Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

+12
Paul Keating
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
taipan
skully
Big Dog
Blackadder
Ethics? The Gall!
JGK
embee
Bradman
horace
16 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 7 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by Bradman Tue 19 Apr 2016, 02:03

God I firkin hate Stephan Conroy.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 7 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XII)

Post by JGK Tue 19 Apr 2016, 03:57

Bradman wrote:God I firkin hate Stephan Conroy.

Aye. An utter dick.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 19 Apr 2016, 04:39

Yup, a true qunt on a grand scale.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105843
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 19 Apr 2016, 04:43

Cosgrove is qunt....loathed throughout the squaddie ranks....a ridiculous appointment as GG
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 19 Apr 2016, 07:47

That may be, h, but it's poor form in the extreme for a MP to diss the Head of State's representative, he who oversees our adherence to the Westminster system and conventions for responsible government. What Conroy did was highly irresponsible and quntish, and he should have known better. Paul Kunting, he ain't.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 19 Apr 2016, 11:57

Conroy is right down there with Kevin Andrews with respect to both quntishness and self-delusion. Held in contempt by both sides ...

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Fri 22 Apr 2016, 00:16

Seems like Sophie Mirabella is still hanging around Indi like a bad smell. Laughing
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/sophie-mirabella-denies-shoving-indi-rival-cathy-mcgowan-says-government-pulled-10-hospital-funding-20160421-gocdhr.html

Blackadder

Aus Federal Politics thread (XII) - Page 7 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 22 Apr 2016, 13:07

With Bronny gone, the Libs need another truly evil woman. Mirabella would be a worthy successor. However McGowan could be re-elected.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 04 May 2016, 07:05

So it seems the budget is for billionaires. Lucky we are all in that club.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 04 May 2016, 07:22

And a deal bag of mary jane is only $25.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 May 2016, 07:24

I see Shortarse has suggested he will put the Collins class subs on Gumtree to make up Labor's budget black hole. Except no-one would be silly enough to make a bid for the lemons.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 May 2016, 07:27

horace wrote:So it seems the budget is for billionaires. Lucky we are all in that club.

Dunno about that, h. I'm no billionaire, but I do I have a lazy $ half mill ready (having sold off an investment property recently) to slot into my Super account (in 2 years) having already put the maximum non-concessional amount in for years 2015-16 to 2017-18, but now won't be able to do that, with the new lifetime cap on non-concessional contributions.

MrK, any suggestions??
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 04 May 2016, 08:13

a nice glass of chianti

Skully, you could invest in Peter Dutton memorabilia...he's hit it big time on the net

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 04 May 2016, 08:39

The Graun Blog on Bronny's farewell:

Bronwyn Bishop lets one barb go. She says she was asked to resign from the speakership to protect Tony Abbott. She says there’s more to this saga, but not for now.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 04 May 2016, 08:41

JGK wrote:The Graun Blog on Bronny's farewell:

Bronwyn Bishop lets one barb go. She says she was asked to resign from the speakership to protect Tony Abbott. She says there’s more to this saga, but not for now.
Cockteasing?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 04 May 2016, 08:43

Bronny hasn't been able to tease a cock for at least 40 years. Occasionally she might terrify one slightly less; that's her only concession to cockteasing tradition.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 04 May 2016, 09:02

skully wrote:
horace wrote:So it seems the budget is for billionaires. Lucky we are all in that club.

Dunno about that, h. I'm no billionaire, but I do I have a lazy $ half mill ready (having sold off an investment property recently) to slot into my Super account (in 2 years) having already put the maximum non-concessional amount in for years 2015-16 to 2017-18, but now won't be able to do that, with the new lifetime cap on non-concessional contributions.

MrK, any suggestions??

Yeah - a bit of bad luck that. My 50 something boss emailed me late last night with the same question (preceded with a "Farkwits"). It's only for contributions after 1 July 2007.

