Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview

+21
Aditya
furriner
buckSH
Blackadder
Chivalry Augustus
OP Tipping
Big Dog
Bradman
Fred Nerk
skully
lardbucket
Henry
Ethics? The Gall!
Lara Lara Laughs
Brass Monkey
taipan
PeterCS
embee
JGK
horace
Red
25 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview - Page 6 Empty Re: Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview

Post by taipan Fri 08 Jan 2016, 11:20

So 93% of voters say Gayle shouldn't be banned.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview - Page 6 Empty Re: Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 08 Jan 2016, 12:22

buckSH wrote:Karti, fine chap he is, has not been able to underline the real reason behind this maelstrome. It is typical of 'white societies' since the start of the process called 'globalization' wherein societies have been sought to be integrated to make a giant cola market for an american conglomerate to shift their guilt onto non-whites. Examples for this are many.

gayle tried to flirt or mock a white hostess. Ofcourse she was not welcoming and he didn't flow. Her male co-hosts and co-commentators were heard sniggering and laughing at her displeasure in the background. It is what happens when a lot of 'mates' get together and make it a males club. You poke fun at the odd-man-out or here it is the odd-woman-out.

gayle would surely have received many leading comments from his colleagues on how Mel McLaughlin was up for the game and he took it sportingly but was not too sure of himself and was not sure if he would end up looking like an ass, which he ultimately did and thus the hesitation all around.

Now the TV Hosts and the oh-so-sanctimonious Aussie cricket chief thinks that Gayle has to be singled out and made an example since that is convenient for him and like-minded aussies because looking inwards into what they did wrong can prove to be far more slippery and difficult.

So hey here's an easy target, a black guy .. wouldn't have made any difference if the one stammering out a proposal was an Asian/Pakistani/Indian/Bradfordian/Bangaldeshi/Zimbabwean or whatever. The point is the need of the hour was to pick a low hanging fruit and play a con game on all.

Laughing Shit man... I need to subscribe to your newsletter.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 08 Jan 2016, 12:29

I thought you wrote it. Under the radar.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Fri 08 Jan 2016, 13:03

I am only here to register my opinion on this matter and increase my post count

Aditya

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2010-12-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 08 Jan 2016, 13:10

Aditya wrote:I am only here to register my opinion on this matter and increase my post count

Hey baby! Long time no see. Stick around!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Fri 08 Jan 2016, 13:56

I am outraged at the outrage at the outrage at Gayle's comments. Well, something like that.... getting hard to follow. He's been an A grade prick for ages, after all.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 08 Jan 2016, 17:12

Brass Monkey wrote:
Aditya wrote:I am only here to register my opinion on this matter and increase my post count

Hey baby! Long time no see. Stick around!

What the hell are you wearing, girlfriend?

I agree, Aditya must stay.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 09 Jan 2016, 00:34

And now Chappell wants a world wide ban. Didn't this guy expose himself on the field to a woman?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethics? The Gall! Sat 09 Jan 2016, 01:01

was wondering how long it would take bucky to play the race card
Ethics? The Gall!
Ethics? The Gall!

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 2012-08-23
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sat 09 Jan 2016, 05:46

I have believed for a while that Malcolm Knox is a classified qunt, but he had his opinions. This time he seems to have gone from a classified qunt with opinions to a drooling imbecile.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/the-trouble-with-being-chris-gayle--it-all-comes-down-to-respect-20160108-gm1tiy.html

furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sat 09 Jan 2016, 21:13

Just came to post the article Furri has. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Who the f*ck is this utter idiot?
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 09 Jan 2016, 21:44

He's a generally highly-regarded cricket writer - has a few well-received volumes under his belt.

But he may have misjudged this one. And outironised himself.

http://junkee.com/smh-article-that-used-blackface-to-satirise-chris-gayles-sexism-is-getting-torn-to-shreds-on-twitter-3/71774
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 09 Jan 2016, 21:58

Satire/parody that needs to be explained doesn't reach its intended audience.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38009
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sat 09 Jan 2016, 23:01

lardbucket wrote:Satire/parody that needs to be explained doesn't reach its intended audience.

It was obviously satirical but just not very funny.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 10 Jan 2016, 03:03

Can't wait to hear how the bar-thumpers try and tell me Knox is racist but their pin-up hero Sam Newman wasn't when he black-faced Nicky W....

