Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian ball tampering headlines.

+28
krikri
ojitarian
MoH
Paul Keating
WideWally
PeterCS
furriner
beamer
taipan
Fred Nerk
tricycle
Aditya
OP Tipping
Growler
Dello
Basil
Nath
JGK
Bradman
embee
Red
Big Dog
horace
lardbucket
skully
Henry
Blackadder
whitburn
32 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 31 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by Big Dog Thu 05 Apr 2018, 23:10

furriner wrote:
embee wrote:Kyle and Jackie O have defended their phuckwit "Intern Pete" who made a goose of himself at the Steve Smith press conference 

Fred Nerk wrote:The Kyles of this world should be collectively called the R Bend - because they're only one link on the food chain above the S Bend.

Fork the teams, I think they should start with sanctioning every Aussie forumer for talking a language of their own.  Apart from providing each with their personal translator.

Don't worry Furri. I don't understand half this stuff either.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 31 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by Lindsay no.2 Fri 06 Apr 2018, 17:35

Growler wrote:And on that note embee, I'm going to put my head over the parapet here and argue a point for David Warner, at the risk of incurring the wrath of Australian friends on this forum.

This became so much more than ball tampering the moment Bancroft deceived the umpires when challenged. That started the fire, so to speak - and at the following press conference, Smith and Bancroft threw petrol on it with the nonsense about sticky tape.

The sanctions are not for ball tampering - they're for lying to the umpires, the press, the cricketing public in general ... and turning Australian cricket into a three-ring circus.

Here's the difficulty - Smith & Bancroft are on camera for the world to see. Warner is not, and (distasteful as this is) I've not seen, or heard any evidence of him telling lies about the situation. On that basis alone he has an argument about the fairness of the sanctions.

Yes, he is an unpleasant individual of the highest order. As their attack dog, the powers that be had chances enough to keep him on a shorter leash and spectacularly failed to do so. Now, from 10,000 miles away - it does look like CA have taken this opportunity to put as much blame onto him as they can. Anger towards, and dislike of the bloke to one side, he's being seen as disposable (which may be true in itself) - but is it justice ?

I have to say I'm not 100% convinced.

Perhaps CA have taken into consideration that Warner was the instigator and therefore main abuser of his position as VC. I believe it has been publicly admitted that DW was the one who suggested doctoring the ball. So imagine the scenario as Cameron Bancroft.

Your opening partner, who also happens to be VC, one of the most experienced test players in the team and a very strong and intimidating character - approaches you about this. Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters aren't going to be much help to you.

1. Decline to play a part - kiss goodbye to your nascent Aus career and make your way back to the relative backwaters of Shield and Big Bash. Oh yeah - wave goodbye to the pots of gold on your way out the door too.

2. Accept (who knows whether it was willingly or under suffrance, taking point 1 into account) and hope to get away with it.

How many of us are plumping for option 1 in that scenario. I'd like to think I would - but in reality as a callow 20 something would I have? Not so sure.

So if I'm CA then I'm kicking DW hard for conjuring up this plan and effectively bullying a junior into being the fall guy. That's something I'd want to come down hard on for the sake of the future of any Oz team culture. The newbies coming in need to know they're not going to be squeezed to do dubious shit by the senior pros.

Lindsay no.2

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 07 Apr 2018, 01:05

Interesting points raised by Growler and LN2.

I do not consider Warner is the victim of an injustice. He admitted his role but also declined to comment at his presser when asked whether he had previously engaged in ball tampering. Equally I do not see there is much of a case for Bancroft. Yes Warner was vc and a senior, however by his own account he offered to do the deed. Yes he may have been currying favour, but it is a long bow to suggest he was bullied or intimidated.

I think they both got a fair punishment, though Warner could have got longer based on his record.

The three did the right thing by not appealing. Seasick Steve will play Tests and Bangers may if he finds form or the bnlg is made coach. I would be stunned if Warner ever plays again in Tests or Shield cricket. He might play in the Babel, but suspect the local crowds will really get stuck into him.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42563
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sat 07 Apr 2018, 02:28

GCS wont play Tests again ...will play odi t20I shield  odd and babel 

Does his leadership ban extend to Dubber teams?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26169
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sat 07 Apr 2018, 03:26

I think so. It's all representative teams.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 07 Apr 2018, 05:22

embee wrote:GCS wont play Tests again ...will play odi t20I shield  odd and babel 

Does his leadership ban extend to Dubber teams?

I believe so.

Besides the Spivs have the irreplaceable Reeks FFS
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 07 Apr 2018, 09:45

Leadership transfers from Moses to David have been known to be problematic before.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8790
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 07 Apr 2018, 13:12

Looks like CC rules might prevent any of the Aussies from playing in England this year.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17064
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sat 07 Apr 2018, 16:59

Big Dog wrote:
furriner wrote:
embee wrote:Kyle and Jackie O have defended their phuckwit "Intern Pete" who made a goose of himself at the Steve Smith press conference 

Fred Nerk wrote:The Kyles of this world should be collectively called the R Bend - because they're only one link on the food chain above the S Bend.

Fork the teams, I think they should start with sanctioning every Aussie forumer for talking a language of their own.  Apart from providing each with their personal translator.

Don't worry Furri. I don't understand half this stuff either.

Thank f*ck, Dog Man..

I thought I was the goggle eyed idiot trying to work his slack tongue around (only to me) incomprehensible terms.

Although I still may be that.

But thank f*ck I'm not alone.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sat 07 Apr 2018, 17:04

Lindsay no.2 wrote:....................

Perhaps CA have taken into consideration that Warner was the instigator and therefore main abuser of his position as VC. I believe it has been publicly admitted that DW was the one who suggested doctoring the ball. So imagine the scenario as Cameron Bancroft.

Your opening partner, who also happens to be VC, one of the most experienced test players in the team and a very strong and intimidating character - approaches you about this. Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters aren't going to be much help to you.

1. Decline to play a part - kiss goodbye to your nascent Aus career and make your way back to the relative backwaters of Shield and Big Bash. Oh yeah - wave goodbye to the pots of gold on your way out the door too.

Are you telling me that a guy who refuses to cheat would have bis career destroyed by the Aussie cricket 'system'?

I find that hard to believe frankly, even though I'd love to believe it, for no other reasons than I'd like some more shenanigans.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 07 Apr 2018, 22:14

Now now Furri. As Supreme Leader of Furri Enterprises franchise " Effigies are Us" we look to you to provide a modicum of sense (and of course, combustibles) in these otherwise dark times.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sat 07 Apr 2018, 23:49

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/michael-clarke-retirement-comeback-cricket-australia-ball-tampering/2018-04-08

we've saved!

Evil or Very Mad
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11940

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 08 Apr 2018, 03:08

Agree with The Offsiders discussion this morning where they opined that it's a very flawed review when management already declares it's safe. In the opinion of the panellists, it is those at the top who have to share the blame for our cricketing culture.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sun 08 Apr 2018, 03:46

But it's an independent review.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun 08 Apr 2018, 06:59

Bradman wrote:But it's an independent review.

the ol' boys club independent review
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 08 Apr 2018, 07:07

Farce.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 18 Apr 2018, 07:15

I heard an excerpt of an interview with Reeks FFS, where he ran a defence of Warner's involvement. He was only motivated by team success, not personal gain. As if team success does not translate into monetary benefit.

Shirley the Spiv CA, needs to have a hard look at this bloke's State contract. They should anyway given what a rubbish player he has been. Maybe it is time for the Spivs to do some house cleaning. Cowan has diagnosed the pox that was Spiv cricket before he moved to Tas (iirc, the serbo-chokarian was skipper then). If I was Spiv CA, I'd beg Cowan to review the team's performance and how it operates.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 18 Apr 2018, 07:48

Holy Moises and the Reverend....God help us!!

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 01 May 2018, 07:34

Former Test players Shane Watson and George Bailey will join current national leaders Tim Paine and Rachael Haynes on a panel appointed to draft a charter of behaviour to which Australia's men's teams will adhere in the wake of the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal.The Aust coach (when appointed) will also be on it.

Watto on a review committee? Some jokes just write themselves.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 01 May 2018, 08:06

Maybe they should have appointed some kid's coaches. Ex players. You've got to be shitting me
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 01 May 2018, 08:21

Will Watson do his homework on this?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 01 May 2018, 11:33

Big Dog wrote:Former Test players Shane Watson and George Bailey will join current national leaders Tim Paine and Rachael Haynes on a panel appointed to draft a charter of behaviour to which Australia's men's teams will adhere in the wake of the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal.The Aust coach (when appointed) will also be on it.

Too right - when has he ever got a review right?

BTW, Stutterland was interviewed this morning and when asked if felt CA had not given Steve Smith enough support, he replied that that thought had never crossed his mind.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Tue 01 May 2018, 11:40

b/c Sutherland is always right.
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 01 May 2018, 13:17

Red wrote:
Big Dog wrote:Former Test players Shane Watson and George Bailey will join current national leaders Tim Paine and Rachael Haynes on a panel appointed to draft a charter of behaviour to which Australia's men's teams will adhere in the wake of the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal.The Aust coach (when appointed) will also be on it.

Too right - when has he ever got a review right?

BTW, Stutterland was interviewed this morning and when asked if felt CA had not given Steve Smith enough support, he replied that that thought had never crossed his mind.

A wee bit of Red gold right there. Laughing
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105795

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 01 May 2018, 13:22

Slitherland couldn't have been any less enlightening in the Whateley interview if he'd tried.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next