Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two reasons not to listen to TalkSport

+4
beamer
ever hopeful
JKLever
Basil
8 posters

Go down

Two reasons not to listen to TalkSport Empty Two reasons not to listen to TalkSport

Post by Basil Tue 08 Feb 2011, 17:21

Richard Keys and Andy Gray have joined them.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Two reasons not to listen to TalkSport Empty Re: Two reasons not to listen to TalkSport

Post by Guest Tue 08 Feb 2011, 18:03

From the few times I have listened to it, they should fit right in.

Back to top Go down

Two reasons not to listen to TalkSport Empty Re: Two reasons not to listen to TalkSport

Post by JKLever Tue 08 Feb 2011, 18:36

Used to listen quite a bit a decade ago.... ironic that the guy who hired them Moz Dee used to be a sanctimonious little prick who presented back then.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 08 Feb 2011, 20:17

two more:
George Galloway
Kelvin McKenzie
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 08 Feb 2011, 21:25

It's red-top radio really, full of opinionated/argumentative presenters... worth dipping in for a few minutes here and there but little more, unless you're away from Sky access for a live match!

How Gray and Keys will adapt to a format without visual aids or live action will be interesting to see I guess. They probably will end up doing live matches before long, except perhaps that Sky actually sponsor their Premier League commentary! Perhaps surprising that they've been given the chance to rebuild their careers so soon - although no doubt a massive pay cut for both compared to their old jobs.

As for Sky's Super Sunday without them, well it was more like Sort-Of-OK-ish Sunday as I expected - as one review wrote, other than the bit of Torres build-up at the start it could just as easily have been Stoke v Wigan on a Wednesday night. And the giant touch screen and gadgets are now in cold storage while they teach someone else how to use them I guess! They had to go really but Sky need to find worthy replacements sooner rather than later.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 08 Feb 2011, 23:56

Two more: Talk. Sport.

Who listens to that bollocks anyway?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 09 Feb 2011, 00:58

Doesn't Sir Geoffrey commentate on Talksport?

Redeemed.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Feb 2011, 10:40

Dello wrote:Two more: Talk. Sport.

Who listens to that bollocks anyway?
The dregs of society mostly, hence why I think they'll fit right in.

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Wed 09 Feb 2011, 11:01

Henry wrote:Doesn't Sir Geoffrey commentate on Talksport?

Redeemed.
He does know his stuff, but it makes it all the more amusing when he gets it wrong- like in the 4th test when he wrote off England's attack after about 4 overs and they ended up bowling Australia out for 98. They even let his comments survive into the FiveLive highlights prog just to rub it in.

At the start of the next test Jonathan Agnew tried, and failed, to wind him up about it:

Aggers: So, any predictions this time Geoffrey?

Sir Boycs: (dead straight bat) No, I don't think so really.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 09 Feb 2011, 12:05

Aye – what most on here have said – they’re a collection of helmet-squeezing, boorish pieces of triple-arrogance – I’d rather eat my own kneecap than stick that sh!t on the wireless. Keys & Gray & TS - they’ll be a match made in twatdom.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Allan D Wed 16 Feb 2011, 00:39

Only Bowled for England and the Essex Ayatollah are regular contributors to the weekday afternoon programme. Have they been sacked to pay for Keys and Gray? Damn shame, if they have.
Allan D
Allan D

Number of posts : 6635
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down