Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dalrymple quits cricket.

+7
Brass Monkey
tac
embee
DJ_Smerk
Merlin
eowyn
JKLever
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dalrymple quits cricket. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dalrymple quits cricket.

Post by Merlin Fri 23 Nov 2007, 16:53

You certainly have a way with words you nefarious cobbler...
... but my late mother would balk at you calling her son injudicious!
"Of all the damned cheek ... who is this cyber wimp who plays the big "I am" from behind the safety of his taplop" .... she'd say!!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 23 Nov 2007, 16:58

Whats a taplop?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 23 Nov 2007, 16:59

JKLever wrote:Whats a taplop?
switch the t with the l ....

Essex man .... pfft Rolling Eyes

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by THICKEDGE Fri 23 Nov 2007, 17:31

Dalrymple must be a good county signing. He is quite good with bat and ball and has almost no chance of an England recall.

Ian Salisbury is a bad county signing. He does have no chance of an England call but can't bowl two consequetive balls within a foot of each other.
THICKEDGE
THICKEDGE

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 23 Nov 2007, 17:55

THICKEDGE wrote:Dalrymple must be a good county signing. He is quite good with bat and ball and has almost no chance of an England recall.

Quick .... hide .... Fink's gonna have appoplexy any minute now !!

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Fri 23 Nov 2007, 18:33

To be fair he's actually put in a good half-dozen or so ODI performances for England- which is more than the entire Northants team put together has.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Fri 23 Nov 2007, 18:44

Is there a new ECB initiative to allocate the sh!ttest England players to the sh!ttest counties? First Clarke to Derby now Dalrymple to Glamorgan. Who's next? I propose Saj Mahmood to Gloucester and Mike Yardy to Leicester. They'll really help them to achieve mediocrity in style.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 23 Nov 2007, 18:50

Merlin wrote:You certainly have a way with words you nefarious cobbler...
"Of all the damned cheek ... who is this cyber wimp who plays the big "I am" from behind the safety of his taplop" .... she'd say!!

Pffft, I'd say it to your grill. In fact I'd have reminded you a helluva lot more times if it went into thin air rather than the annals of the forum.

He was ginch, you went incredibly cyclops cyclops cyclops about him, the sedate paddy and AJS's whole tournament. It was risable at the very best.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 23 Nov 2007, 18:54

Eric Air Emu wrote:To be fair he's actually put in a good half-dozen or so ODI performances for England- which is more than the entire Northants team put together has.

Well. No. Not really Tom. Monty's trsutable for 10 overs. Banker on economy. 4.5. Dalrymple was primarily there for his bowling. He could barely be trusted for 5. Better average, economy and S/R as well. Funny that.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 23 Nov 2007, 20:59

Batfink Begins wrote:
Merlin wrote:You certainly have a way with words you nefarious cobbler...

Pffft, I'd say it to your grill. In fact I'd have reminded you a helluva lot more times if it went into thin air rather than the annals of the forum.

He was ginch, you went incredibly cyclops cyclops cyclops about him, the sedate paddy and AJS's whole tournament. It was risable at the very best.

Only to myopic cynics like you Fink.
Like errrr... it's not like the rest of the England mob did "exceptionally well" in the WC!!!!
FFS ... spit the hook out, unhook the line and move on !

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Sat 24 Nov 2007, 14:27

Batfink Begins wrote:
Eric Air Emu wrote:To be fair he's actually put in a good half-dozen or so ODI performances for England- which is more than the entire Northants team put together has.

Well. No. Not really Tom. Monty's trsutable for 10 overs. Banker on economy. 4.5. Dalrymple was primarily there for his bowling. He could barely be trusted for 5. Better average, economy and S/R as well. Funny that.

Dalrymple was there as an all-rounder and even managed to notch a couple of 50s in his career. I believe Monty's still waiting for his maiden international 50...

Decent fielder as well- remember a flying one handed catch at point when England won that series in Australia. Sure Monty would have grabbed that one...

The 'rymple, limited as he might be, is still better than the entire Northants team when it comes to ODIs.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 25 Nov 2007, 12:42

Eric Air Emu wrote:

The 'rymple, limited as he might be, is still better than the entire Northants team when it comes to ODIs.

Blindfolded AND with his right hand tied behind his back ....

Nuff said.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 26 Nov 2007, 12:16

Bullshit. We've already established who the better bowler is and who, although an 'all-rounder', should be able to be trusted to display such 'all-roundness'. Furthermore, for a batsman to come in at 6 and 7 for nearly all his matches, to get two 50s and average sub-20 is ghastly. And considering Northants are getting berated by some Middx cheese-cleaner and a superscillious Slurryite I'd personally hush my mouth, bar last year we finish 3rd, 2nd and joint 1st before we got relegated so two sh1thouse sides full of one-day ignominy in that period it's hardly the credentials to be willy-waving over.

p.s. at least we provide a player or two with some dynamism. Oh, and Surrey? so sh1t the absolutely clamoured for a Northants batsman. So desperate that after they acquired one, they practically begged the other one three times to join. He told them to do one as he didn't want some limp-wristed, frizzy ginger gnome cooing on the sidelines.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 26 Nov 2007, 12:22

Against Sri Lanka in the ODI's last year, Dalrymple looked half decent. Probably the only ray of light in what was a complete shambles of a series for England. Didn't kick on, though...
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Tue 27 Nov 2007, 14:10

Batfink Begins wrote:Bullshit. We've already established who the better bowler is and who, although an 'all-rounder', should be able to be trusted to display such 'all-roundness'. Furthermore, for a batsman to come in at 6 and 7 for nearly all his matches, to get two 50s and average sub-20 is ghastly. And considering Northants are getting berated by some Middx cheese-cleaner and a superscillious Slurryite I'd personally hush my mouth, bar last year we finish 3rd, 2nd and joint 1st before we got relegated so two sh1thouse sides full of one-day ignominy in that period it's hardly the credentials to be willy-waving over.

p.s. at least we provide a player or two with some dynamism. Oh, and Surrey? so sh1t the absolutely clamoured for a Northants batsman. So desperate that after they acquired one, they practically begged the other one three times to join. He told them to do one as he didn't want some limp-wristed, frizzy ginger gnome cooing on the sidelines.

It's not the biggest challenge to wind you up...

For the record Monty is only a slightly better bowler in one dayers (his economy rate is only 0.29 per over than Dalrymples and both average in the 40s). Averaging about 20 coming in a seven-ish in the slog overs is by no means ghastly in the real world, especially compared with Monty's average of five. Dalrymple still wins the fielding battle as well.

Aafzaal was a product of Notts btw.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 28 Nov 2007, 12:13

Eric Air Emu wrote:It's not the biggest challenge to wind you up...

For the record Monty is only a slightly better bowler in one dayers (his economy rate is only 0.29 per over than Dalrymples and both average in the 40s). Averaging about 20 coming in a seven-ish in the slog overs is by no means ghastly in the real world, especially compared with Monty's average of five. Dalrymple still wins the fielding battle as well.

Aafzaal was a product of Notts btw.

Wound up? To an extent, moreso dumbfounded that a bloke who supports such a sh1te team with a bunch of defunkt players surrounding one outstanding one could make any comments.

If you don't reckon his average of 20 is ghastly then fair do's. I'd like a little more from my number 6 personally. As for his bowling, facts are he couldn't be trusted for even 5 overs.

Putting it back into context anyway, the comments about him arose from merleen's crazy willy-waving about his, and other Middx boys, performances in the CB series - which were dross.

As for Afzaal being a Notts boy, I see you fail to mention that probably the two best domestic players in their field - opening the batting and being a spinning all-rounder (or just spinner full-stop) - Swann and Loye, are Northants products. It makes you look like a ginger, cleft-palated titwank. As does Surrey's constant tapping up of Sales as they're desperate to become at least a two man team.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Wed 28 Nov 2007, 17:22

Crumbs- beware the hardcore Northants fan. If I ever find myself watching Northants I'll be watching out for their solitary fan with his thermos, tartan blanket, and bag full of decapitated heads.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2007, 22:14

Batfink Begins wrote:It makes you look like a ginger, cleft-palated titwank.

He is a bit ginger as I recall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2