Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 23:48

JGK wrote:62/38 for the good guys.

Weird results.   On the 17 electorates that voted no, most were ALP heartland in western Sydney including the seats for ALP front benchers like Bowen, Husic, Burke and Clare.

Whereas my electorate - with a certain Tony Abbott as our local member - was 75% "yes".

Damn fat fingers and booze. I meant to say 38 62
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13116
Reputation : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by lardbucket on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 23:52

Has the sky fallen in anywhere?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9- 400 - 4

lardbucket


Number of posts : 32054
Reputation : 155
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by JGK on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 23:58

lardbucket wrote:Has the sky fallen in anywhere?


There's lot of rainbows around.

JGK


Number of posts : 37581
Reputation : 122
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by skully on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 01:40

I thought it might be a bigger margin than that. Oh well, clear and overwhelming majority for the right to live your life how you want.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91646
Age : 106
Reputation : 199
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by embee on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 04:55

Why don't Blaxland pooves want to get married?
avatar
embee


Number of posts : 23344
Age : 50
Reputation : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by JGK on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 04:59

embee wrote:Why don't Blaxland pooves want to get married?


They've all been thrown off buildings by the local towel heads.

JGK


Number of posts : 37581
Reputation : 122
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Big Dog on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:06

JGK wrote:
embee wrote:Why don't Blaxland pooves want to get married?


They've all been thrown off buildings by the local towel heads.

Laughing
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 13896
Age : 27
Reputation : 77
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by skully on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:07

JGK wrote:
embee wrote:Why don't Blaxland pooves want to get married?


They've all been thrown off buildings by the local towel heads.

Succinctly put. Cool

Blaxland has a very heavy Musi population.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91646
Age : 106
Reputation : 199
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:23

When Mr 15 minutes was reading out the no electorates I wasn't surprised. Are we racist skulls?
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13116
Reputation : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by JGK on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:25

And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election. Seems pretty harsh.

Opens the way for Jim Moylan to get into the Senate now.

JGK


Number of posts : 37581
Reputation : 122
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by skully on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:26

Bradman wrote:When Mr 15 minutes was reading out the no electorates I wasn't surprised.  Are we racist skulls?

I prefer "Realists".


Last edited by skully on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:30; edited 1 time in total
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91646
Age : 106
Reputation : 199
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by skully on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:28

JGK wrote:And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election.  Seems pretty harsh.

Opens the way for Jim Moylan to get into the Senate now.

I agree. The HC judges are showing no leeway or commonsense, merely applying the letter of the Constitution. Hughes missed out. So she wasn't allowed to get a job (well, a govt job)? She wasn't to know that she'd get a late call up. Very harsh.

And I think you mean Jim Molan - Erin's Dad. He'll be a sound addition to Lib ranks in the Senate.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91646
Age : 106
Reputation : 199
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:30

JGK wrote:And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election.  Seems pretty harsh.

Opens the way for Jim Moylan to get into the Senate now.

Just been watching an African army officer say nothing to see here. This day just keeps getting better
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13116
Reputation : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by taipan on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:44

Bradman wrote:
JGK wrote:And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election.  Seems pretty harsh.

Opens the way for Jim Moylan to get into the Senate now.

Just been watching an African army officer say nothing to see here.  This day just keeps getting better

Where is the African army based, or do they all look the same to you?
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46270
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by JGK on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:52

skully wrote:
JGK wrote:And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election.  Seems pretty harsh.

Opens the way for Jim Moylan to get into the Senate now.

I agree. The HC judges are showing no leeway or commonsense, merely applying the letter of the Constitution. Hughes missed out. So she wasn't allowed to get a job (well, a govt job)? She wasn't to know that she'd get a late call up. Very harsh.

And I think you mean Jim Molan - Erin's Dad. He'll be a sound addition to Lib ranks in the Senate.


She might have been unlucky in that she was still employed by the AAT when the HC announced it's verdict (ie the moment Nash was gone).    So a very technical breach. And the timing of the breach might mean that Molan isn't guaranteed as it is more of a casual vacancy.

