Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridiculous Pakistan Talent Vs Bloated Bumbling Neighbour

+12
basit
Red
Big Dog
horace
The One
taipan
tricycle
PlanetPakistan
JGK
Brass Monkey
Henry
doctorspin
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ridiculous Pakistan Talent Vs Bloated Bumbling Neighbour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ridiculous Pakistan Talent Vs Bloated Bumbling Neighbour

Post by PlanetPakistan Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:03

The One wrote:they do. they like seeing it go to the boundary
Laughing
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous Pakistan Talent Vs Bloated Bumbling Neighbour - Page 2 Empty Re: Ridiculous Pakistan Talent Vs Bloated Bumbling Neighbour

Post by Henry Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:13

Irfan Pathan, Ashish Nehra, L Balaji, Munaf Patel, RP Singh, Sreesanth, Ishant Sharma.......

Have I missed anyone? All talked up big-time when they came onto the scene, all showed abundant promise, all have now become unfit medium pacers (with the exception of Ishant, who is still pretty quick but just can't take wickets). It's a disgrace that so much talent could be allowed to go to waste.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:46

Sreesanth isn't a dobber, he's just shit most of the time. He's also been injured all year.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by basit Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:53

I beileve One main reason is that in pakistan it is the bowlers that are idolized. Everyone craves to be a Wasim, Waqar and Imran etc whereas in India, every body wants to become Sachin, Dravid. Surprisingly this has been the case for quite a bit of time Hazare, Gavaskar for India and Sarfraz Nawaz, Fazal Mehmood for Pakistan.

Another reason can be the huge financial gains associated with indian cricket. It all comes very quickly and easily for indian cricketers and can have an effect on their focus. This can be the reason of their downfall after a promising start.

basit

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:56

Good points basit. Welcome to the forum.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 18:44

Big Dog wrote:
Henry wrote:Like I said, the diet is a factor as well. Look what happened to Peter Siddle recently- In the last few months he has become a vegetarian, and now he can't back up in back to back tests.

Having said that, Umesh Yadav is pretty talented. He was the fastest bowler on both sides in the first test. It's a shame he is now injured. I think the cricketing cultures of India and Pakistan are different as well. In Pakistan it's a bit more 'get up and go' and there's a bit more license for creativity, whilst in India you're either a batsman, or one of the guys that bowls the ball so that everyone can watch the batsman score his runs.

A Pakistani fast bowler will see a flat pitch and try and bowl faster through the air and get the ball to reverse swing. An Indian bowler will see a flat pitch and try and settle into a line and length and keep it tight.

Siddle is worse than vegetarian, he's a Vegan. He'll be lucky to be bowling spin by the end of his career.

Seriously, he is vegan? Stupid decision. Can't even have milk protein. Very few plants provide a complete source of protein, whereas most animal products (all?) provide complete protein (all the essential amino acids).

We evolved to eat plants and animals; everything about the design of our bodies says this. You can become vegan if you want, but it is a stupid decision IMO, and one that a professional sportsman certainly shouldn't be making. We are the apex predator, and animals exist to be eaten, that is their purpose and that is how nature is. Veggies/vegans seem to have this nice, fluffy view of how 'nice' nature is, but the fate of most animals is to die horribly and painfully at the hands of a predator. At least we make it quite humane. The food web is just a huge interconnected mass of chains, linked together by blood, suffering and pain. Nature is a harsh mistress, but we rose to the top partly because we are better at exploiting other animals than any other predator. To abstain from all animal products is in some way denying your humanity and ancestry.

I would be the first to eat synthetic meat though. And, it's not so far off, but those crazy vegans probably wouldn't eat any.

I would guess that the difference between India and Pakistan is simply that people aspire to be those who are idolised. I don't really buy it that Indians are not suited to fast bowling, or that their diet is not. As TO said, it's a myth that Indians are veggies. Most aren't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 18:46

basit wrote:Another reason can be the huge financial gains associated with indian cricket. It all comes very quickly and easily for indian cricketers and can have an effect on their focus. This can be the reason of their downfall after a promising start.

This could well play a part, but I would argue that those who lose focus and hunger because of what they have gained, and the speed they gained it at, are not the kind of people who would succeed in test cricket anyway.

Never be satisfied. Never think you have made it. Never think you are the best, and one day, you just might be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 10 Dec 2012, 21:33

Klämmssøn wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
Henry wrote:Like I said, the diet is a factor as well. Look what happened to Peter Siddle recently- In the last few months he has become a vegetarian, and now he can't back up in back to back tests.

Having said that, Umesh Yadav is pretty talented. He was the fastest bowler on both sides in the first test. It's a shame he is now injured. I think the cricketing cultures of India and Pakistan are different as well. In Pakistan it's a bit more 'get up and go' and there's a bit more license for creativity, whilst in India you're either a batsman, or one of the guys that bowls the ball so that everyone can watch the batsman score his runs.

