Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islam - what is it all about?

+20
krikri
WideWally
Basil
skully
furriner
horace
Brass Monkey
spangler
Bradman
Lara Lara Laughs
tricycle
beamer
Chivalry Augustus
PeterCS
brockley
lardbucket
JGK
Ethics? The Gall!
taipan
Big Dog
24 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Islam - what is it all about? - Page 2 Empty Re: Islam - what is it all about?

Post by Big Dog Wed 23 Sep 2015, 10:22

An interesting article:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260019/hijrah-europe-robert-spencer
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 14:15

Big Dog wrote:Sensationalist fear mongering article:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260019/hijrah-europe-robert-spencer
FTFY

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 23 Sep 2015, 17:00

Chivalry Augustus wrote:I wish the politicians would leave aside their political correctness and just admit that we are facing a war against Islam. It is the religion of anti-democracy, it is the religion of violence and brutality, it is the religion of sexism, it is the religion of slavery and child labour, it is the religion that seeks power and dominance over other people and other religions. There are no successful Islamic states, there are no predominantly Muslim states that are stable and safe places to live. It is easy to look at this as being coincidental, but not when it is true of every single one. Islam is the enemy.

I've never really looked in this thread but if this is typical of the comments within it, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know you like to play this sad, prolix, provocateur but if these are genuinely your views you need to grow up and meet some people. I don't really have any interest in getting into an argument with someone as self obsessed with their own 'edgy' views as yourself but something needed to be said because "all it takes for evil to prosper.." and all that. Done my bit.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 23 Sep 2015, 19:00

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Chivalry Augustus wrote:I wish the politicians would leave aside their political correctness and just admit that we are facing a war against Islam. It is the religion of anti-democracy, it is the religion of violence and brutality, it is the religion of sexism, it is the religion of slavery and child labour, it is the religion that seeks power and dominance over other people and other religions. There are no successful Islamic states, there are no predominantly Muslim states that are stable and safe places to live. It is easy to look at this as being coincidental, but not when it is true of every single one. Islam is the enemy.

I've never really looked in this thread but if this is typical of the comments within it, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know you like to play this sad, prolix, provocateur but if these are genuinely your views you need to grow up and meet some people. I don't really have any interest in getting into an argument with someone as self obsessed with their own 'edgy' views as yourself but something needed to be said because "all it takes for evil to prosper.." and all that. Done my bit.

So I guess you are quite happy to name the successful Islamic states.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 19:13

taipan wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

So I guess you are quite happy to name the successful Islamic states.
[BD]England is relatively stable[/BD].

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 21:44

It's all about the definition of apostasy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 24 Sep 2015, 01:39

Well ultimately he's correct that the war will be against islam. ISIS is Islamic. Don't get much more islamic than these guys. I also agree with whoever raised the point about regional nations not doing enough refugee wise. Yeah it's us (the west, great satan, capitalism, whatever) bombing the crap out of them but do you think we like doing it? It costs money. Bombs ain't cheap. Nor are aircrew, though the sooner technology rids the world of arrogant pilots the better. Maybe we just pull back and say "go for it guys". But we're not going to do that. So we're in the game and the game is going to war against ISIS or Islamic states. I mean if you're going to be in the region, war would seem inevitable and unless you're target's Israel it's going to be one of the medieval, undemocratic, morally repugnant, corrupt regimes we have in the past or now currently recognise and support with aid and arms.

You've almost got agree with the now much used and cliched sentiments by characters in a myriad of movies/tv dramas, "Shit, I miss the Cold War".
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Thu 24 Sep 2015, 19:13

Bradman wrote:Well ultimately he's correct that the war will be against islam.  ISIS is Islamic.  Don't get much more islamic than these guys.  I also agree with whoever raised the point about regional nations not doing enough refugee wise.  Yeah it's us (the west, great satan, capitalism, whatever) bombing the crap out of them but do you think we like doing it?  It costs money.  Bombs ain't cheap.  Nor are aircrew, though the sooner technology rids the world of arrogant pilots the better.  Maybe we just pull back and say "go for it guys".  But we're not going to do that.  So we're in the game and the game is going to war against ISIS or Islamic states.  I mean if you're going to be in the region, war would seem inevitable and unless you're target's Israel it's going to be one of the medieval, undemocratic, morally repugnant, corrupt regimes we have in the past or now currently recognise and support with aid and arms.

You've almost got agree with the now much used and cliched sentiments by characters in a myriad of movies/tv dramas, "Shit, I miss the Cold War".

Seriously no. Isis are Islamic in the same way that the Westoboro Baptist church are Christian. Except there's more of them and they're much worse. Some of the comments on this thread are worthy of Stormfront and the EDL. I suggest you head to their horrendous forums or follow Tommy Robinson on Twitter. His entire feed is similar to this garbage. I'm done.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 24 Sep 2015, 19:32

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Bradman wrote:Well ultimately he's correct that the war will be against islam.  ISIS is Islamic.  Don't get much more islamic than these guys.  I also agree with whoever raised the point about regional nations not doing enough refugee wise.  Yeah it's us (the west, great satan, capitalism, whatever) bombing the crap out of them but do you think we like doing it?  It costs money.  Bombs ain't cheap.  Nor are aircrew, though the sooner technology rids the world of arrogant pilots the better.  Maybe we just pull back and say "go for it guys".  But we're not going to do that.  So we're in the game and the game is going to war against ISIS or Islamic states.  I mean if you're going to be in the region, war would seem inevitable and unless you're target's Israel it's going to be one of the medieval, undemocratic, morally repugnant, corrupt regimes we have in the past or now currently recognise and support with aid and arms.

