South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by skully on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 05:00

Some more away humiliation awaits the little Bangers.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91943
Age : 106
Reputation : 200
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by skully on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 09:13

Not that anyone cares, but BD have won the toss and are batting.

Currently 0-10 after 2.3
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91943
Age : 106
Reputation : 200
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 12:11

4/221 with seven to go.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 12:22

Ton up for Rahim. The crowd is raucous in its support for the Bangers atm.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by taipan on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 16:35

Red wrote:Ton up for Rahim. The crowd is raucous in its support for the Bangers atm.

They weren't saying much by the end.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46341
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Big Dog on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 22:24

taipan wrote:
Red wrote:Ton up for Rahim. The crowd is raucous in its support for the Bangers atm.

They weren't saying much by the end.

*Snigger*
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 14002
Age : 27
Reputation : 78
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by skully on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 00:05

A none-fer chase down of 280 is useful.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91943
Age : 106
Reputation : 200
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by JGK on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 01:51

skully wrote:A none-fer chase down of 280 is useful.


Is that the highest ever?

JGK


Number of posts : 37676
Reputation : 122
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by skully on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 05:56

4 short of highest ever opening stand (Tharanga/Jayasuriya - 286 v Eng at Headingley in 2006), but highest ever to win by 10 wickets.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91943
Age : 106
Reputation : 200
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Mon 16 Oct 2017, 08:29

de Kock Banged the bowlers.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by taipan on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 10:23

So Red, was it a good idea for the Bangs to stick de Kock in?
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46341
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 12:15

Actually de kock was a little lame today by his standards but inserting de Villiers was not a good idea.

That is a rapid half ton from him. He is going nuts!

Actually stopping him from hitting six is good going.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 12:37

Talk about anti-climax, AB departs and Behardien ...
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by skully on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 13:19

This de Villiers chap, he looks like he may have a modicum of talent. Why is he not in the Test side??
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91943
Age : 106
Reputation : 200
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 08:49

skully wrote:This de Villiers chap, he looks like he may have a modicum of talent. Why is he not in the Test side??

He is put his name up for selection for the summer tests. Think Skully they may just give him the nod.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by taipan on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 09:19

Red wrote:
skully wrote:This de Villiers chap, he looks like he may have a modicum of talent. Why is he not in the Test side??

He is put his name up for selection for the summer tests. Think Skully they may just give him the nod.

Not that easy. If the team is set up the way it was for Bangladesh the obvious player to go is Bavuma, which ain't going to happen. The only other way to get him in is to go with 4 bowlers.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46341
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:07

taipan wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:This de Villiers chap, he looks like he may have a modicum of talent. Why is he not in the Test side??

He is put his name up for selection for the summer tests. Think Skully they may just give him the nod.

Not that easy. If the team is set up the way it was for Bangladesh the obvious player to go is Bavuma, which ain't going to happen. The only other way to get him in is to go with 4 bowlers.

But would they dare leave him out?

Guess with Faf as captain, there options are more limited. He would probably have made way for AB in order to retain Bavuma.

Alternatively Bavuma could open which he has offered to do according to some reports.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by taipan on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:15

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:This de Villiers chap, he looks like he may have a modicum of talent. Why is he not in the Test side??

He is put his name up for selection for the summer tests. Think Skully they may just give him the nod.

Not that easy. If the team is set up the way it was for Bangladesh the obvious player to go is Bavuma, which ain't going to happen. The only other way to get him in is to go with 4 bowlers.

But would they dare leave him out?

Guess with Faf as captain, there options are more limited. He would probably have made way for AB in order to retain Bavuma.

Alternatively Bavuma could open which he has offered to do according to some reports.

Apart from the fact that Bavuma is not an opener, and we have unearthed a potentially good opener, it would be a wonderful idea.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46341
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 13:03

taipan wrote:
Red wrote:
taipan wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:This de Villiers chap, he looks like he may have a modicum of talent. Why is he not in the Test side??

He is put his name up for selection for the summer tests. Think Skully they may just give him the nod.

Not that easy. If the team is set up the way it was for Bangladesh the obvious player to go is Bavuma, which ain't going to happen. The only other way to get him in is to go with 4 bowlers.

But would they dare leave him out?

Guess with Faf as captain, there options are more limited. He would probably have made way for AB in order to retain Bavuma.

Alternatively Bavuma could open which he has offered to do according to some reports.

Apart from the fact that Bavuma is not an opener, and we have unearthed a potentially good opener, it would be a wonderful idea.

We all know that but odd decisions have to be made to accommodate odd policies.

Looks like Mulder will debut in East London.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by taipan on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 19:49

The fact that Markram has been moved into open in the next ODI sort of kicks that idea on its head.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46341
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by taipan on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:01

Markram must be getting passed off by being run out on debut. Could have had debut tons in both main formats.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46341
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Red on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 12:59

taipan wrote:Markram must be getting passed off by being run out on debut. Could have had debut tons in both main formats.

Ha, I noticed that; lightning struck twice. Actually SA lost their way a bit after a brisk start. After Faf became lame, there was a bit of a collapse, but Behardien and Rabada hit well in the last few over. The latter's shot-making was impressive.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15031
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by skully on Sun 22 Oct 2017, 23:42

What a lame effort by the Bangers. Rolling Eyes

Having said that, well done to the SAffers in unearthing some new talent. Pity Aus can't do the same.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91943
Age : 106
Reputation : 200
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by JGK on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 04:17

What's the biggest ODI total without a ton?

JGK


Number of posts : 37676
Reputation : 122
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by skully on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 06:17

JGK wrote:What's the biggest ODI total without a ton?

6-392 by SAf v Pak at Centurion in 2007.

Scorecard
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91943
Age : 106
Reputation : 200
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: South Africa v Bangladesh, 3xODIs + 2xT20s, 15-29 October, 2017

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum