Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Blackadder on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Hmm what chance Koo being fit?
As long as Agar doesn't make the XI. aces

Blackadder



Number of posts : 3215
Age : 42
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by skully on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:05 pm

I'd keep Koo on ice so as not to rebruise that heel.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 92592
Age : 106
Reputation : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Big Dog on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Blackadder wrote:Hmm what chance Koo being fit?
As long as Agar doesn't make the XI. aces

Selectors still (wrongly) think Sydney is a bunsen so i'm predicting they will go with Jelly at the expense of Tweet. A bit tough on Tweet if it happens. His figures were not great but it was his first test in twelve months and on that road he was always going to struggle.
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 14127
Age : 27
Reputation : 78
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by lardbucket on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 pm

... second thread on this topic?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9- 400 - 4

lardbucket


Number of posts : 32456
Reputation : 155
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by lardbucket on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:30 pm

no cricket for nearly a week

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9- 400 - 4

lardbucket


Number of posts : 32456
Reputation : 155
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Nath on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:35 pm

quoting from the other thread in case of deletion/merge:
Big Dog wrote:
Blackadder wrote:Hmm what chance Koo being fit?
As long as Agar doesn't make the XI. aces

Selectors still (wrongly) think Sydney is a bunsen so i'm predicting they will go with Jelly at the expense of Tweet. A bit tough on Tweet if it happens. His figures were not great but it was his first test in twelve months and on that road he was always going to struggle.

we have zero Shield games to use as a guide this season.
avatar
Nath


Number of posts : 9922
Age : 38
Reputation : 41
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by JGK on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:46 pm

lardbucket wrote:no cricket for nearly a week


Stoopid CA qunts who moved the SCG test to the 4th. A decade ago it started on the 2nd.

JGK


Number of posts : 37892
Reputation : 123
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Blackadder on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:22 pm

JGK wrote:
lardbucket wrote:no cricket for nearly a week


Stoopid CA qunts who moved the SCG test to the 4th. †A decade ago it started on the 2nd.

Aye, have the 3rd off work so was thinking I would be set for Day 2, now I have to wait until Day 4..FFS

Blackadder



Number of posts : 3215
Age : 42
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by beamer on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:43 pm

skully wrote:Hopefully Aus takes the same XI into Sydney.

I'd reckon England will give Mason Crane a go.
If they donít there was really no point in taking him.

Moeen Ali could have played his last Test for a while, although in the absence of him and Stokes thereís a real problem with the balance of the side. We would have to play Ballance or Foakes and leave out a seamer as well.

beamer


Number of posts : 10228
Reputation : 52
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by horace on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:11 am

So four Worriers, a Billy, prolly four Spivs and aptly two twosies. This does not bode well.
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 35267
Age : 108
Reputation : 66
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by skully on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:40 am

No Vomits!!!!

snoopy-dance
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 92592
Age : 106
Reputation : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by lardbucket on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:18 am

'When WA cricket is strong, Australian cricket is strong'.

in the 5th Test of the 1972 Ashes series, won by Australia, there were 6 Wozzies ... and no Dubbers. I think that may have been the first time we were Dubber-free, and I'm not sure it has happened again. Clever stats people?

Watson (WA)
Stackpole (VIC)
Chappell I (SA)
Chappell G (SA)
Sheahan (VIC)
Edwards (WA)
Marsh (WA)
Inverarity (WA)
Lillee (WA)
Massie (WA)
Mallett (SA)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2gpyo6wRyk


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9- 400 - 4

lardbucket


Number of posts : 32456
Reputation : 155
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Blackadder on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:30 am

skully wrote:No Vomits!!!!

snoopy-dance

cheers aces Mexican wave

Blackadder



Number of posts : 3215
Age : 42
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Nath on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Blackadder wrote:
skully wrote:No Vomits!!!!

snoopy-dance

cheers aces Mexican wave

hrumph!

avatar
Nath


Number of posts : 9922
Age : 38
Reputation : 41
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by skully on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:28 pm

You know the Forum rules, Nath:

"No Victorian shall be selected in the Aus Test side unless named Warne".
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 92592
Age : 106
Reputation : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by lardbucket on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Handscomb is still in the squad, isn't he?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9- 400 - 4

lardbucket


Number of posts : 32456
Reputation : 155
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by skully on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:34 pm

Who?
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 92592
Age : 106
Reputation : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by taipan on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:35 pm

lardbucket wrote:'When WA cricket is strong, Australian cricket is strong'.

in the 5th Test of the 1972 Ashes series, won by Australia, there were 6 Wozzies ... and no Dubbers. †I think that may have been the first time we were Dubber-free, and I'm not sure it has happened again. Clever stats people?

