Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

+14
Aditya
Fred Nerk
OP Tipping
Fromage
beamer
Blackadder
WideWally
Bradman
Red
taipan
JGK
embee
Big Dog
horace
18 posters

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV) - Page 28 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

Post by Bradman Fri May 31, 2019 4:31 pm

skully wrote:
Bradman wrote:Sky might be funny but it doesn't rate.  I mean really rate.  They put Credlin on at 6.00 so Bolt doesn't have to be embarrassed by Peppa Pig, and only has the battle saun the sheep and reruns of spicks and specks.

Do what I do, Q. I can't stand the left bias of Aunty, so I no longer watch it.

Feel free to do the same with Sky.

Rupes money etc. I was merely pointing out that the particular shots at Sky are a waste of time. I doubt their pumped up election period ratings had much of an influence.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV) - Page 28 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

Post by horace Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:34 am

Dutton is in a celebratory mood. Two raids on journos in two days. Guess he has grown an au paire
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:49 am

Ha!! Nice line, h. Very Happy
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105843
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 am

I see PM Happy Clapper and Minister for Indigenous Affairs Uncle Tom Wyatt have announced some sort of process leading to a referendum on Constitutional change and recognition of First Nation peoples.

Sadly I think whatever the proposed Referendum question is will go down in flames, no matter how wishy washy the proposal may be. Thirty years ago I think there may have been a greater possibility of a Constitutional change referendum being successful. Not now.

I suspect some on the religious right would like a Referendum on obtaining the powers to impose their views on others.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:18 am

Just legislate something simple to start with, it's not like we put a great store in our constitution if it becomes inconvenient. Why muddy the issues.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:03 pm

When Donny takes a pi55, Australia raises its skirts and reaches for an umbrella.

Seems we are itching to give the irksome Iranians what for.

link
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:47 am

Pell goes down 2-1. Shame about a written dissenting opinion.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 am

Huzzah!!
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:19 am

Bradman wrote:Pell goes down 2-1.  Shame about a written dissenting opinion.

Pretty amazed really. Marr, among other respected commentators suggested he would win at the very conservative Court of Appeal and then lose when the DPP took it to the High Court. Without looking at the judgements, no doubt Pellvert's lawyers are looking at scope for an appeal to the High Court. History suggests that is unlikely to be successful.

One curiosity is the relatively light tariff he received and whether the DPP considered an Appeal on the length of the sentence.

As for Pellvert he can resume his friendship and prayer sessions with Ridsdale and other creeps.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 am

Well they did have to drag a judge out of retirement to get the dissent.  A lawyer I lost money to on the sentencing (a practicing criminal barrister, possibly one of the dumber things I've done) asked about doubling down on the appeal.  He thought the pasting the criminal justice system got on you know where would influence their opinion, and now Bolt is doubling down on the court of appeal.

He also thought to much weight was put on the influence of the part timer as the Commonwealth DPP doesn't have much to do with garden variety criminal law.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:27 am

So Bolt has come out swinging? I guess Devine will box on as well as the Fox crew.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:13 am

horace wrote:
Bradman wrote:Pell goes down 2-1.  Shame about a written dissenting opinion.

Pretty amazed really. Marr, among other respected commentators suggested he would win at the very conservative Court of Appeal and then lose when the DPP took it to the High Court. Without looking at the judgements, no doubt Pellvert's lawyers are looking at scope for an appeal to the High Court. History suggests that is unlikely to be successful.

One curiosity is the relatively light tariff he received and whether the DPP considered an Appeal on the length of the sentence.

As for Pellvert he can resume his friendship and prayer sessions with Ridsdale and other creeps.

Confirmed.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:53 pm

No fan of Pell but the outcome feels wrong. That said, I’ve not seen any of the evidence first hand.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:45 pm

JGK wrote:No fan of Pell but the outcome feels wrong. That said, I’ve not seen any of the evidence first hand.

