Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

+27
whitburn
Bradman
Gary 111
eowyn
Merlin
Aditya
Big Dog
WideWally
beamer
PeterCS
tricycle
baggygreen
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
skully
JGK
Red
Brass Monkey
Basil
Hass
horace
Henry
G.Wood
taipan
furriner
Paul Keating
embee
31 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit  - Page 14 Empty Re: Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

Post by embee Sat 15 Feb 2020, 19:02

Former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has taken a thinly-veiled swipe at his successor Michael Clarke by suggesting he prolonged his career due to a void in leadership.

Ponting was 37 years of age when he called time on his illustrious career in the summer of 2012, but admitted that he extended his career because he was worried about the "direction" of the team.

The Tasmanian native's retirement eventually followed the retirement of several of Australia's golden era, including the likes of Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath, Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist.

Speaking at a dinner for the Chappell Foundation, Ponting explained how he wanted to help usher in the next generation of Australian stars.

"I probably should have retired three or four years earlier than I did but I was really worried about where the direction of the Australian cricket team was going if I wasn't around," he said.

"And I wanted to be around to help [David] Warner and [Steve] Smith and Nathan Lyon and Peter Siddle and Mitchell Johnson. I wanted to help them through that initial phase of their international careers because I knew it wasn't going to be easy for them."

While Ponting did not mention Clarke, it is worth mentioning that the pair had a strained relationship during their time together as teammates, with Ponting mentioning in his autobiography that Clarke had not been a good deputy under him.

Ponting explained how important it was to have leadership in a dressing room, emphasising how a lack of leaders lead to the ball tampering incident in Cape Town back in 2018.

"Every great team that I played in, whether it be a club team or an Australian cricket team or a state team, there was always a lot of old hard heads around just to make sure when the younger guys came in that they understood what it meant to be playing for each of those teams," he said.

"And if I had have retired ... I was worried there wasn't going to be enough people to point them in the right direction.

"If I look at where things got at Cape Town, I just don't think there were enough people around that team to say 'no' to some of those guys. Things got completely out of control."
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26169
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit  - Page 14 Empty Re: Michael Clarke is a toxic piece of shit

Post by JGK Sat 15 Feb 2020, 22:41

Meanwhile Clarke announces that he’s getting divorced and that he’s joining Sky Sports Radio for the breakfast show (what Slater used to do).

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 16 Feb 2020, 00:23

I always thought that Clarke openly coveted the captaincy while Punter was in charge.

He sometimes openly criticised tactics during pressers.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17064
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 16 Feb 2020, 00:24

embee wrote:Former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has taken a thinly-veiled swipe at his successor Michael Clarke by suggesting he prolonged his career due to a void in leadership.

Ponting was 37 years of age when he called time on his illustrious career in the summer of 2012, but admitted that he extended his career because he was worried about the "direction" of the team.

The Tasmanian native's retirement eventually followed the retirement of several of Australia's golden era, including the likes of Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath, Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist.

Speaking at a dinner for the Chappell Foundation, Ponting explained how he wanted to help usher in the next generation of Australian stars.

"I probably should have retired three or four years earlier than I did but I was really worried about where the direction of the Australian cricket team was going if I wasn't around," he said.

"And I wanted to be around to help [David] Warner and [Steve] Smith and Nathan Lyon and Peter Siddle and Mitchell Johnson. I wanted to help them through that initial phase of their international careers because I knew it wasn't going to be easy for them."

While Ponting did not mention Clarke, it is worth mentioning that the pair had a strained relationship during their time together as teammates, with Ponting mentioning in his autobiography that Clarke had not been a good deputy under him.

Ponting explained how important it was to have leadership in a dressing room, emphasising how a lack of leaders lead to the ball tampering incident in Cape Town back in 2018.

"Every great team that I played in, whether it be a club team or an Australian cricket team or a state team, there was always a lot of old hard heads around just to make sure when the younger guys came in that they understood what it meant to be playing for each of those teams," he said.

"And if I had have retired ... I was worried there wasn't going to be enough people to point them in the right direction.

