Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

+14
Aditya
Fred Nerk
OP Tipping
Fromage
beamer
Blackadder
WideWally
Bradman
Red
taipan
JGK
embee
Big Dog
horace
18 posters

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

Post by embee Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:07

JGK wrote:My wife was 34 years old when she had her 6th Prime Minister.   By May next year, my son will see his 6th at the age of 9.
Easily done 

• Harold Holt (1966–67)

• John McEwen (1967–68)

• John Grey Gorton (1968–71)

• William McMahon (1971–72)

• Gough Whitlam (1972–75)

• Malcolm Fraser (1975–83)

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26169
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XV)

Post by embee Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:27

Aus Federal Politics thread (XV) - Page 2 39958272_10156473703232464_1025670192086122496_n
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 25 Aug 2018, 01:59

So the thick but fabulously wealthy ex Qld walloper goes down. He will still fancy his chances. He has fulfilled his contract with Murdoch.

BUT The Mad Monk is calibrating his chances, not that he can count all that well. Will Scum Mo offer him a gig back in Cabinet? That will be fun.

In fact the Scum Mo Cabinet and Outer Ministry appointments will be vastly entertaining. One can only imagine Scum Mo sitting down with the Australian Christian Lobby to consider and decide the applications.

Some of the highlight applications would be:

* Mad Monk. I am a loyal Christian. I admit I can't speak in tongues but I can mime in Latin and when sitting on Credlin or Murdoch's knee I can throw a passable version of English. Besides I stopped the Truffles... erm ... boats

*Erics Anazi. As you know the third reich ... erm the Liberal party is founded on principles... I fervently believe in them and I am a dutiful Christian. I am concerned about the threats within the country and I can obtain the equipment to deal with that.

Herr Corrmann. I am a proven Christian and adherent of other free market ontologies. My intervention was crucial to your elevation. I am from WA and fluently speak the local Perth dialects.

* Spudhead. I am a practising Christian and wealthy ex Qld walloper. I'm noted as a hard man and now would be the wealthiest person in your Cabinet. You need the sort of morals, loyalty and contacts I can bring with Ray Hadley and Mr Murdoch. I also have a Ouija Board and communicate at will with Terry Lewis and Joh B-P. NB all toddlers at my child care centres are well protected and nurtured.

*Pope Andrews. Yes I once stood or stooled for the Lib leadership, but my loyalty is unquestioned. And yes I am a devout... erm... very devout Christian and extremely devout hair colorer. I will be a loyal protector of the Christian faith and School Chaplains and protector of Pell, the foetus and all other holy things.

* Michaela Laughing Clown. Well .. hehehe ... titter titter ... Well as you know PM I can give a gobful to our enemies and obviously can take a gobful and a half as well. My remarkable courage in walking round with Herr Matthias is widely acknowledged. The AFP know I'm in the clear and a ping pong ball butter would not melt in my mouth. I'm charismatic, including Christian if that works for you dear leader.

* I wont budge Tudge. I'm from the IPA and that's enough.

* Barnaby Joyce. Yes, I know I am a proud member as well as being a member for the Nats. Your elevation is just what I ... erm ... the country needs. I have a bigger hat than Katter's and Pauline's voters aspire to my position. I am not interested in being Minister for Family Values. I'm already living proof to every old bull there is always young breeding stock ready to line up for the right stuff. I am willing to serve ... hehehe... as Minister for Making Sure Windsor and Wilkie spend the rest of their days breaking rocks.

* Gina, the naked face of Capitalism. Look Scummy, I don't give a pigs about Christianity or whatever giant spaghetti monster you commune with. Neither do I give a pigs about your democracy, parliamentary thingammy. Yes I am not in your parliament thing, but as you know when you speak in tongues with that Brian bloke, I call the shots. We all love that little black coal. We all love the holes in the ground we make. Let the punters fill my vacated holes with landfill.

* Rupe the Dupe. Scum Mo you know what to do. I am not a citizen of this colony but I am ex officio Prez of this horror joint Lock 'em up, preferably, sow it live with Bolt and one of my next wives knitting - rather furiously.

horace
horace

Number of posts : 42563
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 25 Aug 2018, 02:14

You seem preoccupied with your hatred for the Blues, h.

They are imploding - what more do you want?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105795
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 25 Aug 2018, 02:30

skully wrote:You seem preoccupied with your hatred for the Blues, h.

They are imploding - what more do you want?

Lots.

The MM to lose his seat for starters and laughed at to abject ignominy.

Fat Gina and Rupe to go broke and be refused welfare.

Shortpants strung up.

The Radishes are appalling too.

Had fun writing the above piece Skullywags. Call it a near catharsis.

No way balances the general angst and pain in my arse caused this conglomeration of creepy people
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 25 Aug 2018, 04:05

... c'mon Skully. I am sure that Shortpants wants to cross the floor. I expect he goes to some Tabernacle and prays a lot every Sunday. Why don't you have a crack at what Shortpants' application for a job with Scum Mo in a national Oz govt might look like.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 25 Aug 2018, 05:10

H, your views on the current heavy sentiment behind drought relief, including the new PM making it his no. 1 priority?? I don't imagine you donated? Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 25 Aug 2018, 05:12

horace wrote:... c'mon Skully. I am sure that Shortpants wants to cross the floor. I expect he goes to some Tabernacle and prays a lot every Sunday. Why don't you have a crack at what Shortpants' application for a job with Scum Mo in a national Oz govt might look like.

