Cricinfo

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Ethics? The Gall! on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 04:56

supermarket shelf policy. keep moving things around so everyone has to trawl the whole store to find what they want and some of em will buy things they hadnt intended
though wtf thought it could be made to apply to a cricket website i cant imagine
avatar
Ethics? The Gall!


Number of posts : 1911
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2012-08-23
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by taipan on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 05:24

IT people. Slightly higher up the evolutionary scale than HR people.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 45972
Age : 116
Reputation : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by horace on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 05:34

taipan wrote:IT people. Slightly higher up the evolutionary scale than HR Poisonnel people.

agree but fixed....Poisonnel here like to call their areas terms like "People and Culture"...it is complete nonsense
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 34080
Age : 107
Reputation : 64
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by taipan on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 05:41

horace wrote:
taipan wrote:IT people. Slightly higher up the evolutionary scale than HR Poisonnel people.

agree but fixed....Poisonnel here like to call their areas terms like "People and Culture"...it is complete nonsense

I remember one personnel consultant telling me "she sold people"

I asked her if she was a farking pimp.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 45972
Age : 116
Reputation : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by horace on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 05:49

urrkkkhh....sounds like a would be slaver!!

my experiences are similar....most would not recognise organisational culture if it sat up in their morning cereal. Those areas are expert in one thing - gossip about others in the organisation. At various times I have shaved their budgets. Too much time on their hands breeds malevolent gossip
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 34080
Age : 107
Reputation : 64
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by taipan on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 05:51

07:52:38They are the same as IT. They continually have to change things and invent shit so as to justify their inflated salaries. They add precisely SFA production value.

And before some posters here get too upset I am talking in house personnel.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 45972
Age : 116
Reputation : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by horace on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 06:53

taipan wrote:07:52:38They are the same as IT. They continually have to change things and invent shit so as to justify their inflated salaries. They add precisely SFA production value.

And before some posters here get too upset I am talking in house personnel.

aye a drag on production costs....most processing tasks are automated (eg payroll, leave,)...

In various orgs I have asked them to do some workforce planning/skill demand and supply projections, not rocket science...we have had to do it ourselves more than once when the ninnies served up rubbish.
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 34080
Age : 107
Reputation : 64
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by LeFromage on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 19:44

tricycle wrote:New design is completely shit.

Testify.
avatar
LeFromage


Number of posts : 26195
Reputation : 425
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

View user profile http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Nath on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 21:49

I never use the main page. I just go straight to live scores and then news home
avatar
Nath


Number of posts : 9724
Age : 38
Reputation : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Big Dog on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 08:00

Looks like Cricinfo have re-jigged their site & and as you would expect, its bloody awful. It also looks like you now need a facebook a/c to leave a comment. FFS!!
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 13616
Age : 27
Reputation : 75
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by skully on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 09:00

Simple, don't leave comments.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 90439
Age : 105
Reputation : 199
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Big Dog on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 09:08

skully wrote:Simple, don't leave comments.

No longer have a choice.
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 13616
Age : 27
Reputation : 75
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by taipan on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 11:39

The new live scores is shite. Where have the career stats gone?
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 45972
Age : 116
Reputation : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by tricycle on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 12:42

Can see them in the live section. However, the ads stand out more than the tabs. That, and how long will they take to sort out old scorecards?

75 world cup final, for example.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/65049/Australia-vs-West-Indies-Final-Prudential-World-Cup-1975/

79 final is there, weirdly.

tricycle


Number of posts : 12550
Age : 17
Reputation : 43
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by taipan on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 12:52

tricycle wrote:Can see them in the live section. However, the ads stand out more than the tabs. That, and how long will they take to sort out old scorecards?

75 world cup final, for example.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8039/scorecard/65049/Australia-vs-West-Indies-Final-Prudential-World-Cup-1975/

79 final is there, weirdly.

Not on the scoreboard on iPad. Used to be on right hand side opposite players name. On the bright side I have no adverts
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 45972
Age : 116
Reputation : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by skully on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 13:16

If it ain't broke...
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 90439
Age : 105
Reputation : 199
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Red on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 14:30

skully wrote:If it ain't broke...

I hate the new format.

Change is fine, but not for the sake of it.

We experience this at work too, except most of the changes are rebranded, recycled failed experiments.

If you critique these in any way, you're apparently negative and reactionary.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 14866
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by tricycle on Thu 27 Jul 2017, 15:55

The version before the previous update was most comfortable IMO.

But when browsing on mobile, I far prefer the current version to the previous one. It's handy particularly as I spend 2-3 hours in trains daily and browse quite a bit on mobile.  The previous version was quite awful. Took ages to load and the rich content loaded a bit after and the screen jumped around causing me to click an ad half the time.

There are clearly issues when browsing on tab/desktop with the current version, but it's perfect for mobile browsing.

tricycle


Number of posts : 12550
Age : 17
Reputation : 43
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Nath on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 08:53

there's too much going on in the live scorecards, and where's the news home?
avatar
Nath


Number of posts : 9724
Age : 38
Reputation : 38
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by skully on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 09:44

Red wrote:
skully wrote:If it ain't broke...

I hate the new format.

Change is fine, but not for the sake of it.

We experience this at work too, except most of the changes are rebranded, recycled failed experiments.

If you critique these in any way, you're apparently negative and reactionary.

Agree.

I hate when websites change for the sake of change. People like routine and familiarity.

And the new Cricinfo is seriously rubbish. I tried to get to the full commentary on the Lankan Test and gave up in disgust after being bounced around to what the site thought I wanted, not what I actually wanted. Qunts.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 90439
Age : 105
Reputation : 199
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by JGK on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 09:50

skully wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:If it ain't broke...

I hate the new format.

Change is fine, but not for the sake of it.

We experience this at work too, except most of the changes are rebranded, recycled failed experiments.

If you critique these in any way, you're apparently negative and reactionary.

Agree.

I hate when websites change for the sake of change. People like routine and familiarity.

And the new Cricinfo is seriously rubbish. I tried to get to the full commentary on the Lankan Test and gave up in disgust after being bounced around to what the site thought I wanted, not what I actually wanted. Qunts.


Ditto. I hate it. They old format had been around for 20 years - WTF change it? Or at least not have a link to an "old format" page.

JGK


Number of posts : 37201
Reputation : 121
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by taipan on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 09:52

Now my son is saying it won't update for him.

Does anyone like the upgrade? Apart from Trike that is,
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 45972
Age : 116
Reputation : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Big Dog on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 09:53

I suspect the new format is for the benefit of mobile apps. Thats why successful sites get changed these days.
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 13616
Age : 27
Reputation : 75
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Big Dog on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 09:55

taipan wrote:Now my son is saying it won't update for him.

Does anyone like the upgrade?
Apart from Trike that is,

No...and i can't find a contact access to tell them how shyte it is.
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 13616
Age : 27
Reputation : 75
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by taipan on Fri 28 Jul 2017, 09:58

Big Dog wrote:I suspect the new format is for the benefit of mobile apps. Thats why successful sites get changed these days.

I am guessing my iPad is locked into the mobile app but I can't find anyway of changing it.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 45972
Age : 116
Reputation : 116
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cricinfo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum