Homeland

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homeland

Post by skully on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:10

I was providing short reviews on the eps from the 1st 2 seasons in the Favourite TV Shows thread. Time for this show to have its own.

At the end of S2 200 of the CIA family were blown up by a bomb at a funeral. Carrie is sure Brody was no tot blame and helps him escape the country. He was last seen heading north for a fishing boat in Newfoundland.

The first 2 eps of S3 focus on the CIA outing Carrie Mathison as bipolar and having had a fling with Brody. At the end of Ep 2 she was a dribbling over-medicated institutionalised mess telling "former" mentor Saul Berenson to fark off. Methinks Saul is working on something.
skully

Number of posts : 91601
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Homeland

Post by skully on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:18

S03E03. Slowish but developing.

Spoiler:
The previous up-north-in-Newfoundland Brody shows up in Venezuela with 2 bullets in his gut, shot by Colombians after the $10M bounty on his head. He appears under the protection of a local militia, whose medic patches him up, aided by liberal doses of injected heroin.  The leader of the militia, El Nino, apparently has a link to Carrie.

In his temporary accommodation, a partially complete, bankrupt high rise building known as the Tower of David, he slowly regain his strength, pushing himself hard on fitness. But his protectors won’t let him leave.

In the psych ward Carrie begs he doctor to tell Saul she’s better, but gets frustrated when he is less than cooperative with her.

Brody plots with El Nino’s pretty daughter Esme, to escape the Tower to the local Mosque. She helps because she wants out as well, but Brody turns her away when he gets to the Mosque. He is provided refuge. But it goes to shit with the Imam dobbing him in and the local cops bashing him in the shower. But El Nino’s boys are waiting outside the Mosque and blow away the cops and Imam and recapture Brody and angrily chuck him in a small cell in the Tower.

Carrie gets a visit from a lawyer offering to set up talks with a partner, with promises that he can get her out. Carrie senses forces working against the CIA and says no.

Back in his hole Brody says he can’t do his Iraqi hole experience again. The medic says he has no choice and offers him heroin. He takes it. His desolation is juxtaposed over Carrie’s as she rocks in the corner of her loony bin room.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 02:43

I'm watching it at UK TV pace, so I'll constantly be a week behind as it airs on Sunday (as it does in 'Merica), but seven days later.

Up to E02. Quinn's starting to become interesting.
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

View user profile http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 03:56

Dello wrote:Quinn's starting to become interesting.
Indeed.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 04:26

Woulld've been an interesting show to get into. I stopped watching after the first.
Bradman

Number of posts : 13116
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 09:32

skully wrote:S03E03. Slowish but developing.

Spoiler:
The previous up-north-in-Newfoundland Brody shows up in Venezuela with 2 bullets in his gut, shot by Colombians after the $10M bounty on his head. He appears under the protection of a local militia, whose medic patches him up, aided by liberal doses of injected heroin.  The leader of the militia, El Nino, apparently has a link to Carrie.

In his temporary accommodation, a partially complete, bankrupt high rise building known as the Tower of David, he slowly regain his strength, pushing himself hard on fitness. But his protectors won’t let him leave.

In the psych ward Carrie begs he doctor to tell Saul she’s better, but gets frustrated when he is less than cooperative with her.

Brody plots with El Nino’s pretty daughter Esme, to escape the Tower to the local Mosque. She helps because she wants out as well, but Brody turns her away when he gets to the Mosque. He is provided refuge. But it goes to shit with the Imam dobbing him in and the local cops bashing him in the shower. But El Nino’s boys are waiting outside the Mosque and blow away the cops and Imam and recapture Brody and angrily chuck him in a small cell in the Tower.

Carrie gets a visit from a lawyer offering to set up talks with a partner, with promises that he can get her out. Carrie senses forces working against the CIA and says no.

Back in his hole Brody says he can’t do his Iraqi hole experience again. The medic says he has no choice and offers him heroin. He takes it. His desolation is juxtaposed over Carrie’s as she rocks in the corner of her loony bin room.
I don't get it...
Spoiler:
Why are they so hellbent on keeping Brody captive? They don't seem interested in the reward, yet are prepared to gun down the police to retain him. Maybe I zoned out when that was being addressed.