And yes, Molan.   He's a 2GB favourite.   Hadley will be boning up.

JGK


Number of posts : 37581
Reputation : 122
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by skully on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:10

I see (or rather hear) your bro has been getting some more GB airtime lately. He goes OK.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 91646
Age : 106
Reputation : 199
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:14

taipan wrote:
Bradman wrote:
JGK wrote:And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election.  Seems pretty harsh.

Opens the way for Jim Moylan to get into the Senate now.

Just been watching an African army officer say nothing to see here.  This day just keeps getting better

Where is the African army based, or do they all look the same to you?

I used the word "African" because I didn't want to say black. But yeah "African" generals addressing the nation to say nothing to see here do all look the same. Doesn't matter if they're name is Sankara or Botha. It all means duck and cover.
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13116
Reputation : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by taipan on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:25

Bradman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Bradman wrote:
JGK wrote:And now Fiona Nash's replacement Hollie Hughes has been kicked out by the High Court because she took an AAT role AFTER the election.  Seems pretty harsh.

Opens the way for Jim Moylan to get into the Senate now.

Just been watching an African army officer say nothing to see here.  This day just keeps getting better

Where is the African army based, or do they all look the same to you?

I used the word "African" because I didn't want to say black.  But yeah "African" generals addressing the nation to say nothing to see here do all look the same.  Doesn't matter if they're name is Sankara or Botha.  It all means duck and cover.

So we are talking The Zimbabwe army?
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46270
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:43

Its Africa. Captains and majors and on a couple of ocassions flight lieutenants organise coups and people dressed in combat cammo with a rank thats surely got to be a joke denounce them.

If it's happening Rhodesia can't be any worse off.
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13116
Reputation : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by taipan on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 06:47

Bradman wrote:Its Africa.  Captains and majors and on a couple of ocassions flight lieutenants organise coups and people dressed in combat cammo with a rank thats surely got to be a joke denounce them.

If it's happening Rhodesia can't be any worse off.

Word. I hear Northern Rhodesia is also getting better.
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46270
Age : 116
Reputation : 118
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Fred Nerk on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:27

skully wrote:
Bradman wrote:When Mr 15 minutes was reading out the no electorates I wasn't surprised.  Are we racist skulls?

I prefer "Realists".

Realistically I think Rick Wakeman and company would do well not to pop the cork on the champagne yet because it'll still be pretty damn warm and pretty damn flat by the time they get to drink it.....possible bases for Disputed Returns to stick their oar in are already being canvassed. Mal may have been uncharacteristically shrewd not specifying exactly which Christmas SSM would be 'law' by.

(All the same, 62% yes of 80% participation is pretty close to 50% of the 'electorate' even if we assume that every non-'voter' if locked in the cellar until giving an opinion would eventually have gasped 'no')

Fred Nerk


Number of posts : 6812
Reputation : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Bradman on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:30

The bits north of Rhodesia are slowly getting better. Trance apparently had a revolution.
avatar
Bradman


Number of posts : 13116
Reputation : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by horace on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:42

JGK wrote:62/38 for the good guys.

Weird results. On the 17 electorates that voted no, most were ALP heartland in western Sydney including the seats for ALP front benchers like Bowen, Husic, Burke and Clare.

Whereas my electorate - with a certain Tony Abbott as our local member - was 75% "yes".

Lol....how out of touch is the MM? The ABC ran some interviews with local Tories, two of whom suggested they needed a local Tory more in touch with locals.
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 34646
Age : 108
Reputation : 66
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by horace on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:47

Erics Anazi continues to flog his antediluvian views on religious freedom. In essence he seems to give primacy to those who would like to stoke the big furnace.
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 34646
Age : 108
Reputation : 66
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Big Dog on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 07:53

horace wrote:Erics Anazi continues to flog his antediluvian views on religious freedom. In essence he seems to give primacy to those who would like to stoke the big furnace.

Just as well we are not living in your leftist dictatorship & still have (for the time being) some ability to express religious views if you have them.
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 13896
Age : 27
Reputation : 77
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum