Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files

+9
Basil
lardbucket
Fred Nerk
taipan
PeterCS
Henry
Blackadder
DJ_Smerk
Red
13 posters

Go down

Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files Empty Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files

Post by Red Sun 21 Nov 2010, 01:32

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nathan-hauritzs-dad-terry-sprays-australian-selectors/story-e6frf9if-1225957392066

EXCLUSIVE: NATHAN Hauritz's angry father has accused Australian selectors of playing "mind games" with his shattered son who has been mercilessly tossed on to the Test match scrap-heap.
They have been playing mind games with Nathan. "This probably reflects on selectors themselves.
"I wouldn't quite say the selectors are in disarray, but with Merv Hughes taken out of the panel not long before the Ashes, you can see there are problems." Hauritz, the former Queenslander, is so upset at his sudden Ashes axing that he has not been able to bring himself to phone his family, simply sending Terry a text message to say he would call today. Hauritz averages 34 in Test cricket and he and his family are struggling to come to terms with how he has been dumped for Doherty, a spinner with a first-class average of 48. "You can't ask any more than to try like Nathan did for Australia, and he is very disappointed," Terry Hauritz said. "I feel everyone has been very judgmental. Because Nathan didn't do well in India I think selectors were looking for a replacement some weeks ago. "Some people have criticised Nathan because they are looking for their 60 seconds of fame in the media. "Nathan did not achieve to his potential in India, but I do not know many spinners who have done well in India. "I have always taught my kids to never give up and hopefully this will make Nathan stronger. He is only 29 and hopefully he will be back bigger and better for Australia."
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files Empty Re: Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 21 Nov 2010, 01:36

Softcock.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files Empty Re: Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files

Post by Blackadder Sun 21 Nov 2010, 02:15

Oh great here were go again, yes Hauritz was stiff to miss out on selction to a uncapped X-Man but for the love of god can parents just stay out of it!!!! banghead

Blackadder

Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 21 Nov 2010, 02:16

My parents didn't ring up the ECB when I wasn't selected as England's replacement 12th man.

DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 21 Nov 2010, 02:22

Someone has to replace Mrs Hodge now that Brad has retired. And Warnie' mother has put away the pills.

Aussie parents seem to embrace the ugly parent syndrome better than most, though I've heard rants from Herschelle Gibb's old man in the past.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 21 Nov 2010, 02:33

To be fair, it's not like Hauritz's dad called up the paper himself to have a rant. The paper called him a day after his son was axed from the squad, and asked him what he thought. Who wouldn't struggle to bite their tongue in that situation?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sun 21 Nov 2010, 02:44

And to be fair, half of those words will have been concocted by the Herald Sun. And the other half doctored for effect.

Mr H Snr probably said something on the lines of: "What, you want my opinion? Well, yeah, it's very disappointing, as you say. You've got to say they led my boy on a bit. ~ What? Does this reflect on the selectors themselves? Well, perhaps it does. Do I think they were looking for a replacement some weeks ago? Well, maybe mate, could well be. But like I tell my kids, never give up, always have. What's that? What's your next question you're putting in my mouth? *laughs* Will he play for Australia again? Sure, mate, - hardly going to say any different, now, am I? He's a trier, our Nath. He was crap in India though, I'll grant you that."

It's the way of the "popular" media. Sharks that feed and then spew more than they've swallowed. Frustrated hackery of (in many cases) third-rate writers hustling for dough and exclusives.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 21 Nov 2010, 05:55

Tend to agree with Trev on this. Anyway I thought the old man was quite restrained in his comments.

Maybe we should send him our address and ask what he really thinks.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sun 21 Nov 2010, 13:33

If there was one person left on earth that gave a dead rats tossbag in hell what the Melbourne (or Sydney) SPFSP thought about anything, that person would be Red, who would need to read about it in the aforementioned fish-wrappers before she knew his/her/its arse was on fire.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8816
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 21 Nov 2010, 20:16

Red wrote:Someone has to replace Mrs Hodge now that Brad has retired. And Warnie' mother has put away the pills.

Aussie parents seem to embrace the ugly parent syndrome better than most, though I've heard rants from Herschelle Gibb's old man in the past.

Who is Herschelle Gibb? The missing Bee Gee?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 22 Nov 2010, 00:34

lardbucket wrote:
Red wrote:Someone has to replace Mrs Hodge now that Brad has retired. And Warnie' mother has put away the pills.

Who is Herschelle Gibb? The missing Bee Gee?

He would be the one that could sing then!
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 22 Nov 2010, 01:29

Missing, yes, Bee Gee, uncertain.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 22 Nov 2010, 03:33

Gibbs' mantra would be: "Bee Geed to yourself".
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 22 Nov 2010, 03:39

Steal another coat
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 22 Nov 2010, 03:43

I vote that we make Mrs Hodge, Mrs Johnson and Mr Hauritz the NSP.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Mon 22 Nov 2010, 06:27

Gibbs' mum is pretty scary, too... shoot
mynah
mynah

Another addition to the ugly parent cricket files APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 22 Nov 2010, 07:13

skully wrote:I vote that we make Mrs Hodge, Mrs Johnson and Mr Hauritz the NSP.

SLee could the full time selector...Tubby and K snr to be the alternating chairs
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 22 Nov 2010, 19:39

Acoustic, or electric?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down