Tragic that he didn't jump young Esme's bones, though - a welcome bit of new talent to the show. (checks internets to be sure she isn't actually 12 or something. 32! Blimey, they age well in wherever she's from. Colombia. Must be the drugs.)

Tad filler-y, all in all, as an episode. But at least we know Brody's still kicking. And bald now, for no obvious reason. If he grows a goatee and starts selling crystal meth, I think the show's writers might have run out of ideas.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 09:39

S03E04. Welly well well.

Spoiler:
Carrie is desperate to get out of the psychiatric hospital but the model patient's discharge gets kiboshed by a CIA order. But it gets overturned by "The Firm" who knows a judge. On the outside Carrie finds she's been shut out of her own world, with all accounts, credit cards, passport etc cancelled. With nowhere to turn she accepts an offer to meet "The Firm's" head guy.

Meanwhile Dana runs away with psycho boyfriend Leo, who turns out to have a dodgy past. His younger brother committed suicide - or did he?

Carrie meets Leeland Bennett from The Firm and is offered a good life to allow a top Iranian operative pick her brain. Under the threat of the CIA discrediting and eventually killing her, she reluctantly agrees. Carrie, a spy?? WTF??

After giving numerous tails the slip she shows up at Saul's. And she says it went down just as Saul said it would. Bugger me, I knew Saul wouldn't betray his girl. The whole Carrie psycho adventure has been a Saul ruse to get contact with the Iranian guy behind the CIA bombing. Looks like Carrie is now a double agent.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 21 Oct 2013, 09:42

Dello wrote:
skully wrote:S03E03. Slowish but developing.

Spoiler:

I don't get it...
Spoiler:
Why are they so hellbent on keeping Brody captive? They don't seem interested in the reward, yet are prepared to gun down the police to retain him. Maybe I zoned out when that was being addressed.

Tragic that he didn't jump young Esme's bones, though - a welcome bit of new talent to the show. (checks internets to be sure she isn't actually 12 or something. 32! Blimey, they age well in wherever she's from. Colombia. Must be the drugs.)

Tad filler-y, all in all, as an episode. But at least we know Brody's still kicking. And bald now, for no obvious reason. If he grows a goatee and starts selling crystal meth, I think the show's writers might have run out of ideas.
I think these early S3 eps are pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. On their own they don't make much sense, but they'll all fall into place soon, as you'll see in Ep 4. Smile
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 20:01

skully wrote:S03E04. Welly well well.

Spoiler:
Carrie is desperate to get out of the psychiatric hospital but the model patient's discharge gets kiboshed by a CIA order. But it gets overturned by "The Firm" who knows a judge. On the outside Carrie finds she's been shut out of her own world, with all accounts, credit cards, passport etc cancelled. With nowhere to turn she accepts an offer to meet "The Firm's" head guy.

Meanwhile Dana runs away with psycho boyfriend Leo, who turns out to have a dodgy past. His younger brother committed suicide - or did he?

Carrie meets Leeland Bennett from The Firm and is offered a good life to allow a top Iranian operative pick her brain. Under the threat of the CIA discrediting and eventually killing her, she reluctantly agrees. Carrie, a spy?? WTF??

After giving numerous tails the slip she shows up at Saul's. And she says it went down just as Saul said it would. Bugger me, I knew Saul wouldn't betray his girl. The whole Carrie psycho adventure has been a Saul ruse to get contact with the Iranian guy behind the CIA bombing. Looks like Carrie is now a double agent.
I call bullshit on that.
Spoiler:
None of Carrie's behaviour would suggest she was in on any kind of plan - why would she have to "sell it" when there was no-one else around to see (other than the viewers), like scrambling around her house looking for a gun and passport?

Seems a weak plot twist on first viewing. Perhaps Carrie got in touch with Saul after contact was made and that's the "plan" they referred to. It doesn't really ring true otherwise.