Watson (WA)
Stackpole (VIC)
Chappell I (SA)
Chappell G (SA)
Sheahan (VIC)
Edwards (WA)
Marsh (WA)
Inverarity (WA)
Lillee (WA)
Massie (WA)
Mallett (SA)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2gpyo6wRyk


No Doug Walters?
avatar
taipan


Number of posts : 46584
Age : 117
Reputation : 119
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Red on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

taipan wrote:
lardbucket wrote:'When WA cricket is strong, Australian cricket is strong'.

in the 5th Test of the 1972 Ashes series, won by Australia, there were 6 Wozzies ... and no Dubbers. †I think that may have been the first time we were Dubber-free, and I'm not sure it has happened again. Clever stats people?

Watson (WA)
Stackpole (VIC)
Chappell I (SA)
Chappell G (SA)
Sheahan (VIC)
Edwards (WA)
Marsh (WA)
Inverarity (WA)
Lillee (WA)
Massie (WA)
Mallett (SA)




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2gpyo6wRyk


No Doug Walters?

He had a crap record in England.
avatar
Red


Number of posts : 15254
Reputation : 13
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Fred Nerk on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:58 pm

Not just a crap record - a Bay City Rollers de-luxe boxed set. Amazingly that was the only Test he missed in four tours of England....and in his first Test there he scored 80 plus in both innings, and he top-scored for the team in the innings after that.

Fred Nerk


Number of posts : 6915
Reputation : 33
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by lardbucket on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:09 pm

Red wrote:
taipan wrote:
lardbucket wrote:'When WA cricket is strong, Australian cricket is strong'.

in the 5th Test of the 1972 Ashes series, won by Australia, there were 6 Wozzies ... and no Dubbers. †I think that may have been the first time we were Dubber-free, and I'm not sure it has happened again. Clever stats people?

Watson (WA)
Stackpole (VIC)
Chappell I (SA)
Chappell G (SA)
Sheahan (VIC)
Edwards (WA)
Marsh (WA)
Inverarity (WA)
Lillee (WA)
Massie (WA)
Mallett (SA)




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2gpyo6wRyk


No Doug Walters?

He had a crap record in England.

and was dropped for that game

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9- 400 - 4

lardbucket


Number of posts : 32456
Reputation : 155
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by skully on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:12 pm

I remember being gutted when Dougie hit a catch to Greigy on 88 in this Test.

Little did I know that the tour was in turmoil due to the Packer negotiations in the background.
avatar
skully


Number of posts : 92592
Age : 106
Reputation : 202
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Basil on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:32 pm

beamer wrote:
skully wrote:Hopefully Aus takes the same XI into Sydney.

I'd reckon England will give Mason Crane a go.
If they donít there was really no point in taking him.

Moeen Ali could have played his last Test for a while, although in the absence of him and Stokes thereís a real problem with the balance of the side. We would have to play Ballance or Foakes and leave out a seamer as well.
T
If the Aussie batsmen take a shine to Crane, that leaves us with these seamers to do the heavy lifting. Even if Mo misses out, I think he will be back in the side come the first test against NZ.
avatar
Basil


Number of posts : 15055
Age : 58
Reputation : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Big Dog on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:59 pm

test
avatar
Big Dog


Number of posts : 14127
Age : 27
Reputation : 78
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

View user profile http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by horace on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:22 pm

The bnlg aside, few would claim WA long form cricket is strong. The four in the squad do not have good Test records. Presumably Agar was selected for his batting ahead of Holland and for his sobriety ahead of sok .
avatar
horace


Number of posts : 35267
Age : 108
Reputation : 66
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australia v England, 5th Test, Sydney, 4-8 January, 2018

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum