Gabe is "about to shit his pants".

A new character is introduced. Carl, on a search for fuel, leaves food for an Indian looking guy, that his Dad had earlier scared off. Wonder if he's a baddie or goodie?

Episode is interspersed with dream sequences of an older Rick living happily with Michonne and Judith, and other scenes showing a groggy Rick in trouble somewhere. I guess we'll find out what these snippets mean later.

what a waste of ammo.
Nath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 12:42

S08E02. Confusing.

Spoiler:
This ep revolves around 4 stories:

1. The group lead by Tara, Jesus and Morgan succeeds in retaking the Satellite station. Tara wants to kill all the Saviour folk, but Jesus takes the high moral ground and gets the survivors to surrender. Tara says Jesus will be sorry and Rick will agree (I agree with Tara). Morgan, earlier, gets gunned down but his breast plate saves him, then he walks about popping people with his silenced pistol after coming to, until he walks into the light and sees the surrenderers surrounded by good guys. Morgan wants to pop the Sat station leader (with Rick's "kill 'em all" mantra swirling in his head) but Jesus talks him down. Weird - just shoot the bastards, Jesus.

2. Carol and King Ezekiel's group wake up from the smoke attack of Ep 1 and finds the Saviour who chucked the "bomb" gone. They follow him through the woods to stop him informing the Saviours of their existence until Ezekiel's tiger attacks and kills him. This sub-plot had the best line of the ep when Ezekiel tells Carol "fake it until you make it, baby" to justify his eternal optimism and how it keeps his people upbeat.

3. Aaron's group attacks a Saviour outpost, wasting a shitload of ammo to apparently kill enough of the Saviours to convert most of them to walkers to kill the rest. If they were better shots, a lot of time and ammo would've been saved. Aaron's boyfriend Eric is shot in the whole pointless gunfight. This sub-plot was as silly as the ep 1 version where Rick didn't take the chance to blow Negan a new arsehole.

4. Rick and Daryl break into the Shephard Office Plaza where they have been informed will be a large stash of weapons. There's not, and Rick gets ambushed twice before being taken prisoner by a former guest star, Morales (I don't remember him). How could Rick fall for such a trap, FFS, especially when Daryl reckons the tipster (Will???) is a piece of shit? This bit is really confusing because this place is supposedly a Saviour base, apparently, but Morales tells Rick he has called the Saviours and they are "coming back". But aren't most of the Saviours in the compound from Ep 1 that's been overtaken by zombies? Isn't Negan in a trailer with Gabriel, who's shitting his pants??

I spent much of the ep wondering what the fark was going on, and thinking "stop wasting so much ammo".

Lots of action but it really didn't mean much. This show has lost its way. It'd better spark up, or I'm outa here.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 20:35

skully wrote:S08E02. Confusing.

Spoiler:
This ep revolves around 4 stories:

1. The group lead by Tara, Jesus and Morgan succeeds in retaking the Satellite station. Tara wants to kill all the Saviour folk, but Jesus takes the high moral ground and gets the survivors to surrender. Tara says Jesus will be sorry and Rick will agree (I agree with Tara). Morgan, earlier, gets gunned down but his breast plate saves him, then he walks about popping people with his silenced pistol after coming to, until he walks into the light and sees the surrenderers surrounded by good guys. Morgan wants to pop the Sat station leader (with Rick's "kill 'em all" mantra swirling in his head) but Jesus talks him down. Weird -  just shoot the bastards, Jesus.

2. Carol and King Ezekiel's group wake up from the smoke attack of Ep 1 and finds the Saviour who chucked the "bomb" gone. They follow him through the woods to stop him informing the Saviours of their existence until Ezekiel's tiger attacks and kills him. This sub-plot had the best line of the ep when Ezekiel tells Carol "fake it until you make it, baby" to justify his eternal optimism and how it keeps his people upbeat.

3. Aaron's group attacks a Saviour outpost, wasting a shitload of ammo to apparently kill enough of the Saviours to convert most of them to walkers to kill the rest. If they were better shots, a lot of time and ammo would've been saved. Aaron's boyfriend Eric is shot in the whole pointless gunfight. This sub-plot was as silly as the ep 1 version where Rick didn't take the chance to blow Negan a new arsehole.

4. Rick and Daryl break into the Shephard Office Plaza where they have been informed will be a large stash of weapons. There's not, and Rick gets ambushed twice before being taken prisoner by a former guest star, Morales (I don't remember him). How could Rick fall for such a trap, FFS, especially when Daryl reckons the tipster (Will???) is a piece of shit? This bit is really confusing because this place is supposedly a Saviour base, apparently, but Morales tells Rick he has called the Saviours and they are "coming back". But aren't most of the Saviours in the compound from Ep 1 that's been overtaken by zombies? Isn't Negan in a trailer with Gabriel, who's shitting his pants??

I spent much of the ep wondering what the fark was going on, and thinking "stop wasting so much ammo".

Lots of action but it really didn't mean much. This show has lost its way. It'd better spark up, or I'm outa here.

Agree...very confusing
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 10:40

I guess we just plod along for another 4-5 episodes until stuff ramps up for the middle season finale. I hope they're not planning for the "all out war" to run the whole season.
Nath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 22:55

Different season, same dragged-out shit that they all promised wouldn’t happen again after the poor season 7.
Henry

Number of posts : 32696
Flag/Background : eng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 23:55

Indeed Trev (nice to see you BTW Very Happy ).