Anyway, why are they bothering with Dana and her boytoy and all of that crap? It's totally incidental at this stage. Assuming Brody's never going to reintegrate with his family at any point from here, they have no value whatsoever to the overall picture. Oh no, Dana's run away from home and her mum's worried - that's really important in a show about international terrorism.

It's treading water. More filler than a Spice Girls album.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 06:12

Spoiler:
A fair call on the "sell" but she had to sell it to the viewer, for the sake of the show and the impact of the final scene in Ep 4 (and our renewed faith - I never doubted him - in Saul!! Very Happy). And hats off to Claire Danes - she DID sell it brilliantly.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 06:44

She's a brilliant actress, no doubt. Remember her from short-lived (but widely praised) teen-angst series My So Called Life.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 08:42

S03E05 - pretty good.

Spoiler:
A creepy Iranian dude, Majid Javadi, sneaks across the Canadian border into the US (Vermont).

Quinn is “fark me!!” impressed with Saul and Carrie’s ruse, but Saul asks him to keep an eye on her.

Carrie chucks out all her meds. I assume this is to ensure she keeps her insane “edge”, or she bizarrely thinks she can manage without them. I favour the former theory.

Leo almost has a head-on perving at napping Dana. In desperation, on the pretext that she tried to help them once, Jessica turns to Carrie for help in tracking down Dana. Carrie agrees to help and does a Yoga Run, where she goes to yoga class, swaps with a lookalike stand-in and sneaks out the back, where good ol’ Virgil is there to help, to give her space and time to set up a net for Dana.

Dana grabs dickhead Agent Hall who’s all “she’ll be right – they’re just a couple of young lovers”, but she tells him his life won’t be worth living if Dana goes missing on his watch. She gets back to the yoga class just as Quinn is buying her some time.

Saul has gone duck hunting with the Lead Senator of the Congressional Hearings, Andrew Lockhart, at which Carrie was outed. The Senator tells Saul that the President is losing faith CIA approaches to missions and favours military action such as drones. Saul is shocked when the Senator announces that the President is installing him as Director of CIA over Saul. This will seriously hamstring Saul.

At a gas station Dana hears a news bulletin indicating that Leo is a fugitive that may have killed his brother. She is shocked. She fronts Leo and he lies, but she pushes and he admits he suggested the suicide pact and was responsible for the death of his brother. They are recognised, cops arrive and Dana willingly goes to them.

Seems like Carrie’s errand to help find Dana has derailed Saul’s operation and he’s pissed. He heads off to a dinner at which it’s officially announced that Lockhart has been nominated as the next CIA Director. Saul says a few words, basically “fark you” to Lockhart.

Dana returns home feeling betrayed and breaks down in her bedroom.

Carrie is abducted by some swarthy Iranian types. Quinn, who’s been watching from 100m away, saw nothing but is suspicious, and goes to Carrie’s apartment and finds her gone. He calls Saul, who says they are back in the game. Carrie is taken to a house, head sack removed, and comes face-to-face with Javadi.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by horace on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 22:21

prefer spy v spy from the Mad Comix...more realistic
horace

Number of posts : 34619
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 07:41

skully wrote:S03E05 - pretty good.

Spoiler:
A creepy Iranian dude, Majid Javadi, sneaks across the Canadian border into the US (Vermont).

Quinn is “fark me!!” impressed with Saul and Carrie’s ruse, but Saul asks him to keep an eye on her.

Carrie chucks out all her meds. I assume this is to ensure she keeps her insane “edge”, or she bizarrely thinks she can manage without them. I favour the former theory.

Leo almost has a head-on perving at napping Dana. In desperation, on the pretext that she tried to help them once, Jessica turns to Carrie for help in tracking down Dana. Carrie agrees to help and does a Yoga Run, where she goes to yoga class, swaps with a lookalike stand-in and sneaks out the back, where good ol’ Virgil is there to help, to give her space and time to set up a net for Dana.

Dana grabs dickhead Agent Hall who’s all “she’ll be right – they’re just a couple of young lovers”, but she tells him his life won’t be worth living if Dana goes missing on his watch. She gets back to the yoga class just as Quinn is buying her some time.

Saul has gone duck hunting with the Lead Senator of the Congressional Hearings, Andrew Lockhart, at which Carrie was outed. The Senator tells Saul that the President is losing faith CIA approaches to missions and favours military action such as drones. Saul is shocked when the Senator announces that the President is installing him as Director of CIA over Saul. This will seriously hamstring Saul.

At a gas station Dana hears a news bulletin indicating that Leo is a fugitive that may have killed his brother. She is shocked. She fronts Leo and he lies, but she pushes and he admits he suggested the suicide pact and was responsible for the death of his brother. They are recognised, cops arrive and Dana willingly goes to them.

Seems like Carrie’s errand to help find Dana has derailed Saul’s operation and he’s pissed. He heads off to a dinner at which it’s officially announced that Lockhart has been nominated as the next CIA Director. Saul says a few words, basically “fark you” to Lockhart.

Carrie is abducted by some swarthy Iranian types. Quinn, who’s been watching from 100m away, saw nothing but is suspicious, and goes to Carrie’s apartment and finds her gone. He calls Saul, who says they are back in the game. Carrie is taken to a house, head sack removed, and comes face-to-face with Javadi.
I was right to call bullshit on the whole...
Spoiler:
...Carrie-was-in-on-the-plan-all-along plot twist. Saul tells Quinn that the ruse went back as far as the Senate hearings when he hung her out to dry, but we all saw Carrie - sitting on her own - being devastated whilst watching Saul sell her down the river. Who was she trying to fool? There was no-one there but us viewers.

Bullshit. The writers tried to pull a fast one.

Glad that Dana and storyline has petered out to a predictably meek ending. What a pointless diversion that was.

Handy that Carrie's got a yoga buddy who looks just like her and owns the same green t-shirt.

I mentioned Quinn was getting interesting a few episodes ago. I was wrong. He's since done f*ck all and has now become Carrie's bitch boy. Think he'll be dead in a few episodes.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 09:54

Aye, you woofed Quinn, D. Cool 
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler on Tue 05 Nov 2013, 07:42

Quinn really owns the 'walking into a room with a gun' role though. He's done it twice this season in exemplary fashion
spangler

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Tue 05 Nov 2013, 08:17

He's got the best "well that's almost a moustache" as well.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs on Tue 05 Nov 2013, 22:44

Dello wrote:
skully wrote:S03E05 - pretty good.

Spoiler:

I was right to call bullshit on the whole...
Spoiler:
...Carrie-was-in-on-the-plan-all-along plot twist. Saul tells Quinn that the ruse went back as far as the Senate hearings when he hung her out to dry, but we all saw Carrie - sitting on her own - being devastated whilst watching Saul sell her down the river. Who was she trying to fool? There was no-one there but us viewers.

Bullshit. The writers tried to pull a fast one.

Glad that Dana and storyline has petered out to a predictably meek ending. What a pointless diversion that was.

Handy that Carrie's got a yoga buddy who looks just like her and owns the same green t-shirt.

I mentioned Quinn was getting interesting a few episodes ago. I was wrong. He's since done f*ck all and has now become Carrie's bitch boy. Think he'll be dead in a few episodes.
I don't get your point. I can't see any other twist that could resolve the in on the plan thing other than she was in on the plan. Not sure which bits you mean where she's acting alone but I'd imagine fear of surveillance, taps, bugs etc could be an explanation for her solo behaviour. Not suggesting the plan went entirely to plan, she clearly wasn't happy at the hospital treatment during or afterwards, during the reveal to Saul but what other explanation is there for the whole thing apart from that she was in on it?

Can't remember a thing but the bomb from last season. Season 2 was dull and forgettable. Enjoying this one though,

No idea wtf is going on with Brody and gang in SA either.
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8928
Flag/Background : eng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 06:57

S03E06. Hmm, not sure what to think. Some development, some action, some slow bits.

Spoiler:
Ep starts with Quinn & Fara teleconferencing with Saul about the drone tracking of the car Carrie was in. They lost her. Saul is not happy.

Meanwhile, Javadi’s crew has Carrie on a lie detector.

Mira admits to an affair with the dude Saul walked in on having dinner with his wife. They met when she was in Mumbai on a break from Saul. He meekly accepts it. Poor Saul.

