Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

+12
Aditya
Chivalry Augustus
horace
PeterCS
lardbucket
taipan
Big Dog
Basil
Bradman
tricycle
JGK
skully
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert - Page 3 Empty Re: Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

Post by taipan Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:36

Interesting term.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert - Page 3 Empty Re: Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

Post by Chivalry Augustus Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:44

The argument of the moderate Muslim being equally distraught by these events is hypothetical, because we don't know that it's true. Certainly, there have been extensive surveys in the past suggesting that moderate Islam is far from a reasonable ideology:

https://www.andrewbostom.org/2012/10/sixty-percent-of-us-muslims-reject-freedom-of-expression/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4092/europe-islamic-fundamentalism
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/feb09/STARTII_Feb09_rpt.pdf
http://www.pewresearch.org/assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/14/opinion/main1893879.shtml&date=2011-04-06

The problem is that liberals have a fairytale perception of Islam. They haven't been to Islamic countries and seen how regressive they are. They somehow think that you can be pro-women and pro-LGBT and also be in favour of a misogynistic, homophobic hate group like Islam, as if you can just ram the two ideologies into one space and wait for them to assimilate. It doesn't work.

People describe you as a bigot for making this reasonable point, but we're seeing it in Europe every week, and it's getting worse. The immigrant population is growing, and they're having more kids than the native population. The employment rate of refugees is said to be as low as 7%, so we're seeing a growing population of degenerate, hateful Muslims who are destroying the welfare state by taking from it without contributing, destroying the fabric of the state by raping and murdering, and dismantling the communities by creating an atmosphere of hatred and fear.

Politicians in Europe need to wake up to this because we're nearing the breaking point.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:54

It is now being reported that seven innocent people have died and many of the forty-eight in hospital are critical.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:26

Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Qunt culture is incompatible with culture of any kind.

these people are qunts, they're no more compatible with Arabic or Persian or Turkish civilisation than with a western civilisation; in fact they cause more trouble within their own environment than in the Western Hemisphere.

You omitted to mention that it's only RADICAL Islamic ideology that is incompatible with any other way of life.

I don't think that is true. All Muslims are indoctrinated from birth to believe that theirs is the ONLY true belief & all others are Kafirs or Infidels and are therefore subservient & inferior. We don't see this attitude so much in Australia as Muslims are still only 3% of the population but it is very evident in western countries in Europe with large Muslim populations.

You don't think it's true, but in my opinion you've got this badly wrong, and your attitude is precisely the attitude that the terrorists wish to foster.

I'll let the death toll prove my point.

The death toll is heaviest in Muslim countries, so it doesn't even support your 'point', let alone prove it.

Moderate Muslims remain at vastly greater risk from radical Muslims than we 'Westerners' are.  It's a point you studiously refuse to acknowledge, every time you slander the vast majority of Muslims, the vast majority of whom will be just as upset and distressed by events in England overnight as we are.

....and yet the usual response from muslim leaders after these attacks is invariably a deathly silence. The point you make about so called moderate muslims may be valid in Muslim countries but my point was made specifically about the west. I remain suspicious about crocodile tears from muslims in the west after theses attacks, as to decry them would seem to go against the dictates of the Koran. I suggest you aquaint yourself with the term Taqiyya.

I suggest you acquaint yourself with a Muslim. Go on, there are plenty of them around, I've met hundreds, and I've seen first-hand their distress at both the evil done in their name by the "terrorists" (mostly scumbag attention-seeking drug-addled criminals who have a corrupted view of their religion) and, closer to home, the reactions of intolerant and - I'll say it - pathetically and wilfully ignorant individuals who are prepared to lump them in with those very individuals, because it's easy.

Last edited by lardbucket on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'their name', not 'heir name')

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:33

taipan wrote:Interesting term.

not really - another straw man propagated by the likes of Hanson

hate speech, 'Muslims lie' pretty well equivalent in accuracy and motivation to 'Jews steal'

When those pushing this idea to justify their hating argument are headed by Ben Carson and Pauline Hanson, you know there's a problem ... unless you're part of the problem.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:43

BD - christian folk in the US are responsible for the highest murder rate of all western countries. White supremacists still knock off African Americans.