Well you're not alone. Twas the right outcome just a particularly awkward way to get there.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:05 am

Here is a short article about rising levels of food insecurity in Oz. What a lucky country we are for some.

folks going hungry

Meanwhile aside from rich folk and corporate welfare, the brown shirt govt draws a clear distinction in its treatment of welfare for unemployed/disabled/pensioners Twisted Evil and aid to its farmer friends which is not welfare.

No doubt climate change has made some farms unviable. Poor land management and tree clearing may in itself be a contributor to the position of many. Sins of the fathers etc.

People should be encouraged to walk off their failed farms and get real productive jobs that add to the economy.

Time to to stop all aid that subsidises the lifestyle choices of rural folk. As far as I am concerned they can queue like other Australians and not have special Centrelink hotlines that mean they don'y have to stay on the phone for hours.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:25 am

horrie echoes Barnaby Joyce (link)

“We’ve got to support you in the drought, but if your place is just not viable, $36,000 just isn’t going to make a difference and people have to answer their own question in their own mind if this is the job in their life for them,” he told Sky News. “We don’t want to keep people in potential poverty.

“People who have not made a profit in the last 10 years really need to seriously think, what are you doing with your life? What are you doing on the land?”

What a farken weird world
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26180
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:33 pm

embee wrote:horrie echoes Barnaby Joyce (link)

“We’ve got to support you in the drought, but if your place is just not viable, $36,000 just isn’t going to make a difference and people have to answer their own question in their own mind if this is the job in their life for them,” he told Sky News. “We don’t want to keep people in potential poverty.

“People who have not made a profit in the last 10 years really need to seriously think, what are you doing with your life? What are you doing on the land?”

What a farken weird world

And the ALP follow up:

Opposition agriculture spokesman Joel Fitzgibbon said kicking people off the payment during the drought was “the greatest act of bastardry from a government in the history of federation”.

Weird world indeed. Especially when Barnaby actually gets something right.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:00 am

Has anyone seen Barnaby and horrie in the same room at the same time?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:50 am

lardbucket wrote:Has anyone seen Barnaby and horrie in the same room at the same time?

Mrs Horrie?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:23 pm

horace wrote:Here is a short article about rising levels of food insecurity in Oz. What a lucky country we are for some.

folks going hungry

Meanwhile aside from rich folk and corporate welfare, the brown shirt govt draws a clear distinction in its treatment of welfare for unemployed/disabled/pensioners  Twisted Evil and aid to its farmer friends which is not welfare.

No doubt climate change has made some farms unviable. Poor land management and tree clearing may in itself be a contributor to the position of many. Sins of the fathers etc.

People should be encouraged to walk off their failed farms and get real productive jobs that add to the economy.

Time to to stop all aid that subsidises the lifestyle choices of rural folk. As far as I am concerned they can queue like other Australians and not have special Centrelink hotlines that mean they don'y have to stay on the phone for hours.

Well you got the land management bit right.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:40 pm

JGK wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Has anyone seen Barnaby and horrie in the same room at the same time?

Mrs Horrie?

Barnaby in drag. I'll take a month to process that thought.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:49 am

Lol. The Fascist Religious maniacs running the country are providing lots of fun. Pope Kelly deriding a senior UK Meteorologist as a weather girl has snorfle worthy.

The Sports Rorts affair continues to provide much mirth at the crass pork barreling of the Hillsong-Murdoch Coalition Govt.

Today's latest instalment made me laugh. It details $0.5M going to a Rugby Club in a marginal SA seat for new change rooms for their women players.

Yep sounds ok until you learn the Club has no womens' team. Its previous women's team resigned en masse in 2018 because of a disagreement with the Club.

link

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:04 am

Bushfires seems to have kept the crazys away when it comes to certain date thiis weekend. Just Sky trying to stir the pot about the official ad. Still two days to go.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 am

I'm pretty sure farcall gets promised for Fremantle Curtin or OConnor

No point pork barrelling if its not a marginal seat

Perhaps having a designated womens change room will help the club get back a womens team and encourage the sexist farts to shut up and farcoff

a link to a Guardian article ...FFS...and you whinge about the crap Rupert's mob spew out
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26180
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:44 pm

The Guardian is mixed but this seemed a factual story and it tickled my funny bone.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next