Carrie fails the lie detector test but tells Javadi he’ll be gunned down unless he comes to Saul. Javadi says OK but she must pretend to be onboard with him & deliver the intelligence that lead to the deaths of the 6 Iranians. She agrees. Then she is whisked away (a bit nervous) in a black car, & kicked out under a bridge.

Saul explains to Fara that Javadi & he worked together during the overthrow of the Shah in 1979. Saul had promised 4 Iranian double agents freedom in the US, but Javadi shot them all to ingratiate himself with the Iranian Secret Service. He has never forgiven Javadi for his treachery, but did extract some immediate revenge by getting Javadi’s wife & son out of Iran 4 months later. The 2 men hate each other. Saul is unsure if the plan to turn Javadi will work.

After all the crap she put her Mum through, Dana initiates an apparent “I’m sorry” by wanting to change the “Brody” in her name to her Mum’s maiden name “Lazaro”.

Carrie reports in & learns Saul’s crew lost drone coverage of her on the trip to Javadi’s. She worries that he’s now run. Saul assures her that since they dropped the hammer, survival is all that’s on Javadi’s mind. Saul orders her to rest before she next meets Javadi, & he’ll send through the fake CIA intelligence on the Iranian hits.

Carrie pees on a pregnancy test. It registers positive. She puts it in a drawer with dozens of other positives!!! Caz is very pregnant!! It's sure to be a ranga.

The soon-to-be new CIA Director Senator Lockhart rocks in & gets a tour from Dar Adal. Lockhart immediately sledges the CIA & its leadership, with Adal supporting a sweeping change agenda. Looks like Saul & Carrie are in his sights. Not sure what to think of Adal.

Dana does the paperwork for her name change, & the god-bothering clerk offers to pray for her.

Quinn drops off Carrie with intel, but Saul’s drone crew sees Javadi leave his house & go in a different direction. Carrie & Quinn chase with drone assist. Javadi stops at a house that turns out to be inhabited by Javadi’s ex-wife, daughter-in-law & grandson. He blows the daughter-in-law’s brains out at the front door, then stabs his ex-wife repeatedly in the neck with a broken bottle. Quinn bursts through the front door too late. Javadi says “now I’m ready to see Saul”. Saul is gutted but orders them to remove the bodies, clean up, & leave the baby.

The name change was just the start for Dana. She moves out to completely cut the Brody ties. Her Mum is gutted but lets her go.

Carrie & Quinn bring Javadi in. Saul just looks at him then flattens him with a lightning punch to the nose.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 08:00

skully wrote:S03E06. Hmm, not sure what to think. Some development, some action, some slow bits.

Spoiler:
Ep starts with Quinn & Fara teleconferencing with Saul about the drone tracking of the car Carrie was in. They lost her. Saul is not happy.

Meanwhile, Javadi’s crew has Carrie on a lie detector.

Mira admits to an affair with the dude Saul walked in on having dinner with his wife. They met when she was in Mumbai on a break from Saul. He meekly accepts it. Poor Saul.

Carrie fails the lie detector test but tells Javadi he’ll be gunned down unless he comes to Saul. Javadi says OK but she must pretend to be onboard with him & deliver the intelligence that lead to the deaths of the 6 Iranians. She agrees. Then she is whisked away (a bit nervous) in a black car, & kicked out under a bridge.

Saul explains to Fara that Javadi & he worked together during the overthrow of the Shah in 1979. Saul had promised 4 Iranian double agents freedom in the US, but Javadi shot them all to ingratiate himself with the Iranian Secret Service. He has never forgiven Javadi for his treachery, but did extract some immediate revenge by getting Javadi’s wife & son out of Iran 4 months later. The 2 men hate each other. Saul is unsure if the plan to turn Javadi will work.

After all the crap she put her Mum through, Dana initiates an apparent “I’m sorry” by wanting to change the “Brody” in her name to her Mum’s maiden name “Lazaro”.

