Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes lockout with Aussie players on the front foot

+18
tricycle
WideWally
Henry
JKLever
furriner
Blackadder
PeterCS
Bradman
lardbucket
embee
skully
Big Dog
horace
taipan
Basil
Fred Nerk
Nath
Red
22 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Ashes lockout with Aussie players on the front foot - Page 10 Empty Re: Ashes lockout with Aussie players on the front foot

Post by lardbucket Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:47 pm

As I said. Management/administratium doublespeak, total dissembling rubbish, smearing players when in truth the administrators are transparently the rapacious nest-feathering qunts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Ashes lockout with Aussie players on the front foot - Page 10 Empty Re: Ashes lockout with Aussie players on the front foot

Post by Bradman Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:21 am

skully wrote:I just sent a tersely worded email to CA. I imagine Peever will wipe his arse with it, along with notes from many other "peeved" Aus cricket fans.

From past experience, this is the most pointless exercise in human existence. I admit to persisting myself merely in an attempt not to get the autoreply.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:10 pm

CA now wants to go to Fair Work

"The long running cricket pay dispute has come to a head, with Cricket Australia deciding to refer the bitter feud to an industrial umpire if agreement cannot be reached over the weekend.

Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland will today reveal his plan to submit the pay dispute to arbitration unless a period of intensive negotiations scheduled for the next few days produces a compromise on substantive issues and removes an impasse threatening Australia’s first Test tour of Bangladesh for 11 years.

The escalation of the divisive pay wrangle, which has cast uncertainly over this summer’s Ashes series, came after the Australian Cricketer’s Association rejected the latest, pay offer from the game’s administration.

It appears that several weeks of talks involving Mr Sutherland and his ACA counterpart Alistair Nicholson have moved the dispute no closure to resolution, with the ACA still adamant that players must receive a percentage of the game’s gross revenues and Cricket Australia insistent that the continuation of this model would come at an unreasonable cost to other, more pressing issues in the game.

Mr Sutherland has called a press conference for 3.30pm today to outline the next phase of the pay dispute, which is being carefully monitored by broadcasters, sponsors and the federal government."

---------------------------------------

At that press conference (just watched it) Sutherland rejected the latest ACA peace plan, claiming it was no good for CA. He now wants ACA to agree to go to Fair Work Commission.

This is a long way from solved. CA looking to make the players look like the bad guys while not giving any ground on their own position. Qunts.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105843
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Bradman wrote:
skully wrote:I just sent a tersely worded email to CA. I imagine Peever will wipe his arse with it, along with notes from many other "peeved" Aus cricket fans.

From past experience, this is the most pointless exercise in human existence.  I admit to persisting myself merely  in an attempt not to get the autoreply.

Of course, but it felt good to call CA "a pack of dickheads".
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:44 pm

If the Fair Work Commission rule in CA's favour, would Watto get to vote on whether they should appeal?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:05 pm

I may be wrong, but it appears to me that CA have not given an inch in 9 months and now wants the industrial umpire to ratify their obstinance.

I can see the players saying GFQ.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:17 pm

skully wrote:I may be wrong, but it appears to me that CA have not given an inch in 9 months............

I hate it when people don't give an inch in 9 months. I find they usually come around if you give them 9 inches for a full month.

furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:41 pm

welp, I guess we're not going to Bangladesh. CA can shove their short-term contracts
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11948

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:55 pm

England players are actually on a better deal than Australian players. Might be worth for our players to start looking for some pommie grandparents.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:07 pm

furriner wrote:
skully wrote:I may be wrong, but it appears to me that CA have not given an inch in 9 months............

I hate it when people don't give an inch in 9 months.  I find they usually come around if you give them 9 inches for a full month.

Skite!!! Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Sutherland knows deep down the players can afford to hold tight and make the running. They have calculated their cash reserves, CA need the players to generate the revenue. The players can be intransigent because if they ride this out they will be so much better long term.

Re. Sutherland - why did they hire a CEO with such a jittery voice? Smile

He sounds so poor as the mouthpiece of the organisation.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:29 pm

Big Dog wrote:England players are actually on a better deal than Australian players. Might be worth for our players to start looking for some pommie grandparents.

We locked that avenue up years ago.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Warner has hit back at Sutherland suggesting that the players are emotionally connected to the Baggygreen and are hurt too by what is going on.

Sutherland will curry no favour with fans with his current strategy.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 pm

Red wrote:Re. Sutherland - why did they hire a CEO with such a jittery voice? Smile

He sounds so poor as the mouthpiece of the organisation.

He's always been nervous in front of the media.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Red wrote:Warner has hit back at Sutherland suggesting that the players are emotionally connected to the Baggygreen and are hurt too by what is going on.

Sutherland will curry no favour with fans with his current strategy.

He basically said that the ACA plan is farked, and the players have been deliberately delaying and stalling. WTF???

He did the whole process no favours at all. This has got Peever brinkmanship written all over it.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:04 am

skully wrote:
Bradman wrote:

From past experience, this is the most pointless exercise in human existence.  I admit to persisting myself merely  in an attempt not to get the autoreply.

Of course, but it felt good to call CA "a pack of dickheads".

It felt good to call them rapacious nest-feathering qunts, too. Not trademarked, either, in case you're wondering.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:28 am

So CA wants the dispute to go to Arbitration. Sounds like reps from the laughingly called Fair Work Australia will be called. I doubt the Bosses Court will come down with a player accepted arbitrated decision.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:00 pm

CA must know they can't win this in the COPO and are trying to buttfark the players legally.

I'd like to know how they think they can even do that.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Bradman wrote:CA must know they can't win this in the COPO and are trying to buttfark the players legally.

I'd like to know how they think they can even do that.

Not sure about that - if the international summer is rooted, I would blame the players first.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:13 pm

I admit I've been trying to keep a loose mental tabulation in my head and whilst surprised at some of the aggro levelled at the players had them well ahead on points at this stage.

Someone needs to lay out this whole process for the public. A potted version of Haig's columns going back to before last summer would show that CA have been gaming this since day one.

Though I think if push came to shove the players might be advised to take short term contracts (disgustingly obscene ones) for the summer on a without prejudice basis.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:39 pm

The problem is the public thought most of the players were overpaid greedy underperforming qunts before this dispute began

Any further evidence of this is jumped on ...

On the other side
Sutherland Howard and the NSP could cure cancer (or re-instate the back foot no ball rule) and we'd think they were qunts

qunts vs qunts in a qunt off ...only the public will lose
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26180
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Yeah. That may be CA's ace card.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Was wondering this morning whether we could have a reprise of the Aust team in the WSC days - maybe Punter could come out of retirement to lead it.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:15 pm

Simmo was a despised dubber former captain with stupid media opinions

Spoiler:
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26180
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:56 pm

embee wrote:The problem is the public thought most of the players were overpaid greedy underperforming qunts before this dispute began

Any further evidence of this is jumped on ...

On the other side
Sutherland Howard and the NSP could cure cancer (or re-instate the back foot no ball rule) and we'd think they were qunts  

qunts vs qunts in a qunt off ...only the public will lose

Sage.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next