Have you retired yet? Can you salary sacrifice you full 35k for the next 2 years?

Alternatively, buy a more expensive house.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 May 2016, 11:44

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:

MrK, any suggestions??

Yeah - a bit of bad luck that.  My 50 something boss emailed me late last night with the same question (preceded with a "Farkwits").   It's only for contributions after 1 July 2007.

Have you retired yet?  Can you salary sacrifice you full 35k for the next 2 years?

Alternatively, buy a more expensive house.  

Retired 10 months now (and loving it!!). I'm actually officially in "Transition to retirement" (paying myself a pension) but fark working for a lark if I don't have to!! So no salary sacrifice available.

And I'm actually in the process of downsizing, to help future-proof my Super balance. Now that's out the window it looks like I have to invest wisely outside my Super.

It's really only a minor issue until I'm 60. I'll have to pay tax on the earnings from any investment, but from 60, my Super income isn't taxable, leaving only the investments outside my Super as taxable. At current TD rates, I'd barely make the taxable threshold.

Buying a unit and sticking my 28 year old gainfully employed daughter in there might be the best way to go.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 04 May 2016, 13:41

finally, the epitaph for the filth Bishop

link is worth a read. she really is a pile of odium on high heels.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 May 2016, 15:37

Speaking of filth, I see the boil on the arse of Aus politics is waving goodbye.

Clive Palmer says he won't recontest Fairfax

"Controversial businessman turned federal MP Clive Palmer will not recontest his Sunshine Coast seat of Fairfax at the July 2 election, but he has left the door open to make a tilt for the Senate.

As Mr Palmer battles to keep control of his dwindling fortune as liquidators chase $300 million in debts from his Townsville nickel refinery, the Palmer United Party leader announced on Wednesday he was bowing out of federal parliament.

"Courage remains one of the most important things that I most admire in life. We need to have the courage to let go and to move on," Mr Palmer told Parliament during his valedictory speech.

"I believe I have that courage today to leave this House of Representatives satisfied with what Palmer United has done and knowing that it would have been a different Australia if we hadn't stopped the 2014 budget and the Newman government in Queensland."

Mr Palmer was unlikely to hold Fairfax in the next election – he had been polling only 2 per cent – but he has decided to pull the pin early."

------------------------------------

Good riddance, you useless piece of slimy lard. But alas, he's trying to parlay his 2% polling into a Senate seat. Fat qunt.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 04 May 2016, 21:29

skully wrote:(re) Clive Palmer ... good riddance, you useless piece of slimy lard. But alas, he's trying to parlay his 2% polling into a Senate seat. Fat qunt.

Oi. No relation.

I actually wonder if he is dementing. He'd be a good bet for the CDL next year I think.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 05 May 2016, 03:03

geebers...if there was a semblance of justice, Bronny will get dementia and cop kero baths (and pay for the pleasure, because that is the Oz way)
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 05 May 2016, 05:06

lardbucket wrote:
skully wrote:(re) Clive Palmer ... good riddance, you useless piece of slimy lard. But alas, he's trying to parlay his 2% polling into a Senate seat. Fat qunt.

Oi.  No relation.

I actually wonder if he is dementing. He'd be a good bet for the CDL next year I think.

Dunno about demented, but he's deadset a heart attack waiting to happen. He can't take 2 steps without puffing and wheezing, the bilious steaming pile of cholesterol.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 05 May 2016, 05:19

JGK wrote:The Graun Blog on Bronny's farewell:

I especially made time to watch Davros' valedictory speech wondering if he'd do an apology or justification for selling out his principals for ministerial leather. After the normal family crap (not sure if the daughter who hates his guts was there) he made special mention of Tom Lewis (FFS!), Bob Ellicot and Barwick. The TV was in danger if he'd managed to fit in 'the toecutter'.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 12 May 2016, 16:24

Maladroit is in the Panama papers and testy on the subject.

Given Wran was also mentioned, this will give the right a shot in the arm.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next