"If I look at where things got at Cape Town, I just don't think there were enough people around that team to say 'no' to some of those guys. Things got completely out of control."

Thanks for the post Embee.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42563
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 17 Feb 2020, 06:10

embee wrote:Former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting has taken a thinly-veiled swipe at his successor Michael Clarke by suggesting he prolonged his career due to a void in leadership.

Says the man who was notorious for off field misbehavior. Getting help off the monumental, misdirectected ego that was Ponting (how old was he when the first "autobiography" came out) would be like someone intent on sobering up going to a practicing alcoholic. Shit character defects lead to shit captaincy going all the way back to Waugh. Dubbers one and all. (Ponting's a Mexican by default).
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 17 Feb 2020, 06:38

Geez Q, that's almost as big a serve for an ex-Aus skipper as we are used to hearing you spray at Tubby. Razz
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105795

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 17 Feb 2020, 06:44

Still be the best named thread ever.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 18 Feb 2020, 12:26

merely states the obvious

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38009

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 18 Feb 2020, 20:49

Surprised he didn’t become universally known as TPOS on here...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 18 Feb 2020, 23:00

Alas, some of us were fans.

A very polarising character.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 19 Feb 2020, 07:26

I must say I was a sort of fan - certainly of his batting. I also thought he was vilified unreasonably during the initial blowup with Katich. Particularly since his retirement and entry to media-ville residual sympathy has diminished.

I still have no time for the self serving Katich.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 20 Feb 2020, 06:43

skully wrote:Geez Q, that's almost as big a serve for an ex-Aus skipper as we are used to hearing you spray at Tubby. Razz

Tubby's captaincy was excellent. I just thought he should never have qualified to practice it.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Fri 21 Feb 2020, 21:32

not sure why he was hired for commentary on the WT20WC
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11940
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 23 Feb 2020, 00:40

Horrie - there is still time to overcome your irrational hatred of Katich and recognise him as the sacrificial hero in the long-running saga of the villainous, entitled, narcissistic TPOS.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 23 Feb 2020, 01:01

lardbucket wrote:Horrie - there is still time to overcome your irrational hatred of Katich and recognise him as the sacrificial hero in the long-running saga of the villainous, entitled, narcissistic TPOS.

Not irrational. I regularly hear him on SEN. He is a complete "spear carrier" for CA and Langer. I have heard him refer to the Clarke choking incident several times without acknowledging or contesting the established facts. He slides around the issue of his own behaviour.

Clarke may well be a tpoc, but that does not absolve Katich.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 23 Mar 2020, 04:28

So Pup's marriage is over.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 26 Mar 2020, 15:21

His wife had a problem with same sex relationships apparently.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 07 Apr 2020, 02:47

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/michael-clarke-named-the-seven-best-batsmen-he-played-with-or-against-and-only-one-aussie-made-it/news-story/259abdb315b47712aa9e25618a677f63

Clarke not too enamoured of his Aussie teammates.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 07 Apr 2020, 03:52

Red wrote:https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/michael-clarke-named-the-seven-best-batsmen-he-played-with-or-against-and-only-one-aussie-made-it/news-story/259abdb315b47712aa9e25618a677f63

Clarke not too enamoured of his Aussie teammates.

To be fair, there is some competition there given the players he listed.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 07 Apr 2020, 04:21

Yeah Ponting was lucky to make it.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 07 Apr 2020, 04:23

Agreed Q.

Red looking to beat up something that's not there. That list is pretty damn strong and very hard to argue with. The 7 best bats of our time.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 07 Apr 2020, 09:28

skully wrote:Agreed Q.

Red looking to beat up something that's not there. That list is pretty damn strong and very hard to argue with. The 7 best bats of our time.

I agree with those names too, was just reporting the paper beating it up.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 07 Apr 2020, 09:51

... but the paper didn't beat it up.

It was you that translated the very reasonable selections into Clarke 'not being enamoured of his team-mates'; there's the twist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 17 Apr 2020, 10:23

How's he going on 2KY?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 17 Apr 2020, 10:53

He's got the Kane Cornes gig of saying controversial shit that offends people

Ideal job for a toxshit
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26169
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next