Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of the current Test skippers

2 posters

Go down

Best of the current Test skippers Empty Best of the current Test skippers

Post by horace Wed 23 Aug 2017, 05:56

Test cricket history is filled with some wonderful skippers. Even the Poms have one or two that we would all acknowledge.

I think most of us would agree Miserable did a wonderful job with the Stannies. With his retirement, there is something of a vacuum.

Of the current crew I think the Snoozie general shows the most upside in leadership and tactical acumen.

Smith, excellent bat that he is, does not come across as a leader or tactician. In the field he is Cook like in his lack of flexibility and tactical nouse. Faf looks the best of the rest but his form with the bat makes his position in the team an issue. E-Kholi has terrific talent at his disposal but is seemingly too volatile and all about me. Also panics in the field.

What do others think?
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42563
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Best of the current Test skippers Empty Re: Best of the current Test skippers

Post by skully Wed 23 Aug 2017, 06:50

I agree Kane Williamson seems the best marshaller at the moment. Hopefully Tweek grows more into the role.

Early days for Neph, Faf is a negative as Chef, Holder does his best to lead by example but struggles to keep his dope smoking charges' minds on the job, the Flange's has dropped with recent shitty Lankan efforts.

Who are the other captains?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105794
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down