Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If he'd not followed mum's medical advice... [MuMu ALERT]

+2
Merlin
PeterCS
6 posters

Go down

If he'd not followed mum's medical advice...   [MuMu ALERT] Empty If he'd not followed mum's medical advice... [MuMu ALERT]

Post by PeterCS Fri 23 Jul 2010, 12:33

- or been allowed to own a mobile phone - could Warney have got to 800 wickets himself, and thereby expunged TOGM's world record octoton of scalps before it was even established?

All hypothesis, of course.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

If he'd not followed mum's medical advice...   [MuMu ALERT] Empty Re: If he'd not followed mum's medical advice... [MuMu ALERT]

Post by Merlin Fri 23 Jul 2010, 12:49

Interesting observation from the chav Derek Pringle in today's DT ...

"Murali's tally is phenomenal and won't be surpassed in his lifetime, but Warne was the better cricketer. Warnie knew how to work the big wickets; Murali just bowled and bowled and bowled."

IMO - There's a helluva lot of truth in that statement.

And this from Atherton -

"Murali has had to live with the gibes and doubts. The way he has reacted without bitterness has been extraordinary."

A lot of truth in that too.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

If he'd not followed mum's medical advice...   [MuMu ALERT] Empty Re: If he'd not followed mum's medical advice... [MuMu ALERT]

Post by skully Fri 23 Jul 2010, 12:54

Sageness from Pringle. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105902
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Fri 23 Jul 2010, 13:18

Merlin wrote:"Murali's tally is phenomenal and won't be surpassed in his lifetime, but Warne was the better cricketer. Warnie knew how to work the big wickets; Murali just bowled and bowled and bowled."

does he mean the clueless english and saffie bats Very Happy

if only murali got to play more tests against the english. he may have ended up near 1,000

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 23 Jul 2010, 13:57

Merlin wrote:Interesting observation from the chav Derek Pringle in today's DT ...

"Murali's tally is phenomenal and won't be surpassed in his lifetime, but Warne was the better cricketer. Warnie knew how to work the big wickets; Murali just bowled and bowled and bowled."

Overall, nonsensical statement, IMO. I regard Warne as the better bowler and sure he was great in a crisis. But to say that he was the better cricketer partly because Murali "...just bowled and bowled and etc" - by extension would that mean that I could get a Test game if I too just bowled and bowled and bowled?

furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 23 Jul 2010, 13:59

furriner wrote:
Merlin wrote:Interesting observation from the chav Derek Pringle in today's DT ...

Overall, nonsensical statement, IMO. I regard Warne as the better bowler and sure he was great in a crisis. But to say that he was the better cricketer partly because Murali "...just bowled and bowled and etc" - by extension would that mean that I could get a Test game if I too just bowled and bowled and bowled?

Murali bowling.

Oxymoron?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 23 Jul 2010, 14:03

I don't know, what does skully think? innocent
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 23 Jul 2010, 14:05

He's taking out his box of mansize tissues as you speak.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down