I'm saving my vitriol for when Shortarse becomes PM next year. I'm sure it will be two years of Pinko debacles before Albo deposes him as the next PM.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 25 Aug 2018, 05:30

skully wrote:H, your views on the current heavy sentiment behind drought relief, including the new PM making it his no. 1 priority?? I don't imagine you donated? Cool

Oh dear.

When was the last time cashed up farmers rattled the tins for sacked manufacturing workers or milk bar owners out of business thanks to 7/11? The sentiment is media driven and total drivel. Why should others support the lifestyle choices of bumpkins who have degraded the land on which they farm? May as well support Nimbin hippies (at least they cost less).

The Chinese are responsible and look to the long term. I support the shake out in farming, economies of scale and refusal to subsidise a bunch of turkeys in their life style choices.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 25 Aug 2018, 06:05

Meanwhile S if you have time or the inclination you could add to the imagined applications. It is cathartic.

Why don't you have a crack at a Shortpants application to Scum Mo? Am sure at the drop of a hat he'd defect like an "honest" Jo Lyons or Billy Hughes.

Meanwhile there are other Libs scrubbing up their CV's. Gre Ghunt, Connie FW, FAT George etc. Have a crack.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 25 Aug 2018, 08:32

Liver playing up again Horrie?
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 25 Aug 2018, 23:42

Big Dog wrote:Liver playing up again Horrie?

Played up last night watching the Swans go down to the Dawks. Had to resort to vacating a large portion of a bottle of Widow Jane Whisky to show the liver who's the boss.

Otherwise I think in these dark times, a bit of levity does not go astray.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 26 Aug 2018, 04:42

So Bishop quits as Foreign Minister and she will be leaving parliament. Talk about seismic shifts.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17064
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 26 Aug 2018, 04:44

Red wrote:So Bishop quits as Foreign Minister and she will be leaving parliament. Talk about seismic shifts.

Apparently* not a single WA MP voted for her in the leadership ballot.   They were worried that they would knock ScoMo out of the race because Dutton supporters were also going to vote for her to knock ScoMo out and then switch to Dutton.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 26 Aug 2018, 08:54

Geebers, the shocks just keep coming.

Not many human faces in the govt.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 26 Aug 2018, 15:43

Newspoll taken over the weekend has ALP 56-44!

Suck sh1t Liberals.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 27 Aug 2018, 00:36

You know it takes 30 newspolls to show he's a dud
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 27 Aug 2018, 03:50

Or 38 in Turncoat's case.

Any word on whether Turncoat will stay on in Wnetworth until the next election?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 27 Aug 2018, 04:45

skully wrote:Or 38 in Turncoat's case.

Any word on whether Turncoat will stay on in Wnetworth until the next election?

I think he's just waiting to confirm that his annointed successor gets the pre-selection.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 27 Aug 2018, 05:41

I can really recommend sailing if shite like this goes down again. Gives the liver a bit of a rest, doesn't risk you taking advantage of lax gun laws to end it all and saves you a fortune in otherwise broken electronic communications devices.

I see Bolt is blaming everyone but himself.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 28 Aug 2018, 23:14

One of the curios of the past fortnight was the demise of J Bish. Here is an interesting Crabbe article.

link
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 29 Aug 2018, 22:51

On another topic, the Feds are proceeding with prosecutions against Witness K and his lawyer over the whistleblowing of the ASIS bugging of Timor Leste during negotiations over maritime boundaries and access to oils and gas.

For those interested in the matter here is a link to an ABC story.

LINK

The lawyer has a book coming out next year on relations between Timor and Australia from WW2 onwards.

I will certainly read it unless the Feds ban publication.

Both K and his lawyer are facing gaol sentences. There will be no media coverage allowed of the trial.

The spying for economic benefit represented one of the low points of Australia's relationship with E Timor. The absolute nadir was Whitlam's appeasement of Indonesia when they invaded the country.

The spying episode damaged our relations and undid much of the benefits achieved by Howard's support for E Timor and final opposition to Indonesian occupation.

That the Federal Minister who presided over ASIS spying ultimately obtained financial benefit from working as a Consultant at Woodside when he left Parliament is a matter that would be investigated by an ICAC, if we had one.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 30 Aug 2018, 12:28

... and in more comedy, it seems Oz's answer to the Manchurian Candidate, the Terry Lewis/Joh B-P Candidate intervened on another au pair illegal entrant

This time it was one destined to 'work' for a mate of Spudheads from his days as a Qld copper (when he was planning to be a multi millionaire.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 31 Aug 2018, 05:36

Yeah Chelsea manning got dudded. Just had to put the right occupation down on the visa application.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 31 Aug 2018, 13:13

Looks like Turnbull gave his dirt file to his son.   Alex Turnbull today tweeted about Matt Canavan's brother owning a some coal tenement in Qld.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next