Religion is a pox.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:44

it created the Donald...
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 04 Jun 2017, 12:56

Very sad when I've been incommunicado with the world out the back of Wisemans Ferry (no phone signal nor TV signal), and the first news I hear is of yet another terrorist attack in the UK. Very sad stuff.

My youngest has scored a job up in Essex so will be out of London for at least the next 5 years. Have to say I'm very pleased about it.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105845

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Sun 04 Jun 2017, 13:59

lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Qunt culture is incompatible with culture of any kind.

these people are qunts, they're no more compatible with Arabic or Persian or Turkish civilisation than with a western civilisation; in fact they cause more trouble within their own environment than in the Western Hemisphere.

You omitted to mention that it's only RADICAL Islamic ideology that is incompatible with any other way of life.

I don't think that is true. All Muslims are indoctrinated from birth to believe that theirs is the ONLY true belief & all others are Kafirs or Infidels and are therefore subservient & inferior. We don't see this attitude so much in Australia as Muslims are still only 3% of the population but it is very evident in western countries in Europe with large Muslim populations.

You don't think it's true, but in my opinion you've got this badly wrong, and your attitude is precisely the attitude that the terrorists wish to foster.

I'll let the death toll prove my point.

The death toll is heaviest in Muslim countries, so it doesn't even support your 'point', let alone prove it.

Moderate Muslims remain at vastly greater risk from radical Muslims than we 'Westerners' are.  It's a point you studiously refuse to acknowledge, every time you slander the vast majority of Muslims, the vast majority of whom will be just as upset and distressed by events in England overnight as we are.

....and yet the usual response from muslim leaders after these attacks is invariably a deathly silence. The point you make about so called moderate muslims may be valid in Muslim countries but my point was made specifically about the west. I remain suspicious about crocodile tears from muslims in the west after theses attacks, as to decry them would seem to go against the dictates of the Koran. I suggest you aquaint yourself with the term Taqiyya.

I suggest you acquaint yourself with a Muslim. Go on, there are plenty of them around, I've met hundreds, and I've seen first-hand their distress at both the evil done in their name by the "terrorists" (mostly scumbag attention-seeking drug-addled criminals who have a corrupted view of their religion) and, closer to home, the reactions of intolerant and - I'll say it - pathetically and wilfully ignorant individuals who are prepared to lump them in with those very individuals, because it's easy.

Because, naturally, Muslims are going to divest of their worst opinions to you or I. Honestly, your naivete is endearing but it is actually a more telling example of wilful ignorance than any opposing opinion.

I have visited - rather I should say that I have endured - states that are de facto Islamic states. Their law is Sharia, their police arrive sometimes in the form of religious police. They are without exception fascist states, full of misogyny and homophobia (although less of the latter because homosexuals are not stupid enough to be visibly homosexual in states where the punishment for their nature is death (which is all Islamic countries, basically)). Ultimately, you can only accept the whole as being representative of the nature of something. The tendency among liberals is to judge the one decent Muslim as being representative of the whole, as if their empirical experience is somehow the complete experience. But liberals should be equally weary of telling everybody else that their one experience is the correct one, it's naive and solipsistic.

I believe that Islam as a whole is a hate group. I believe that this can be proven by the sheer number of murders that are committed in the name of Islam. I believe it can be proven by the rapes, the way in which women are treated as property or as two-fifths of a man. I believe it can be proven by their treatment of homosexuals. I believe it can be proven by their religious intolerance, where other forms of worship are rarely, if at all, allowed to be practised in Islamic countries (you might find a token church in places like Abu Dhabi or Dubai, but otherwise, don't try and build a church in the Middle-East).

I also accept that I could be wrong. I also happen to think that Liberals would be onboard with my belief that Islam was a hate group, if this religion was one primarily practised by white men, instead of Middle-Eastern ones. Instead, they want to attack the alt-right and fight covert wars of politics, all the while ignoring the REAL problems that are evolving rapidly beneath the surface. We are bringing uneducated, intolerant, unemployable bigots into our countries at a rapid pace, and we are paying the price in the innocent lives of good people.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 04 Jun 2017, 15:41

I could have sworn there were Muslims in the UK before 2001.

