Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First UMB proved you wrong, and now YUVRAJ does it........

+5
PlanetPakistan
PeterCS
*Buckaroo*
furriner
Henry
9 posters

Go down

First UMB proved you wrong, and now YUVRAJ does it........ Empty First UMB proved you wrong, and now YUVRAJ does it........

Post by Henry Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:00

And i'm glad that I never stopped talking them up from day 1. Very Happy

Talent is talent, and these guys have an abundance of it. I'm predicting 20 test centuries for Yuvraj from here.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

First UMB proved you wrong, and now YUVRAJ does it........ Empty Re: First UMB proved you wrong, and now YUVRAJ does it........

Post by furriner Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:16

OK, it's Yuvraj. For the moment. Will take more than one Test to do it for me. But I will be more than happy to steam, saute or fry and eat my words anytime.

For the record, I was never in the UMB business. I have always thought he was a gritty little f*cker, and have said so to that effect here.

Last edited by furriner on Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:17; edited 1 time in total
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

First UMB proved you wrong, and now YUVRAJ does it........ Empty Re: First UMB proved you wrong, and now YUVRAJ does it........

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:17

Yuvdrag has to perform in Aus and SA for detractors to be proved wrong.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:18

*Buckaroo* wrote:Yuvdrag has to perform in Aus and SA for detractors to be proved wrong.

bounce bounce bounce

Was that deliberate? Awesome nick.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:20

Knowing Bucky it was probably an accidental typo......
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:24

If he carries on dominating, it could be Guvraj.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:25

And Ton-dulkar, come to think of it.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:37

>> Was that deliberate?

two letters meant that a couple of neurons did have to cooperate.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Mon 15 Dec 2008, 16:45

yeah it was just a matter of time before YS stepped up.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:00

I was never in the YUVRAJ club and furri was never in the UMB thing. Who are you talking to?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:22

Doremi, I remember you saying something along the lines of "Unfortunately, they'll probably pick Yuvraj ahead of Pujara".
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:25

And I still stick by that. Others deserved this chance more than Yuvraj did. However, I was never in the he's not a test player club.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:26

What is this YUVRAJ and Yuvraj thing? Who named him in capitals and what did it mean?

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:28

I think it was furri. I I don't actually know what it means, but I do know that it's not complimentary.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:29

doremi wrote:And I still stick by that. Others deserved this chance more than Yuvraj did. However, I was never in the he's not a test player club.

His Australia failures had given me serious doubts about him being a test material. I don't think all those doubts are cleared yet. But I am willing to give Yuvraj a longer run and see how he performs in NZ.

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 16 Dec 2008, 13:59

one swallow and all that. this innings may well be the making of yuvraj as a test player, i think all the time in the middle with tendulkar talking to him constantly will have helped him immensely, but its still too early to call this a vindication. india travel to nz next year. that will be a further test. only after a year or so can we say if he is really up to it

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 13 May 2017, 06:41

Henry wrote:And i'm glad that I never stopped talking them up from day 1. Very Happy

Talent is talent, and these guys have an abundance of it. I'm predicting 20 test centuries for Yuvraj from here.

Legal responsibility lies here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 13 May 2017, 06:43

Henry wrote:Doremi, I remember you saying something along the lines of "Unfortunately, they'll probably pick Yuvraj ahead of Pujara".

Someone's got to be right about these things.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38037
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down