Carrie reports in & learns Saul’s crew lost drone coverage of her on the trip to Javadi’s. She worries that he’s now run. Saul assures her that since they dropped the hammer, survival is all that’s on Javadi’s mind. Saul orders her to rest before she next meets Javadi, & he’ll send through the fake CIA intelligence on the Iranian hits.

Carrie pees on a pregnancy test. It registers positive. She puts it in a drawer with dozens of other positives!!! Caz is very pregnant!! It's sure to be a ranga.

The soon-to-be new CIA Director Senator Lockhart rocks in & gets a tour from Dar Adal. Lockhart immediately sledges the CIA & its leadership, with Adal supporting a sweeping change agenda. Looks like Saul & Carrie are in his sights. Not sure what to think of Adal.

Dana does the paperwork for her name change, & the god-bothering clerk offers to pray for her.

Quinn drops off Carrie with intel, but Saul’s drone crew sees Javadi leave his house & go in a different direction. Carrie & Quinn chase with drone assist. Javadi stops at a house that turns out to be inhabited by Javadi’s ex-wife, daughter-in-law & grandson. He blows the daughter-in-law’s brains out at the front door, then stabs his ex-wife repeatedly in the neck with a broken bottle. Quinn bursts through the front door too late. Javadi says “now I’m ready to see Saul”. Saul is gutted but orders them to remove the bodies, clean up, & leave the baby.

The name change was just the start for Dana. She moves out to completely cut the Brody ties. Her Mum is gutted but lets her go.

Carrie & Quinn bring Javadi in. Saul just looks at him then flattens him with a lightning punch to the nose.
What a palaver.

Spoiler:
Writers running out of ideas: "I know, let's make Carrie pregnant. She's a woman. She's had sex. It's perfect and in no way a hackneyed development."

She's also been, willingly, in a medical facility for a good while, getting pumped full of drugs in spite of suspecting she was knocked up. Or perhaps the viewers are expected to forget that the way they were supposed to forget her dismay at Saul hanging her out to dry even though she was supposed to be in on the plan all along.

Dana changed her name and moved out. Gripping stuff.

Javadi's wife - in witness protection, no less - just so happens to have been placed a few miles away from CIA HQ all along. The old double bluff, eh? They'd never think to look so close to home.

Where do we go from here? Is this a soap opera now, with occasional flashes of random violence? Bad times.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 08:12

Spoiler:
So only a few eps before Brody water-skis with Carrie on his shoulders in the Great White infested pool with inclined ramps???

At least the Guv's back in TWD!! I wonder if he shagged Carol. That should keep you watching The Strolling Zombies. Wink 
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:04

S03E07. OK-ish.

Spoiler:
Forensics are going over the murder house. Shit, Quinn’s been caught on a neighbour’s security camera!! And yet – no shot of the swarthy Javadi. Rolling Eyes

Javadi arrogantly bargains but Saul just lets him rant before telling him he now works for the CIA & is going back to Iran – either for the US or to be tortured slowly & killed for the embezzling $50M from the Iranian Secret Service.

Dar Adal calls on Quinn wanting to know where Saul is. Quinn flips him some glibness, so Adal shows him the pic that makes him the main suspect in the double homicide.

Saul tells Quinn to lay low, & Carrie to call in favours to get the pic off the wires. And Adal & the Feds are not to know Javadi is in the country. Javadi continues to give Saul lip, but knows that he’s cornered with no choice but to take Saul’s deal (although it seems flimsy to me).

The cop that owes Carrie a favour doesn’t do her any & introduces her to the lead investigators at the house of horrors. Unmedicated, she can’t cope with the stress & pukes (morning sickness?). All she gets is the suggestion that “the guy in the photo needs to talk”.

Saul tells Javadi he has a way to get him back into Iran in a position of influence. Quinn agrees to talk to the cops, with the worse outcome that he’ll be charged with 2 murders but as CIA the cops can’t touch him. Saul reckons it’ll buy them some time to get Javadi out of the country. Before Javadi leaves with Carrie, Saul gets confirmation from him that Brody was not responsible for the Langley bombing.

Saul calls Mira, who is in the sack with her Indian lover, to tell her he hasn’t given up a claim on her.