Last edited by JGK on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 15:54; edited 1 time in total

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 04 Jun 2017, 15:46

exactly ... try 1910

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:02

Trump bizarrely tries to turn the London Bridge attacks into a pro-gun occasion (I think):

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump

Do you notice we are not having a gun debate right now? That's because they used knives and a truck!

9:43 PM - 4 Jun 2017
22,367 Retweets 69,316 likes

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:11

skully wrote:Very sad when I've been incommunicado with the world out the back of Wisemans Ferry (no phone signal nor TV signal), and the first news I hear is of yet another terrorist attack in the UK. Very sad stuff.

My youngest has scored a job up in Essex so will be out of London for at least the next 5 years. Have to say I'm very pleased about it.

From the SMH:

5 HOURS AGO | 8.25PM
Raids in London, Essex

The UK’s Telegraph reports that raids have been carried out in Barking, East London, and in Essex. Five people have reportedly been arrested in Barking. It is unclear at this stage if the raids are connected to the terror attack.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:24

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:Very sad when I've been incommunicado with the world out the back of Wisemans Ferry (no phone signal nor TV signal), and the first news I hear is of yet another terrorist attack in the UK. Very sad stuff.

From the SMH:

5 HOURS AGO | 8.25PM
Raids in London, Essex

The UK’s Telegraph reports that raids have been carried out in Barking, East London, and in Essex. Five people have reportedly been arrested in Barking. It is unclear at this stage if the raids are connected to the terror attack.

I heard 12. Apparently the neighbours recognized one of the killers.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 04 Jun 2017, 16:40

Barking mad qunts ...

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 05 Jun 2017, 00:31

JGK wrote:

From the SMH:

5 HOURS AGO | 8.25PM
Raids in London, Essex

Thanks, thanks very much!!!! Evil or Very Mad

She's gonna be in a little seaside town on the east coast. I'm reasonably sure any actual attacks will take place in the large metro centres, irrespective of where the terror cells do their planning.

Now get back to playing Google cricket.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 05 Jun 2017, 04:55

Which town?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 05 Jun 2017, 05:04

Clacton-on-sea - half hour east of Colchester.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 05 Jun 2017, 09:58

Labor compares ISIS terrorists to Brexit voters...Is this for real?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4570942/Alastair-Campbell-compares-ISIS-Brexit-supporting-media.html
This seems to be an idiotic act of Dhimmitude on their part when it looked like May was struggling in the polls.

Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Mon 05 Jun 2017, 10:22

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/reports-of-an-explosion-at-an-apartment-building-in-brighton-20170605-gwkw32.html

Terrorism links to siege in Brighton, Victoria.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 05 Jun 2017, 10:54

Big Dog wrote:Labor compares ISIS terrorists to Brexit voters...Is this for real?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4570942/Alastair-Campbell-compares-ISIS-Brexit-supporting-media.html
This seems to be an idiotic act of Dhimmitude on their part when it looked like May was struggling in the polls.

PMSL @ crazy Pom Pinko.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 05 Jun 2017, 10:56

Red wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/reports-of-an-explosion-at-an-apartment-building-in-brighton-20170605-gwkw32.html

Terrorism links to siege in Brighton, Victoria.

Deary me, the world is going to hell in a hand basket.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 06 Jun 2017, 03:15

JGK wrote:Trump bizarrely tries to turn the London Bridge attacks into a pro-gun occasion (I think):

Donald J. Trump  ✔@realDonaldTrump

Do you notice we are not having a gun debate right now? That's because they used knives and a truck!

9:43 PM - 4 Jun 2017
22,367 Retweets    69,316 likes

Like skulls largely incommunicado and actually emerged back into the world a few hours ago and am playing catch-up, but this crap from Trump was the first thought and fear had when I became aware of the attacks.

Interestingly I have noticed freshly erected bollards in a number of places around town. Which was weird but probably preferable to "rounding up the usual suspects".
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 06 Jun 2017, 11:48

http://www.theage.com.au/world/australian-nurse-kirsty-boden-killed-in-london-bridge-attack-family-confirms-20170606-gwlw4r.html

Terrible news for her family.

Another Aussie woman is still unaccounted for.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 06 Jun 2017, 12:18

Aw shit. RIP. Died helping others. Sad
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next