Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symonds praises Sreesanth by sledging him

4 posters

Go down

Symonds praises Sreesanth by sledging him Empty Symonds praises Sreesanth by sledging him

Post by embee Tue 27 Nov 2007, 03:04

Shanth Sreesanth risk to Test plans: Andrew SymondsArticle from: Font size: Decrease Increase Email article: Email Print article: Print Submit comment: Submit comment Ben Dorries

November 27, 2007 07:16am
ANDREW Symonds claims zany motor-mouth Shanth Sreesanth could unhinge India's Test campaign in Australia this summer.

Symonds says he has no personal animosity towards Sreesanth but believes his "white line fever" could unhinge India.

Ahead of India's four-Test series here, Symonds has provided a fascinating insight into the personality of former breakdance champion Sreesanth who he clashed heatedly with last month.

As fast bowler Sreesanth struggles with a shoulder injury which could jeopardise his Australian tour, Symonds said he believed the Indian seamer simply could not control his crazy sledging antics.

Indian cricket journalists believe seamer Sreesanth is essentially barking mad, but Symonds says he is actually a polite character away from the cricket ground.

However it is his "white line fever" which could play into the hands of the Australians.

"He's just got white line fever," Symonds said. "He has got it that bad he couldn't rein himself in when he lost it a bit.

"It will be interesting to see how he is received over here.

"I don't dislike him. Off the ground he was always polite. I saw him in the hotel and he always said gidday and that.

"But as I said, he's just got white line fever and sometimes he just loses control."

Sreesanth – at the forefront on India's new wave of aggression – taunted Australian players on and off the field, sledged them even when he was running drinks and clapped in the face of Symonds in the subcontinent last month.

As Test crowds plunge and cricket cries out for colourful characters, it would be a bitter blow if Sreesanth was ruled out of the Test series against Australia which starts on Boxing Day at the MCG.

He has missed the first Test against Pakistan and medical reports suggest he could be ruled out of the entire three-Test series.

Worse still, he may need shoulder surgery which would seriously threaten his tour of Australia.

Symonds is still struggling with his own injury, the ankle he sprained while running between wickets in Australia's second Test win over Sri Lanka in Hobart last week.

He admitted he was still days off being able to run but should be fit for the three-match Chappell-Hadlee one-day series against New Zealand which kicks off in Adelaide on December 14.

Australia has dared India to maintain its bitter sledging rage this summer, claiming the verbal assault would backfire and play into the hands of the world champions.

The Courier-Mail
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26203
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Symonds praises Sreesanth by sledging him Empty Re: Symonds praises Sreesanth by sledging him

Post by mynah Tue 27 Nov 2007, 06:31

Symonds says he has no personal animosity towards Sreesanth but believes his "white line fever" could unhinge India.
Sounds racist.
mynah
mynah

Symonds praises Sreesanth by sledging him APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Symonds praises Sreesanth by sledging him Empty Re: Symonds praises Sreesanth by sledging him

Post by taipan Tue 27 Nov 2007, 06:38

embee wrote:"I don't dislike him. Off the ground he was always polite. I saw him in the hotel and he always said gidday and that.

In an Aussie accent I guess.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 27 Nov 2007, 06:41

yarp...that is right
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down