Seriously no. Isis are Islamic in the same way that the Westoboro Baptist church are Christian. Except there's more of them and they're much worse. Some of the comments on this thread are worthy of Stormfront and the EDL. I suggest you head to their horrendous forums or follow Tommy Robinson on Twitter. His entire feed is similar to this garbage. I'm done.

So I guess the successful Islamic states will remain anonymous
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 20:29

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Seriously no. Isis are Islamic in the same way that the Westoboro Baptist church are Christian. Except there's more of them and they're much worse. Some of the comments on this thread are worthy of Stormfront and the EDL. I suggest you head to their horrendous forums or follow Tommy Robinson on Twitter. His entire feed is similar to this garbage. I'm done.

These are books full of horrific incidents and some people will inevitably take them literally (especially when the penalty for dissent can be capital). Why are they not proper Muslims and Christians if they follow them to the letter?

Back to top Go down

Post by brockley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 00:27

Klammsen christians as a christian do not take the jewish texts as Jews do,everything is interpreted through our god Jesus.Where the bible is taken in context of the new testament.Yes we take Jesus' word lierally,but we believe in Jesus as incarnite of God.

I will leave the interpretation of the koran for a liberal muslim to explain,I am no expert,but the fact Mohomad had people killed if they did not convert is a huge worry and dangerous precedent.

brockley

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 06:07

"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

You might be surprised as to who said that, brockley.

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 25 Sep 2015, 07:29

vilkrang wrote:"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Was it Warnie?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Fri 25 Sep 2015, 07:46

lardbucket wrote:
vilkrang wrote:"But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Was it Warnie?

Freddie would have said it better

Last edited by spangler on Fri 25 Sep 2015, 08:00; edited 1 time in total
spangler
spangler

Islam - what is it all about? - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 25 Sep 2015, 07:50

Perhaps that's what Freddie said to Yuvraj, before the 666 666 over. Certainly made him bat like two devils.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by brockley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 07:59

Generally Jesus was peacable to those who persecuted him.
Can you tell me where in the bible so i can contextualize it?
I remember Pter asked to call heavens fire on Jesus and he said you don't know what spirit you are of.
Thats my jesus.

brockley

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 25 Sep 2015, 09:09

Are we discussing our fave fiction? I reckon Lion-O was very, very dim. He barely seemed to learn throughout the whole of the Thundercats series. They should've gotten together and voted for Panthro to be the leader. Tygra had too many doubts. He wasn't strong enough to lead. Cheetara could've done a job, but as we know, there's an underlying vein of sexism running through that faction.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:21

Yes, we are all aware there are such verses in the Bible, Torah,  Shruti, Dhammapada etc. however its only the Muslims that take similar passages in the Koran literally.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:51

Read a history book.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:56

vilkrang wrote:Read a history book.

We are talking about the here and now.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Sep 2015, 23:37

Big Dog wrote:

Yes, we are all aware there are such verses in the Bible, Torah,  Shruti, Dhammapada etc. however its only the Muslims that take similar passages in the Koran literally.

The penalty for and definition of apostasy (ridiculously broad) is the cause, I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Sep 2015, 23:45

brockley wrote:Klammsen christians as a christian do not take the jewish texts as Jews do,everything is interpreted through our god Jesus.Where the bible is taken in context of the new testament.Yes we take Jesus' word lierally,but we believe in Jesus as incarnite of God.

I will leave the interpretation of the koran for a liberal muslim to explain,I am no expert,but the fact Mohomad had people killed if they did not convert is a huge worry and dangerous precedent.

I am aware that Christians do not believe they are bound by OT law although it seems to me that Matthew 5:17-19 suggests otherwise.

There is probably a passage that contradicts that though.

Back to top Go down

Post by brockley Mon 28 Sep 2015, 05:39

King James Bible
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

brockley

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 28 Sep 2015, 06:43

Good grief...can I suggest that you folk refrain from citing scripture?...There aint no gods...and even DGB had feet of clay as a person. I nowadays enjoy the humanity of his final innings duck.

horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 18 Dec 2015, 00:00

Really interesting take on it all:

http://insidestory.org.au/what-is-the-driving-force-behind-jihadist-terrorism

To sum up the conclusions: radicalisation is a youth revolt against society, articulated on an Islamic religious narrative of jihad. It is not the uprising of a Muslim community that is victim to poverty and racism: only young people join, including converts who did not share the “suffering” of Muslims in Europe. These rebels without a cause find in jihad a noble and global cause, and are consequently instrumentalised by a radical organisation (al Qaeda, ISIS), that has a strategic agenda.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next