Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So how would previous pommie posters voted on Brexit?

+11
JKLever
JGK
Yorkie Jill
beamer
eowyn
horace
Bradman
skully
Growler
Basil
taipan
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So how would previous pommie posters voted on Brexit? - Page 2 Empty Re: So how would previous pommie posters voted on Brexit?

Post by taipan Tue 02 Apr 2019, 05:01

Renewing mine this week
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

So how would previous pommie posters voted on Brexit? - Page 2 Empty Re: So how would previous pommie posters voted on Brexit?

Post by Bradman Tue 02 Apr 2019, 05:20

British?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 02 Apr 2019, 05:27

Bradman wrote:British?

Yep
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 03 Apr 2019, 12:59

You know if you fly from the continent into England at the right time you can be one of a few non EU peeps on the plane and can be calling a cab whilst the two hundred odd are still practsing standing still.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sat 01 Feb 2020, 00:23

anyone seen Whitby recently?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 12 May 2020, 15:22

G'day all, long time no see. I'm not around much, lost a lot of love for cricket but will still ocassionally pop in. Good to see a fair few still keeping this running.

I voted leave and would still vote leave. Purely on democratic grounds. There was a growing democratic deficit.

My bottom line was this.... if people are making laws by which I have to abide, and I disagree with them... how can I vote the barstewards out and vote barstewards in who will make law I do agree with? And the answer was you couldn't.

And I must heartily disagree with previous forumers about the UK and the vote causing division. For me a vote for Brexit will ultimately save the UK as a single entity whether its as is, or federal in the end. With the inexorable drift towards 'ever closer union' and a USE (they will outlaw individual vetoes in the end) it would be far easier for Scotland to become a province of the EU.

After all what would be the point of a country within a country within a country?

As for lies. Thats politics, for every falsehood told by one side I could point to one by the other.

Anyway, good to chat. Might post a little bit more frequently when I can, got too much going on.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 12 May 2020, 15:55

Well, blow me down with a fevah, etc. Hi there, Mr Lever,

Couldn't agree with you less on that astonishingly "idealistic" credo, or just about every iota of the whole set of strange, entirely evidence-free claims - big bald assertions with no basis, in the teeth of all observable reality - & amazingly fantastical, childlike wishful thinking, soaring miles aloft from any firm ground (and so, Johnson & Cummings are just liars on the scale of anyone else? really?!) - - - - but hey, good to see you're alive and kickin'! Very Happy

Go well. Treat people better than Cummings.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 12 May 2020, 16:31

Spoken like a true snobby elitist FBPE remainer Wink

Anyway I wish the best to everyone, doing my best to dodge the Corona! Shocked

JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 12 May 2020, 19:46

Well, well, well , look who it is Very Happy

Good to hear from you.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 12 May 2020, 21:22

JKLever wrote:Spoken like a true snobby elitist FBPE remainer Wink

Anyway I wish the best to everyone, doing my best to dodge the Corona!  Shocked  

You do that! Stay safe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38010
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 12 May 2020, 23:31

JKL!!!

Great to see you, man.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105795

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 13 May 2020, 01:13

Cheers guys, I wont promise anything as I usually piss off after a few posts but i'll try and make 5 mins every so often to post a little.

Edit: Also my signature is perfectly fine as it is and won't be added to...

Btw.. where is the 'Essex Double County Champions' Thread? Can't believe I didn't come on to gloat at that.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 May 2020, 01:20

JKL, time to update your sig, old cock.

There's been a 0-4 and 2-2 since you last updated. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 13 May 2020, 01:43

JKLever wrote:Spoken like a true snobby elitist FBPE remainer Wink

Anyway I wish the best to everyone, doing my best to dodge the Corona!  Shocked  

Love ya JKL. Great to hear from you, even if I disagree with much of what you argue re BREXIT.

I still have a soft spot for Essex. Take care.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42563
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 May 2020, 02:03

Essex is grouse.

I'm disappointed not to be heading over to Colchester to see the youngest sprog this year. That damn virus got in the way.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 29 Aug 2020, 22:43

The "Blunder from Downunder", has been appointed by Boris as the Poms post Brexit Trade Envoy.

Ex PM Tony Abbott has finally scored a job.

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 30 Aug 2020, 01:23

skully wrote:JKL, time to update your sig, old cock.

There's been a 0-4 and 2-2 since you last updated. Cool

Bring back JKL, Ray East, and his bike.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38010

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 12 Dec 2020, 02:27

Three weeks to Brexit and it looks like no deal is the deal. So England and its unhappy caravan of NI, Wales and Scotland in tow is careering full pelt to the yawning abyss.

Thoughts are with our current and former colleagues from that part of the world.

To cheer them and us up, here is a Marina Hyde bake of the PM. It is a wonderfully written over the top article. Here 'tis.

a Boris bake Link
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 12 Dec 2020, 03:31

horace wrote:Three weeks to Brexit and it looks like no deal is the deal. So England and its unhappy caravan of NI, Wales and Scotland in tow is careering full pelt to the yawning abyss.

Thoughts are with our current and former colleagues from that part of the world.

To cheer them and us up, here is a Marina Hyde bake of the PM. It is a wonderfully written over the top article. Here 'tis.

a Boris bake Link

Guardian being as objective as ever Laughing
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

horace likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 12 Dec 2020, 04:23

Big Dog wrote:
horace wrote:Three weeks to Brexit and it looks like no deal is the deal. So England and its unhappy caravan of NI, Wales and Scotland in tow is careering full pelt to the yawning abyss.

a Boris bake Link

Guardian being as objective as ever Laughing

I did say over the top. No commercial media is objective and public broadcasters obviously struggle with the concept.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Sat 12 Dec 2020, 10:16

Whatever your views on the matter, it’s pretty clear that the rest of the world’s democratically elected leaders (the soon to depart Trump aside) view him in that way. They wouldn’t trust him as far as they could throw him. And we’ll all pay the price for that.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sat 12 Dec 2020, 16:49

I think Taips missed Allan in his OP. Who would probably have voted Leave. And voted as many times as he could get away with.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

horace likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2