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8790
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sun 10 Jan 2016, 09:05

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Just came to post the article Furri has. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Who the f*ck is this utter idiot?

PeterCS wrote:He's a generally highly-regarded cricket writer - has a few well-received volumes under his belt.

But he may have misjudged this one. And outironised himself.

http://junkee.com/smh-article-that-used-blackface-to-satirise-chris-gayles-sexism-is-getting-torn-to-shreds-on-twitter-3/71774

I'ell you who he is,

I regard myself as someone who holds in contempt organized religion, most forms of nationalism, is a liberal and who if he could would rather spend his life reading books and getting drunk while also watching the cricket.

From his writing, Knox is the type of guy who makes me want to run outside singing the Indian national anthem, waving the Indian flag, then chant Sanskrit hymns in praise of Lord Rama, curse whitey and burn a few effigies.  

He sets my teeth on edge because he comes across as narrow minded, self righteous and convinced of his moral high ground.

In short, even when he's right, he's f*cking wrong.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:02

JGK wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Satire/parody that needs to be explained doesn't reach its intended audience.

It was obviously satirical but just not very funny.

It's nothing to do with it not being funny.

It's ridiculously offensive and intellectually bankrupt. Most UK sports journalists on Twitter are aghast that someone would actually try to fight sexism with racism. The reaction is just stunned disbelief that something could be so misjudged. The argument is the sort of thing the loud mouth idiot in the pub says without an ounce of prior thought. Even as a thought experiment it makes zero sense.

How it got past an editor is beyond me. Heads would roll if I was in charge. Utter c*nt.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:23

Couldn't agree more, furriner. His rampant, tub-thumping nationalism and general arrogance skew the balance of his articles. I don't respect his journalistic style. Long story short - he's a qunt and I dislike him quite a bit
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:39

It's possibly the most horrendous, patronising, offensive thing I've ever seen in print in a mainstream publication.

The tweet in Peter's link couldn't be more spot on - a well-off white man trying to educate a black person on racism and sexism when he's experienced NEITHER. All while being stupidly offensive about a whole culture.

Gross. Absolutely, hideously gross. People I know would slap the sh*t out of this guy if they met him. But of course he'd never do an impression like that to a Caribbean man's face.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Sun 10 Jan 2016, 12:19

Would I be called a troll if I suggested this story is bigger than it should be simply because a black man asked out a white woman on live TV?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview - Page 6 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sun 10 Jan 2016, 12:24

I don't know PF.  I don't hold a brief for Gayle, I think he behaved like a q*nt too.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Sun 10 Jan 2016, 13:58

Paul Keating wrote:Would I be called a troll if I suggested this story is bigger than it should be simply because a black man asked out a white woman on live TV?

That's why I don't really get the degree of righteous anger either, PK. Bloke asks woman out - it's what blokes do.

Yes, wrong time, and wrong place - no question about it, so I'm in no way defending Chris Gayle or his actions. It was crass and stupid, and had Mel answered along the lines that she was fed up, not hard up - he'd have been well and truly put in his place. Considering the initial reaction in the studio, it obviously wasn't regarded as such a disgraceful episode until the twatterrati mob got up a head of steam, at which point both the TV execs and the cricket authorities hit the panic button.

The bloke is a grade A, first class 5 star dick, and may well be a sexist too - but I don't consider this an example of sexism ...... that label would be justified if he'd even hinted that she shouldn't be conducting the interview, or didn't understand the game simply because of her sex. He didn't even come close ..... he tried being clever and made a cock of himself in front of thousands instead. The embarrassment would usually be punishment enough.

IMO, some of the reactions border on hysteria, and do not help the fight against real sexual discrimination - which although far less frequent than in the past, is still a very real problem to be tackled. The cheapening of it in this manner won't make the job any easier.
Growler
Growler

Gayle asks Mel M out during post-innings interview - Page 6 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 10 Jan 2016, 14:40

Pretty much nailed on Growls. IMHO the twitterati brigade would of been better off concentrating on the dick he made of himself, rather than making him a martyr ( to some).
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 21 Apr 2016, 06:30

Apparently******* has called his baby ....Blush

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26169
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 21 Apr 2016, 07:58

He's such a quiet, tactful fella isn't he?

Why skate on thin ice when you can smash it ...

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next