A Pakistani fast bowler will see a flat pitch and try and bowl faster through the air and get the ball to reverse swing. An Indian bowler will see a flat pitch and try and settle into a line and length and keep it tight.

Siddle is worse than vegetarian, he's a Vegan. He'll be lucky to be bowling spin by the end of his career.

Seriously, he is vegan? Stupid decision. Can't even have milk protein. Very few plants provide a complete source of protein, whereas most animal products (all?) provide complete protein (all the essential amino acids).

We evolved to eat plants and animals; everything about the design of our bodies says this. You can become vegan if you want, but it is a stupid decision IMO, and one that a professional sportsman certainly shouldn't be making. We are the apex predator, and animals exist to be eaten, that is their purpose and that is how nature is. Veggies/vegans seem to have this nice, fluffy view of how 'nice' nature is, but the fate of most animals is to die horribly and painfully at the hands of a predator. At least we make it quite humane. The food web is just a huge interconnected mass of chains, linked together by blood, suffering and pain. Nature is a harsh mistress, but we rose to the top partly because we are better at exploiting other animals than any other predator. To abstain from all animal products is in some way denying your humanity and ancestry.

I would be the first to eat synthetic meat though. And, it's not so far off, but those crazy vegans probably wouldn't eat any.

I would guess that the difference between India and Pakistan is simply that people aspire to be those who are idolised. I don't really buy it that Indians are not suited to fast bowling, or that their diet is not. As TO said, it's a myth that Indians are veggies. Most aren't.

I heard he was a vegetarian, not a vegan. Guess he's found himself some stupid airhead hippy for a girlfriend.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 10 Dec 2012, 22:00

Big Dog wrote:

...tosh...hilf bowls at a spinners pace these but without turn and he is a steak and chips sort of bloke
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by basit Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:05

Brass Monkey wrote:Good points basit. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, i am regular visitor since C4 days, but for some reason i enjoy reading comments rather than participating in the discussions. Lazy me Smile

basit

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:07

Welcome (back) basit. Hope you can contribute more often. We need a few more Pakistani forummers on here!
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:08

basit wrote:

Thanks, i am regular visitor since C4 days, but for some reason i enjoy reading comments rather than participating in the discussions. Lazy me Smile

Ah, you're one of those types eh Wink

Well, it's always good to start somewhere. Like an India v Pakistan thread Very Happy
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by basit Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:13

Klämmssøn wrote:
basit wrote:Another reason can be the huge financial gains associated with indian cricket. It all comes very quickly and easily for indian cricketers and can have an effect on their focus. This can be the reason of their downfall after a promising start.

This could well play a part, but I would argue that those who lose focus and hunger because of what they have gained, and the speed they gained it at, are not the kind of people who would succeed in test cricket anyway.

Never be satisfied. Never think you have made it. Never think you are the best, and one day, you just might be.

That is exactly the point. They don't succeed as they lose and hunger. Stardom and money at young age can be dangerous and can make you lose focus.

And i am not saying it is the only reason. It can be one of many reasons...

basit

Back to top Go down

Post by basit Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:18

Brass Monkey wrote:
basit wrote:

Ah, you're one of those types eh Wink

Well, it's always good to start somewhere. Like an India v Pakistan thread Very Happy

India pakistan threads are normally not good to start and/or follow. They turn to war after couple of pages. Amazingly this one is still going good.

basit

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:19

basit wrote:
India pakistan threads are normally not good to start and/or follow. They turn to war after couple of pages. Amazingly this one is still going good.

There's not much hatred here, apart from if you get Batman and PlanetPakistan conversing with each other.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by basit Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:26

Henry wrote: Welcome (back) basit. Hope you can contribute more often. We need a few more Pakistani forummers on here!

Thanks Trev, will definitely try to. My post count has already doubled in last couple of days Smile

basit

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:38

f*ck pakistan

there. i said it

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:40

and this thread would have been hella funny a year and a half ago

india is truly envious of pakistan's fast bowling talent. but not much else

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:40

maybe we need to invade. but that would not be indian. no?

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by basit Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:44

The One wrote:maybe we need to invade. but that would not be indian. no?

You can invade all you want, may be this will help us get rid from pathetic government that we have or will have....

basit

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:47

ha! pathetic government. that may well be where we can truly compete

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by basit Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:50

The One wrote:ha! pathetic government. that may well be where we can truly compete

Laughing

basit

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 11 Dec 2012, 23:56

how about you reunify and boot the poms out properly this time
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 12 Dec 2012, 00:01

you mean send cook and co. home? sounds like a plan

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 12 Dec 2012, 15:38

basit,
What was you user name on C4?
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next