Saul rocks up at CIA HQ & Dar Adal is seething for being kept out of whatever loop Saul is in.

On the trip to the airport Javadi attempts to work over Carrie with “Saul’s a cruel bastard”. He then tells her that he wanted to know who moved the Langley bomb. Carrie’s interest is piqued when Javadi repeats “not Brody”. He goes on to say “but who gave them the keys to move the car?” Darting Carrie eyes.

Quinn fronts the cops at the murder house, & uneasily “confesses” to the double murder, while getting a spray from the lead investigator about the shitty CIA.

Saul fronts Senator Lockhart & Adal, & tells them of the Javadi recruiting. Lockhart is totally unimpressed, particularly when he learns Javadi was lured to the country by Saul & Carrie’s plan, & that Javadi is about to board a plane back to Iran. Lockhart goes on a “WTF-athon” & demands a phone to talk to the President to fry Javadi’s arse on US soil. Saul calmly ushers him into a conference room, locks him in & blacks out the windows. Adal chuckles with Saul as they walk away. Saul is not about to let a once-in-a-lifetime chance of Javadi working for the US slip away.

As Carrie puts Javadi on the jet, she can’t resist trying for more Langley bombing intel. Javadi says the man who built the bomb is still alive & in the country, & the head guy at The Firm Leland Bennett knows where he is.

Quinn seems to have had an epiphany during “confession” that he’s had enough of the CIA’s “the end justifies the means”. But Carrie keeps him interested with the news that Brody wasn’t the bomber.

Ep ends with Saul happy after a good day, asking for Mira’s forgiveness for forgetting how beautiful she is.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 08:35

skully wrote:S03E07. OK-ish.

Spoiler:
Forensics are going over the murder house. Shit, Quinn’s been caught on a neighbour’s security camera!! And yet – no shot of the swarthy Javadi. Rolling Eyes

Javadi arrogantly bargains but Saul just lets him rant before telling him he now works for the CIA & is going back to Iran – either for the US or to be tortured slowly & killed for the embezzling $50M from the Iranian Secret Service.

Dar Adal calls on Quinn wanting to know where Saul is. Quinn flips him some glibness, so Adal shows him the pic that makes him the main suspect in the double homicide.

Saul tells Quinn to lay low, & Carrie to call in favours to get the pic off the wires. And Adal & the Feds are not to know Javadi is in the country. Javadi continues to give Saul lip, but knows that he’s cornered with no choice but to take Saul’s deal (although it seems flimsy to me).

The cop that owes Carrie a favour doesn’t do her any & introduces her to the lead investigators at the house of horrors. Unmedicated, she can’t cope with the stress & pukes (morning sickness?). All she gets is the suggestion that “the guy in the photo needs to talk”.

Saul tells Javadi he has a way to get him back into Iran in a position of influence. Quinn agrees to talk to the cops, with the worse outcome that he’ll be charged with 2 murders but as CIA the cops can’t touch him. Saul reckons it’ll buy them some time to get Javadi out of the country. Before Javadi leaves with Carrie, Saul gets confirmation from him that Brody was not responsible for the Langley bombing.

Saul calls Mira, who is in the sack with her Indian lover, to tell her he hasn’t given up a claim on her.

Saul rocks up at CIA HQ & Dar Adal is seething for being kept out of whatever loop Saul is in.

On the trip to the airport Javadi attempts to work over Carrie with “Saul’s a cruel bastard”. He then tells her that he wanted to know who moved the Langley bomb. Carrie’s interest is piqued when Javadi repeats “not Brody”. He goes on to say “but who gave them the keys to move the car?” Darting Carrie eyes.

Quinn fronts the cops at the murder house, & uneasily “confesses” to the double murder, while getting a spray from the lead investigator about the shitty CIA.

Saul fronts Senator Lockhart & Adal, & tells them of the Javadi recruiting. Lockhart is totally unimpressed, particularly when he learns Javadi was lured to the country by Saul & Carrie’s plan, & that Javadi is about to board a plane back to Iran. Lockhart goes on a “WTF-athon” & demands a phone to talk to the President to fry Javadi’s arse on US soil. Saul calmly ushers him into a conference room, locks him in & blacks out the windows. Adal chuckles with Saul as they walk away. Saul is not about to let a once-in-a-lifetime chance of Javadi working for the US slip away.

