OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Brass Monkey on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 00:29

Aye, it was Larry. No foreplay at all. Just a straight up graphic three pump dump
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 00:33

To be fair, his spoilers are all speculation.

You've not been befouled too badly.
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

View user profile http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 00:53

Well, I suppose you spoilered the supremo babylons in Ep 2, so you're as bad as him, in a way.
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 00:54

That wasn't spoilering. That was spreading the good word. Flash of gash too, if you slowed it down and went frame by frame.

Which I didn't.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 01:04

Dello wrote:That wasn't spoilering. That was spreading the good word. Flash of gash too, if you slowed it down and went frame by frame.

Which I didn't.

Good point.

But it's probably all merkins nowadays though. So really one just gets excited by some horsehair thong. That's my problem nowadays: no imagination whatsoever. Good effort by her either way - a high flying entry onto my Smashlist™
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 01:17

I'm not sure. The eyes. They're terrifying. She's like Yul Brynner in Westworld.

Last edited by Dello on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 07:54; edited 1 time in total
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 07:50

I'm not reading the previous page
spangler

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 07:56

A word on Community:

Season 1: excellent, episode titled Modern Warfare may well be the best 22 mins of sitcom you may ever see

Season 2: excellent if less funny.

Season 3: patchy, episode titles Remedial Chaos Theory another real stand out

Season 4: creator and show runner left, very patch season

Season 5: creators back. So far excellent.

Watch Modern Warfare as a stand alone episode - it really is worth it but far more rewarding in the context of the whole series
spangler

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 08:00

Community's one of those series that seems to create a bit of buzz and a devoted following, but I've never much felt compelled to bother to check out.

One day, maybe...

LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by vilkrang on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 08:34

Saw the first 3 series of Community and loved it, although I was watching it when smack bang in the middle of my err... smack addiction and I have pretty bad associations with it now so not sure if I will watch the rest of it.

Same with Kung Fu and Red Dwarf. I'm now terrified of grasshoppers and the theme tune to Red Dwarf which used to put me in a happy mood and stick a smile on my face, now makes me a quivering wreck.

vilkrang

Number of posts : 12210
Registration date : 2007-09-09
Flag/Background : eng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 09:21

Dello wrote:To be fair, his spoilers are all speculation.

You've not been befouled too badly.

This is what I thought but I'm sorry Daniel and all. I often post from a phone and forums are buggy as hell on a smartphone so the less fiddling around with tags the better. Apologies. Of course now I shall post with impunity and get my bitch Dello to clear up my carnage.

Spoiler:

Yes, the father in law could well be it as I don't see where else she could have seen such things. Dunno though, there's a lot of things making you think Marty but as I say I'm not sure he's TYK but may be a part of the crew. Lighting man for the rituals or something. Of course all the hints at Marty could just be clever misdirection.
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8928
Registration date : 2007-08-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 10:16

It's alright Laz - I don't like surprises anyway. I used to hate Cilla Black's show on a Sunday evening. I hated not knowing what was inside my Kinder egg. I even hated Tequila Sunrise because it sounded a bit like surprise. F*ck it.
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 12:18

I haven't spoiled anything you mess. I made 2 guesses which are probably wrong.
Lara Lara Laughs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 12:23

vilkrang wrote:Saw the first 3 series of Community and loved it, although I was watching it when smack bang in the middle of my err... smack addiction and I have pretty bad associations with it now so not sure if I will watch the rest of it.

Same with Kung Fu and Red Dwarf. I'm now terrified of grasshoppers and the theme tune to Red Dwarf which used to put me in a happy mood and stick a smile on my face, now makes me a quivering wreck.

I can remember you posting about those shows. At least I think it was about those shows.
taipan

Number of posts : 46271
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 20:13

Anyway just finished EP6. Building up to a stupendous climax.
taipan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 22:47

A solid episode (6), but a bit after-the-lord-mayor's-show following on from the frenetic and excellent 4 and 5.

Spoiler:
I felt it was a bit clunky, the execution of how Rust and Marty fell out, and a lot of those scenes played out very predictably.

Marty's met a young woman. He's going to have another affair. Maggie's going to find out again. And that'll be the end of their marriage. Yup.

Maggie's turned up drunk at Rust's house. They're going to have awkward, regretful sex. Marty's going to find out. There'll be a punch up. Yup.

The other stuff in the episode was far more interesting: Rust having a face to face with Rev. Tuttle. The broken down former preacher. 2012 Marty and Rust finally meeting up for a beer.

Then there's Rust's withering words of wisdom for a child killing woman who has just confessed her crimes: "If you get the opportunity, you should try and kill yourself." Ice cold.

Nice touch having Marty hook up with the prostitute he helped out with a few bucks seven years previous, out of the kindness of his heart. "Was that a downpayment?" Rust sneered. Yes. Yes it was.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 03:14

Dello wrote:A solid episode (6), but a bit after-the-lord-mayor's-show following on from the frenetic and excellent 4 and 5.

Spoiler:
I felt it was a bit clunky, the execution of how Rust and Marty fell out, and a lot of those scenes played out very predictably.

Marty's met a young woman. He's going to have another affair. Maggie's going to find out again. And that'll be the end of their marriage. Yup.