It's like "lots of bullets" is meant to satisfy the viewers that there's action aplenty. I just see it as a massive waste of a precious resource.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 07:52

skully wrote:
It's like "lots of bullets" is meant to satisfy the viewers that there's action aplenty. I just see it as a massive waste of a precious resource.

yeah, that part makes zero sense since they were scavenging for any weapons, and needed Eugene to figure out how to make new bullets. Unless Ezekiel and the tiger have a secret stash.
Nath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 10:47

S08E03. Someone shoot Jesus already.

Spoiler:
Lots more wasted bullets in this episode. Starts out with Ezekiel and Carol's group out-outmanoeuvering a bunch of Saviours. The only odd bit was two lines of good guys blasting away from opposite sides of the line of Saviours and yet not a single bullet went through the line and hit a good guy.

Rick and Morales have a long face off with lots of meaningless blah-blah-blah until finally Daryl popped Morales with a dart. WTF was Morales brought back - what a waste of airtime. They then survive a bunch of Saviours by shooting a fire extinguisher and using the fog as cover to kill the baddies.

A bunch of zombies tumble down a slope as Morgan and Tara's group take the captured Saviours back to Hilltop. A bunch of baddies escape but are chased and stopped by Morgan, who wants to kill 'em all. Jesus interjects and they get into a ridiculous fight. Jesus wants to spare 'em and Morgan doesn't. Fark off Jesus. Anyway, Jesus wins the fight and Morgan sulks off. WTF???

Wimpy Gregory shows up at Hilltop but Maggie won't let him in. He begs for forgiveness and Maggie relents, FFS. Just then, Jesus shows up with the captured Saviours. Maggie says WTF but Jesus says "we can't kill them, they surrendered". Tara and Maggie roll their eyes. But Maggie agrees to let them be held in some caravans out the back. I hope one of them kills Jesus.

Aaron's group is still blamming away at a group of half Saviours, half zombies, when the surviving Saviours are called back to the main compound (presumably to help Negan escape the hoard of walkers in his compound). Aaron has taken Eric away to a quiet place to recuperate from his gunshot wound (yeah right). He goes back to fight at Eric's urging. He returns to a blood stain and a zombie Eric shambling off in the distance. Far too much time was spent on this pointless plot point.

Rick gives Aaron the baby from the building (as a consolation for losing Eric???). Daryl and Rick get fired on by a lone surviving Saviour. They say "mate, give it up" so he does and tells them that the weapons they seek were moved. Daryl pops him. Rick has a WTF look on his face.

The Rick and Daryl bits were good, particularly because Daryl kills the bad guys mercilessly, just like Tara and Morgan wanted to elsewhere. Just like Rick said they should, FFS.

Ep ends with Zeke and Carol's group happily declaring no-one lost then noticing a high-up sniper who mows down heaps of them. Deary me.

All of this and still no word on what happened to Negan and crew back at the main compound.

Verdict. Jesus (and to a lesser extent Gregory) shits me to tears.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 18:31

So, after promising a faster pace to this series, they go and keep Neegan on ice (in the trailer with the reverend) for two whole episodes without seeing them once, whilst more pointless shooting takes place.

If the writers were told this will 100% be the last series, they’d be able to come up with some good stuff. As it is they just tread water and draw things out.
Henry

Number of posts : 32696
Flag/Background : eng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 21:32

I hope they don't do the all-out war for the whole season. it's dull enough right now.
Nath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath on Mon 06 Nov 2017, 21:33

Henry wrote:So, after promising a faster pace to this series, they go and keep Neegan on ice (in the trailer with the reverend) for two whole episodes without seeing them once, whilst more pointless shooting takes place.

If the writers were told this will 100% be the last series, they’d be able to come up with some good stuff.
As it is they just tread water and draw things out.

no, they would burn through the comic book storylines in double time.
Nath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 12:04

S08E04. At last, a better episode.

Spoiler:
Ep opens with a past motivational speech from Zeke, before coming back to the present where we basically find all of his people shot by snipers. Ezekiel is still alive, though wounded in the leg, after his subjects protected him from the gun fire.

They all turn and shamble after Zeke, before he is captured by a Saviour.

Turns out the heavy guns Rick was after were moved to this outpost. Carol, who had left to sweep the compound earlier, stalks the Saviours in charge of the guns. She kills several, but gets overwhelmed by numbers and trapped. She out-thinks them and opens a gate that allows zombies to sneak up and chomp on them.

Meanwhile, the geek Saviour and Zeke get trapped by walkers. The geek Saviour says he'd rather take Zeke to Negan but his head on a spike will do (as he is slowing his escape). As he is about to kill Zeke he is cleaved in two, by Jerry!!!! Zeke and Jerry are then hemmed in by a wall of walkers.

Carol has dealt with all but 2 Saviours but sees Zeke and Jerry in danger, so has a dilemma.

A flashback explains that Zeke was a meek zookeeper who saved Shiva the Tiger after the apocalypse unfolded. Shiva then became clearly devoted to Zeke.

Carol decides to concentrate on Zeke and Jerry, which allows the 2 surviving Saviours to escape with the "heavy guns". But Carol's not worried as she sees a growling motorbike race by.

Daryl and Rick chase after the heavy guns. Other than a silly bit where one Saviour is firing a machine gun at Rick's trailing Jeep yet can't get a single hit, it's a good scene. Daryl takes out the gunner and Rick jumps into the gun transporter and stabs the driver. They get the guns.

Carol, Zeke and Jerry have made their way to the woods but get cornered by a large hoard. Things look grim until Shiva attacks the hoard. She is swamped and killed by the herd. RIP Shiva. Carol, Zeke and Jerry escape. Zeke is sad.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top