As Carrie puts Javadi on the jet, she can’t resist trying for more Langley bombing intel. Javadi says the man who built the bomb is still alive & in the country, & the head guy at The Firm Leland Bennett knows where he is.

Quinn seems to have had an epiphany during “confession” that he’s had enough of the CIA’s “the end justifies the means”. But Carrie keeps him interested with the news that Brody wasn’t the bomber.

Ep ends with Saul happy after a good day, asking for Mira’s forgiveness for forgetting how beautiful she is.
I thought they were going to pull some 24 shit...
Spoiler:
... where Quinn goes back to his car and gets on the phone to say "uh oh, Carrie's on to me. She knows about the bomb..." even though nothing in his actions thus far have indicated he's a traitor. They still might. They've run out of stuff to do with his character so this could be a way to put him back in play and bollocks to how it tracks. That was always the trick the same producers pulled in 24.

I assume Brody must be getting killed off this season, as he's only been in one episode, with just five episodes left. Seems like they're getting the audience used to the show without him - and frankly, what can he bring to the table now?

Bit worrying that the future head of the CIA couldn't work out how to escape an office conference room, surrounded by glass.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 09:20

Dello wrote:
Spoiler:
Bit worrying that the future head of the CIA couldn't work out how to escape an office conference room, surrounded by glass.
Spoiler:
Phurt, he's a Senator. Screaming "WTF??" loudly and often usually works to get results.
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skully on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:48

S03E08. Pedestrian with some build up at the end – as usual. [sigh]

Spoiler:
Carrie & Quinn go over files looking for a connection to Leland Bennett in the Langley bombing. Carrie wonders out loud where Fara is.

At the White House, Senator Arsehole knifes Saul prior to his briefing with Chief of Staff, Mike Higgins. Saul is unphased. He admits to the Mike that he knows he’s out of the CIA when Lockhart is in charge. Mike likes the briefing.

Mira breaks it off with the boy-toy to give Saul another chance. Saul & Carrie have a spat over Saul’s lack of effort with Javadi in finding out who bombed Langley. Quinn suggests Dar Adal approach Leland Bennett.

Fara takes a sick day to tend her ill father. He thinks she works at a bank.

Adal’s meeting with Bennett doesn’t go well. Bennett’s guy, Franklin, demands answers from Carrie on Adal’s threat about an investigation into the Firm. Carrie calls Saul, saying it’s on, & he advises to wait 24 hrs, then tell the Firm the CIA knows who the bomber is.

Carrie has an ultrasound. Yup, there’s a little Brody on the way. She then has her 1st pre-natal appointment – at 13 weeks. Was she hoping it was a mirage?

Fara gets a visit from CIA Inspector General & gets a rev up about 2 sick days & cruising by the house of horrors. She’s on thin ice. He father now knows she’s working for the CIA & ain’t happy.

Carrie feeds info to Bennett’s guy, Franklin, who confirms the bomber is still in the country. He advises Carrie to lay low. He calls Bennett, & they want to get the guy out of the country with a new ID. The CIA is listening. Franklin sends a text to the bomber.

Mira arrives home as her toy-boy is setting up surveillance on her PC. Odd that Saul didn't suspect he might have been dodgy.

Under heavy surveillance, Franklin goes to a motel & calls the bomber, & tells him his position may have been compromised. He is shit scared. Franklin puts a silencer on his gun. Carrie freaks out. Adal says keeping Franklin in the game is more important than the bomber’s life & orders all teams to stand down. All do except Carrie.

She storms towards Franklin raving that Saul promised her the bomber. Adal authorises a shot on Carrie. Quinn takes her down!! Franklin kills the bomber, then dissolves the body.

The command team race Carrie to a hospital. She’s pissed off.

Saul, who told Mira he had to go away for a few days, shows up at the Tower of David in Brazil. He finds Brody in the room he was chucked in in episode 3, sitting in his own filth & looking half dead. Er, where to from here?
skully

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top