Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this

+6
PeterCS
Fred Nerk
Shoeshine
Brass Monkey
taipan
Zat
10 posters

Go down

I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this Empty I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this

Post by Zat Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:17

Some people might wonder why Collingwood supporters in the Australian Football League are often regarded as bogans. This may answer a few queries.
I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this 557643-peter-knowles
(From the Herald Sun newspaper in Melbourne)
Selected bits of the article...
His back is covered in Collingwood tattoos, from Victoria Park and MCG scenes to the club's founders, flags and 50 players' names, including the team of the century.

The centrepiece is a massive magpie and Jeff "Joffa" Corfe is even pictured in his famous gold jacket, holding the "game over" sign.

Mr Knowles, 30, who has dragons and snakes on his arms and the names of his wife and daughters - Jazz, 31, Chelsea, 9, and Hayley, 3 - on his chest, hopes to extend the Collingwood features to his stomach.

It will probably feature "Magpies" written in large letters.

Born in Melbourne, he moved to Tasmania when he was 10 and has only seen three live Collingwood games since - two of them losses.

If it wasn't for him living in Tasmania, I'd almost be asking if this was Red's husband. Or perhaps Red.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this Empty Re: I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this

Post by taipan Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:19

Was about to say you can't see the tits
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this Empty Re: I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this

Post by Zat Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:19

Well, if the tits were on the back, they'd be dumb tits.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:19

Sounds positively redneck. Only seen them three times? Shocked
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:20

The kind of supporter every team should have Rolling Eyes

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:21

Zat wrote:The kind of supporter every team should have Rolling Eyes

They also have Red
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:32

Let's face it, being an Aussie Rules fan is a pretty poor start. No surprise they do things like this - more or less an extension of the obvious I'd have thought.

Shoeshine

I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:46

Shoeshine wrote:Let's face it, being an Aussie Rules fan is a pretty poor start. No surprise they do things like this - more or less an extension of the obvious I'd have thought.
SS, it might be a bit stupid, in fact a lot stupid, but it's a lot better than starting a riot.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Tue 12 Jan 2010, 13:49

Zat wrote:
Shoeshine wrote:Let's face it, being an Aussie Rules fan is a pretty poor start. No surprise they do things like this - more or less an extension of the obvious I'd have thought.
SS, it might be a bit stupid, in fact a lot stupid, but it's a lot better than starting a riot.

I've always struggled to see the difference.

Shoeshine

I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 13 Jan 2010, 02:48

The AFL has always been shit scared that if we go 24 hours withouit seeing a new story about it we (having the attention span of a goldfish after all) will forget they exist and start following another sport, or something. So the Herald Sun (AKA The Melbourne Paper For Stupid People or MPFSP) is under contract to the AFL to put a footy story in the paper every day.

When the news is slow this is the type of thing they have to make do with.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8807
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 13 Jan 2010, 02:49

MAGGIE, MAGGIE, MAGGIE!!

OI, OI, OI!!
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 13 Jan 2010, 02:54

Fred Nerk wrote:The AFL has always been shit scared that if we go 24 hours withouit seeing a new story about it we (having the attention span of a goldfish after all) will forget they exist and start following another sport, or something. So the Herald Sun (AKA The Melbourne Paper For Stupid People or MPFSP) is under contract to the AFL to put a footy story in the paper every day.

When the news is slow this is the type of thing they have to make do with.

So it's Fev's fault for leaving the state?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 13 Jan 2010, 03:59

Prob didn't help - the Fevmeister was always pretty good at filling up the back page of the LMPFSP.

They might be trying to talk Shane Crawford out of retirement as we speak - two years ago all they ever needed to do was tell Crawf to bare his chest on South Melbourne Beach and there was their contractual obligation sorted.

Or, if he wasn't available, ask Sheeds to say, well, the first thing that came into his head. Or Nathan Buckley to scratch his arse if it ever got really desperate.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8807
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Wed 13 Jan 2010, 07:46

right up there with:
I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this Simpsons-tattoo1

AND

I know there's an AFL thread, but everyone should see this 11701
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11961
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 13 Jan 2010, 07:49

The Simpsons I can sort-of understand a little, but the Hulk Hogan one is just sad.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 13 Jan 2010, 07:55

the hulkster bloke looks like a prototype for an English darts champ
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 13 Jan 2010, 08:19

Tatts all folks...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Wed 13 Jan 2010, 08:23

Zat wrote:The Simpsons I can sort-of understand a little, but the Hulk Hogan one is just sad.

not as sad as Collingwood though.
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11961

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 13 Jan 2010, 08:27

Goes without saying.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Jan 2010, 09:53

Showed this to a bloke at work who has just forked out $1500 for a massive dragon on his back. He didn't laugh. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105900

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jan 2010, 09:54

skully wrote:Showed this to a bloke at work who has just forked out $1500 for a massive dragon on his back.

Cheaper to get married?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 13 Jan 2010, 09:55

a bloke at work who has just forked out $1500 for a massive dragon
Sounds like something an exotic brothel might offer.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down