Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

+14
Chivalry Augustus
embee
Bradman
Lara Lara Laughs
horace
WideWally
Big Dog
lardbucket
PeterCS
Ethics? The Gall!
Brass Monkey
skully
taipan
JGK
18 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 14 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

Post by taipan Tue 18 Jul 2017, 20:16

beamer wrote:Yeah, will have to watch 6.10 again to be sure, there were a lot of time jumps in that episode (teleporting Varys anyone?) and apparently will be similar in a faster paced S7 as well.

The Twins was the Freys' original home though, wherever this action took place, and they won't have abandoned it as it was the strategic river crossing that gave this weak upstart house the power it had. If they have now been decimated it will be up for grabs.

Yeah, I watched it last week.

The Varys teleport made no sense. I was wondering if there were two of them
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 14 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

Post by beamer Tue 18 Jul 2017, 20:33

taipan wrote:
beamer wrote:Yeah, will have to watch 6.10 again to be sure, there were a lot of time jumps in that episode (teleporting Varys anyone?) and apparently will be similar in a faster paced S7 as well.

The Twins was the Freys' original home though, wherever this action took place, and they won't have abandoned it as it was the strategic river crossing that gave this weak upstart house the power it had. If they have now been decimated it will be up for grabs.

There was obviously supposed to be a substantial time gap between the scene with him in Dorne and the one of him setting sail with all the others... I think we will get more of that sort of thing in the last two series.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 18 Jul 2017, 22:10

beamer wrote:
taipan wrote:

There was obviously supposed to be a substantial time gap between the scene with him in Dorne and the one of him setting sail with all the others... I think we will get more of that sort of thing in the last two series.

It's about 6 months, book time, from adorned to Slavers Bay
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 18 Jul 2017, 22:27

I thought they sailed from Pentos which according to the maps is on the western edge of Essos. Still a fair journey but some weeks could have passed during that episode?

Anyway, if face swapping, shadow babies and bringing people back to life are possible in this particular world, maybe some Star Trek-style methods of transport aren't too far fetched either Wink

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:53

Anyway, aside from debating the geography and transport logistics of a fictional world (never thought I'd be doing that on a cricket forum...)

Benioff and Weiss have announced their next project as "Confederate", an alternate history American drama that looks likely to be another large cast epic. It won't be produced until after GoT S8 though, as is the case for any GoT prequel/spinoff which the writers have already said they won't be directly involved in.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 24 Jul 2017, 07:23

S07E02.

Spoiler:
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105843
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 24 Jul 2017, 21:31

They were pretty short odds to be the first named characters killed in S7... wondered if Jon was going to get rid of Littlefinger before heading south for a moment though.

Qyburn is basically a creepy medieval version of Q from Bond, isn't he... just needs to throw in a "Pay attention" nod to his initial-sake!

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 24 Jul 2017, 22:13

Holy hell.

There have been more epic episodes than this, but this episode was absolutely supreme. It was gripping from start to finish. It's crazy, but maybe they're right with just having 11 more fantastic episodes, they're almost all like films now. It's been amazingly good so far.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 24 Jul 2017, 23:42

Yeah, no filler now, it's going to be pretty much constant "episode 9s".

It's almost certainly for the best that it has always had a clearly defined ending (though from a book still yet to be written!), and isn't just going to drift on for numerous series because people want it to, long after it has run out of ideas.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 25 Jul 2017, 00:45

J meets D next week - stand by for the the world to shake.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 30 Jul 2017, 15:10

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 14 20293147_1112061382227249_8495876068061124300_n
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26180
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 31 Jul 2017, 09:40

S07E03

Spoiler:
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 31 Jul 2017, 19:56

Arguably the best episode of the entire show.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 31 Jul 2017, 21:06

skully wrote:S07E03

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Great episode, anyway... the picking up of the pace reports were very true, though still feels like 7 episodes isn't enough, there's so much to fit in and some characters still aren't seen for a whole episode or longer!

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 31 Jul 2017, 22:03

Good to see Tyrion getting some screen time/dialogue this week, he's been rather underused this past series or so.

Stark reunions being rationed - Arya to Winterfell next week presumably, with Jon to meet up with her and Bran at a later date (next series even) if all are still standing by then?

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 31 Jul 2017, 23:24

beamer wrote:Good to see Tyrion getting some screen time/dialogue this week, he's been rather underused this past series or so.

Stark reunions being rationed - Arya to Winterfell next week presumably, with Jon to meet up with her and Bran at a later date (next series even) if all are still standing by then?

I'm pretty sure Bran won't be standing.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 05 Aug 2017, 19:39

Well just seen E4. Top stuff.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 06 Aug 2017, 00:18

Is this a good time to say that I have never watched a second of this and I have absolutely no chuffing idea about what's going on?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 06 Aug 2017, 01:54

you're not alone

I read the weekly skully synopses here, and I'm sure I've got as good a handle on the series as I need to.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 07 Aug 2017, 09:04

Ripper episode aces
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 07 Aug 2017, 13:28

S07E04 - yup Mr Dog, a cracker.

Spoiler:
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 07 Aug 2017, 16:17

Just watched it. Brilliant.

Can't believe that was an hour.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 07 Aug 2017, 19:36

This season keeps getting better. Who knows how much further it can improve.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 07 Aug 2017, 20:05

Basil wrote:Is this a good time to say that I have never watched a second of this and I have absolutely no chuffing idea about what's going on?
It's never too late, you won't regret it... speaking as someone who was a sceptic until pretty recently.

While I guess it's possible to just dip in now and enjoy the action, it's not the same as watching it from the start and really understanding the back stories of all the main characters.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 07 Aug 2017, 21:16

beamer wrote:
Basil wrote:Is this a good time to say that I have never watched a second of this and I have absolutely no chuffing idea about what's going on?
It's never too late, you won't regret it... speaking as someone who was a sceptic until pretty recently.

While I guess it's possible to just dip in now and enjoy the action, it's not the same as watching it from the start and really understanding the back stories of all the main characters.

It's not about the action. There are no heroes who are not badly flawed in some way. Okay some of the bodies are just that, but none of the good guys are without their dark side.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next