Maggie's turned up drunk at Rust's house. They're going to have awkward, regretful sex. Marty's going to find out. There'll be a punch up. Yup.

The other stuff in the episode was far more interesting: Rust having a face to face with Rev. Tuttle. The broken down former preacher. 2012 Marty and Rust finally meeting up for a beer.

Then there's Rust's withering words of wisdom for a child killing woman who has just confessed her crimes: "If you get the opportunity, you should try and kill yourself." Ice cold.

Nice touch having Marty hook up with the prostitute he helped out with a few bucks seven years previous, out of the kindness of his heart. "Was that a downpayment?" Rust sneered. Yes. Yes it was.

Spoiler:
that was always going to be the reason for the fallout
taipan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vilkrang on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 09:52

taipan wrote:
vilkrang wrote:Saw the first 3 series of Community and loved it, although I was watching it when smack bang in the middle of my err... smack addiction and I have pretty bad associations with it now so not sure if I will watch the rest of it.

I can remember you posting about those shows. At least I think it was about those shows.
I could actually function pretty well on it and was quite coherent, even held down a job in Winchester County Council for a while, shooting up during my lunch break at the pub across the road. Functioned far better than when I was drinking anyway.

15 months off all that now, thankfully.

Anyway, the first 3 seasons of Sherlock have just come in to my local video shop. Is it as good as it's hyped up to be? Am going to give it a go but I don't know whether to go in with Breaking Bad levels of expectations or significantly lower than that. It's rated 9.3 on IMDB but that seems a bit high for a British show (Can only think of Life on Mars from the last 10 years that comes close to anything from America).

vilkrang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 09:56

vilkrang wrote:
taipan wrote:

I could actually function pretty well on it and was quite coherent, even held down a job in Winchester County Council for a while, shooting up during my lunch break at the pub across the road. Functioned far better than when I was drinking anyway.

Anyway, the first 3 seasons of Sherlock have just come in to my local video shop. Is it as good as it's hyped up to be? Am going to give it a go but I don't know whether to go in with Breaking Bad levels of expectations or significantly lower than that. It's rated 9.3 on IMDB but that seems a bit high for a British show (Can only think of Life on Mars from the last 10 years that comes close to anything from America).
So going back to England permanently?

Dan rates it highly.
taipan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:19

Dello wrote:A solid episode (6), but a bit after-the-lord-mayor's-show following on from the frenetic and excellent 4 and 5.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think it was all quite believable. Yeah we've seen it a million times but that's because it's the kind of thing that happens.

And I now suspect Beth and possibly even Maggie (with her dad) of being in on the conspiracy. Something's definitely not right with Beth. She's dodge.

Sherlock's great fun. It's not to be taken seriously like BB though and it's not comparable or on the same level.
Lara Lara Laughs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vilkrang on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:24

taipan wrote:
vilkrang wrote:
taipan wrote:

So going back to England permanently?

Dan rates it highly.
Aye, I think so. Has been amazing here but I'm ready to go back now. Should be off in a couple of months, but my visa expires in August so would have had to go back then anyway.

vilkrang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:27

Yeah, 'fun' is what I'd call Sherlock. Keenos panned the third season, but rated the first two.
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:29

Brass Monkey wrote:Keenos panned the third season, but rated the first two.

He's been very bitter since Ipswich sacked him.
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by vilkrang on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:32

Yeah, 9.3 seems high for a bit of fun. I guess it must be really f*cking fun.

Will update in a bit...

vilkrang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vilkrang on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 11:59

Right. Rinsed my way through Sherlock.

First two series were good, maybe great, with some episodes being quite brilliant. My only real issue with the first two series is that it's a pretty terrible depiction of Moriarty. He's just a bit of a tit, not menacing, not scary, not really much of a villain at all really apart from the fact they say he is a villain. But other than that I really enjoyed the first two series.

The 3rd series on the other hand just got worse and worse as it went on. I was initially just a bit annoyed with the wife, almost entirely due to the fact that Watson seemed to have multiple beautiful women on the go and then decided to settle for... that. The second episode irritated me as I would be watching Eastenders if I wanted wedding dramas. However I was begging for the heady days of series 3 episode 2 after watching series 3 episode 3. What utter horseshit.

Spoiler:
After the facepalming twist of Mary being ex-CIA (FFS) I spent the rest of the episode rolling my eyes at almost every scene. But even that didn't prepare me for the ending. I was open for the episode to at least partially redeem itself, with a clever flashback or some point that Sven Goran Eriksson had missed, even if it was a bit far-fetched or implausible. Instead Sherlock pulls out a gun and shoots him in the head. So it's Dirty Harry now. But even after that it got worse.

After the stupid twist with Mary I said to myself "they just need to bring back Moriarty to completely f*ck this up". Lo and behold...

I know, it probably won't turn out that he really is alive, but I'm not even sure now. They sunk to pretty similar depths throughout the episode so it wouldn't surprise me if they now say he faked blowing his brains out. Not particularly looking forward to the 4th series, very pleased I watched the first 3 back to back as if I had waited over a year for the 3rd series it would have been crushingly disappointing.

vilkrang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top