Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmy Savile

+25
Fred Nerk
eowyn
Ethics? The Gall!
Neil D
Blackadder
Merlin
WideWally
Big Dog
Hass
beamer
G.Wood
OP Tipping
Red
skully
taipan
horace
embee
lardbucket
Basil
LeFromage
tricycle
JGK
Henry
Brass Monkey
PeterCS
29 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Jimmy Savile - Page 14 Empty Re: Jimmy Savile

Post by JGK Tue 10 Feb 2015, 12:03

taipan wrote:Looks like Bob Hewitt could be going down on Bubba.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Second-woman-testifies-at-Bob-Hewitt-trial-20150210

Fixed.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 23 Feb 2015, 00:16

Government House has announced Rolf Harris has been stripped of his Order of Australia.

Harris was last year sentenced to five years and nine months in jail for the indecent assault of four girls aged between 8 and 19 from 1969 to 1986.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 23 Feb 2015, 00:40

"Stripped" might have been more sensitively rephrased.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 23 Feb 2015, 01:29

Yeah - thought the same thing myself.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 23 Feb 2015, 01:43

skully
skully

Number of posts : 105794
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 28 Feb 2015, 07:26

Gary Glitter gets 16 years in chokey.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 28 Feb 2015, 07:58

Sounds like they are closing in on Harry Webb as well.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 03 Mar 2015, 05:59

Dreadful evidence today by the long term Headmaster of Knox Grammar - one of Sydney's posh boys high schools (not far from skully I think).

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/former-knox-grammar-head-ian-paterson-appears-before-sex-abuse-royal-commission-20150303-13tb46.html

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 03 Mar 2015, 06:05

Aye, only 10 mins away. With 2 girls and not being rich, I never had to consider my kids' attendance at the place.

Funnily enough, when I heard Paterson and his "profound apology" (which sounded less than convincing) on the wireless today, I thought of you and your line about having nothing left for Liberal pollsters after the Catholic school system had finished with you!!! Laughing Laughing
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 03 Mar 2015, 06:20

the Royal Commissioners and staff who have sat through all this evidence of misery inflicted on kids and the victims who have given evidence should be honored by us all.

People like Paterson and the vile Pell who have failed to intervene (so they could protect the church, or the school or the orphanage) are pariahs. These people collaborated in covering up crime.

As for the crims - throw away the key
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42563
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 03 Mar 2015, 06:25

horace wrote:the Royal Commissioners and staff who have sat through all this evidence of misery inflicted on kids and the victims who have given evidence should be honored by us all.

People like Paterson and the vile Pell who have failed to intervene (so they could protect the church, or the school or the orphanage) are pariahs. These people collaborated in covering up crime.

Can't disagree with any of this h.

And without wanting to make this overtly political, this is why I can't understand the Government's response to the Trigg's report which uncovered multiple incidences of abuse in detention centres.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 03 Mar 2015, 06:29

JGK wrote:
horace wrote:the Royal Commissioners and staff who have sat through all this evidence of misery inflicted on kids and the victims who have given evidence should be honored by us all.

And without wanting to make this overtly political, this is why I can't understand the Government's response to the Trigg's report which uncovered multiple incidences of abuse in detention centres.

Triggs was somewhat economical with the truth & prone to exageration in her report from what i can gather. I think that was the crux of the Governments displeasure.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 03 Mar 2015, 06:30

I get that but they elevated this relatively petty points above the seriousness of the reports findings which are quite clear.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Tue 03 Mar 2015, 06:43

JGK wrote:

its easy to understand on two counts. first shes leftie pinko scum and therefore not to be trusted. second theyre covering their own asses
what i cant do is forgive them for it
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 03 Mar 2015, 06:46

It is hilarious that the former Dean of the University of Sydney law school is considered a leftie.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 03 Mar 2015, 06:53

aye but when you are an extreme rightie everyone looks a dangerous leftie...eg consider what the neo-cons think of MT
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42563
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 03 Mar 2015, 08:19

I note The Bill won't leave Sir Cliff alone on "this thread" related matters.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 03 Mar 2015, 08:40

Re Triggs I don't think anyone is critical of the report but the current mob seem indignant the findings were sat upon through the ALPs last months and released only after the government changed.

If the reporting timeline was always scheduled to be this way, I can't see any issue. If the report was purposely held back or delayed while the ALP were in power, and released now in order to embarrass the current mob and spare the blushes of the previous incumbents, I can see why the Libs might be peeved about the timing of the report (but not the content).

The kids should all be out of detention and there has been good progress with this over the last 12 months.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38009
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 03 Mar 2015, 08:45

skully wrote:I note The Bill won't leave Sir Cliff alone on "this thread" related matters.

Taips wrote: NTR

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 08:47

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:I note The Bill won't leave Sir Cliff alone on "this thread" related matters.

Harry Webb wrote: NTR

taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 03 Mar 2015, 08:55

My defence is that I don't read taips' blitherings, as they are 99% pedantic moaning or yet another stalking attack. Must be a little depressing to be in a permanent bad funk. Must be the student fee bank loans and shitty pension arrangements. shrug
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 09:04

skully wrote:My defence is that I don't read taips' blitherings, as they are 99% pedantic moaning or yet another stalking attack. Must be a little depressing to be in a permanent bad funk. Must be the student fee bank loans and shitty pension arrangements. shrug

Fark me you really are a sad qunt.

BTW I had had no need for student loans, I earn enough to pay out of current earnings. My pension is in pretty good shape and my mortgage will we paid off withing the next two months. At the end of this month I get a substantial increase and my annual incentive bonus. But thank you for taking an interest.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 03 Mar 2015, 09:27

skully wrote:My defence is that I don't read taips' blitherings, as they are 99% pedantic moaning or yet another stalking attack. Must be a little depressing to be in a permanent bad funk. Must be the student fee bank loans and shitty pension arrangements. shrug

you really do want to share a red

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26169
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 09:28

embee wrote:

you really do want to share a red

I am guessing the first bottle is already finished,
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 03 Mar 2015, 09:46

lardbucket wrote:Re Triggs I don't think anyone is critical of the report but the current mob seem indignant the findings were sat upon through the ALPs last months and released only after the government changed.

If the reporting timeline was always scheduled to be this way, I can't see any issue. If the report was purposely held back or delayed while the ALP were in power, and released now in order to embarrass the current mob and spare the blushes of the previous incumbents, I can see why the Libs might be peeved about the timing of the report (but not the content).

The kids should all be out of detention and there has been good progress with this over the last 12 months.

She thought about having an inquiry in mid 2013 (when the number of children in immigration detention was at a peak of just under 2000) (There were 0 children in detention for Kevin07 to look after)

Gillard has infamously set the September election date and then Rudd changed it again after his reverse knifing

Triggs started the inquiry in Feb 2014

The Report states

"By July 2013, the number of children detained reached 1,992.

As the federal election was imminent, I decided to await the outcome of the election, and any government changes in asylum seeker policy, before considering launching an Inquiry. By February this year, it became apparent that there had been a slowing down of the release of children. Over the first six months of the new Coalition Government the numbers of children in detention remained relatively constant. Not only were over 1000 children held in detention by February 2014, but also they were being held for longer periods than in the past, with no pathway to resettlement.

In these circumstances, I decided to exercise the Commission’s powers under the Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986 (Cth) to hold a National Inquiry into Children in Immigration Detention."
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26169
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next