Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams

+5
Hass
taipan
Brass Monkey
Big Dog
Zat
9 posters

Go down

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams Empty Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams

Post by Zat Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:44 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/521049.html

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams Empty Re: Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams

Post by Big Dog Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Good stuff..... aces
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams Empty Re: Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Two too many, unless they actually just cut down the schedule...
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Looks like 2 groups of 7 again.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 pm

FFS. These F#@%ing numpties can't get anything F#@%ing right... ever!

Not giving the associates a chance to qualify was ridiculous. Responding to all the warranted criticism by swinging back the other way is even more ridiculous. This year's format sucked giant donkey balls and ended up being a success despite itself.

Why couldn't they have gone for 12 teams and a Top 6 or heaven forbid, semi-finals?

And what's this BS?

"As earlier reported, some Members believe the stretch to 14 teams is part of a deal to build support for the last major issue for discussion at the conference: scrapping the rotation policy for the appointment of the ICC president. "

Since when is the format of the World Cup supposed to be a bargaining chip for political crap like this? Oh, this is the ICC - I forgot.

Can't these douches ever look at a problem and make the right decision? You'd think they'd stumble upon the right format by accident one day with all the compromising they make. I swear they must go out of their way to F#@% things up!

Hass

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Hass wrote:FFS. These F#@%ing numpties can't get anything F#@%ing right... ever!

Not giving the associates a chance to qualify was ridiculous. Responding to all the warranted criticism by swinging back the other way is even more ridiculous. This year's format sucked giant donkey balls and ended up being a success despite itself.

Why couldn't they have gone for 12 teams and a Top 6 or heaven forbid, semi-finals?

And what's this BS?

"As earlier reported, some Members believe the stretch to 14 teams is part of a deal to build support for the last major issue for discussion at the conference: scrapping the rotation policy for the appointment of the ICC president. "

Since when is the format of the World Cup supposed to be a bargaining chip for political crap like this? Oh, this is the ICC - I forgot.

Can't these douches ever look at a problem and make the right decision? You'd think they'd stumble upon the right format by accident one day with all the compromising they make. I swear they must go out of their way to F#@% things up!

Steady on Hass. We ARE talking about the ICC afterall.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:04 pm

2 sections of 6 then semi finals. Easy.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Aye, or if they wanted to ponce it, three 4's and a supersix. Instead it's the poor, poor format of last time.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Big Dog wrote:
Steady on Hass. We ARE talking about the ICC afterall.

I know, but in a weak naive moment I managed to drop my guard and get my hopes up - unforgivable I know.

Hass

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Yeah idiots. 12 is ideal. The ICC are truly, truly incompetent.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:42 pm

I think they've got this completely right, although I reckon another 14 teams to take it to 28 would have been good. Then I'd have had one group of 28 with everyone playing each other twice. Then I'd have split it down to one group of 14 with everyone playing each other twice. The top 10 go through to the first knockout stage, five games, with the five winners going through to the ultimate eliminator group stage. The ultimate eliminator group stage sees everyone play each other twice with the top four going through to the two-legged semi-finals. The final would be a seven-match ODI series. The tournament would only last about a year and nobody would be able to argue that the ultimate winner was not the ultimate winner.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Chivalry Augustus wrote:I think they've got this completely right, although I reckon another 14 teams to take it to 28 would have been good. Then I'd have had one group of 28 with everyone playing each other twice. Then I'd have split it down to one group of 14 with everyone playing each other twice. The top 10 go through to the first knockout stage, five games, with the five winners going through to the ultimate eliminator group stage. The ultimate eliminator group stage sees everyone play each other twice with the top four going through to the two-legged semi-finals. The final would be a seven-match ODI series. The tournament would only last about a year and nobody would be able to argue that the ultimate winner was not the ultimate winner.

And the added benefit of wiping out the IPL.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:51 pm

taipan wrote:
Chivalry Augustus wrote:I think they've got this completely right, although I reckon another 14 teams to take it to 28 would have been good. Then I'd have had one group of 28 with everyone playing each other twice. Then I'd have split it down to one group of 14 with everyone playing each other twice. The top 10 go through to the first knockout stage, five games, with the five winners going through to the ultimate eliminator group stage. The ultimate eliminator group stage sees everyone play each other twice with the top four going through to the two-legged semi-finals. The final would be a seven-match ODI series. The tournament would only last about a year and nobody would be able to argue that the ultimate winner was not the ultimate winner.

Not quite. My ICC is currently in advanced negotiations to let IPL teams into our 28 team world cup. If there should be a conflict between national and IPL players (in terms of them having contracts with both), precedent shall naturally go to the IPL team. I shall bring you more news once the deal is signed. Initial reports that $millions are heading into my bank account to ensure this happens are very true.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Chivalry Augustus wrote:
taipan wrote:

Not quite. My ICC is currently in advanced negotiations to let IPL teams into our 28 team world cup. If there should be a conflict between national and IPL players (in terms of them having contracts with both), precedent shall naturally go to the IPL team. I shall bring you more news once the deal is signed. Initial reports that $millions are heading into my bank account to ensure this happens are very true.

Good move Lalit.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:20 am

The schedule can be improved if only the ICC would sanction two games per day - that would shave a good two weeks off the competition.

That's plan A. Plan B would be to ask India who they would like to play in the final and fluck the others right off.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 am

Cricinfo reporting Associates IN for WC 2015 - 14 teams Plan-B1

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 am

Basil wrote:The schedule can be improved if only the ICC would sanction two games per day - that would shave a good two weeks off the competition.
With a bit of judicious scheduling, this shouldn't be a problem. Playing matches in NZ and WA on the same date there would be minimal overlap.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 am

Oh, even a day game in NZ, followed by a Day-Night match in Australia's eastern states wouldn't have a huge overlap between the fixtures as well.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down