Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!!

+12
Big Dog
taipan
Lara Lara Laughs
Fred Nerk
lardbucket
LeFromage
Basil
Henry
WideWally
PeterCS
Brass Monkey
Demelza
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!! Empty Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!!

Post by Demelza Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:32

He's making his heavyweight boxing debut this evening and getting some very negative comments about it on tv. Have to say, he looks a little out of place. Good luck, Freddie!

Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!! 157156824-1-252x337

http://news.sky.com/story/1018614/freddie-flintoff-admits-boxing-bout-nerves
Demelza
Demelza

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-05-13
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!! Empty Re: Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!!

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:49

My old boy pointed out his lack of pecs and smallish shoulders. He was right, he needs to ox up a bit. Looking proper svelte, though. Probably the best shape he's been in.

As I said, in the other thread, I've seen him a bit, too slow. Slow hands, no footwork. All-in-all, a bit of a strange career move.

He's obviously missing cricket.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!! Empty Re: Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!!

Post by PeterCS Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:50

Madness.

As is boxing.

Even Dan seems to disapprove.

But a man has to bump up his pension somehow. Especially if he has to retire early.

Good luck to him. I hope they have lined up an absolute stiff against him.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:51

As Danny says (and as a Lank with even more feeling):

I wish he had conducted his cricket career in that shape. Especially the first 6 years or so.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:52

Voice Over
What is he like in the ring, this human dynamo, this
eighteen-stone bantam weight battering-ram? We asked his sparring
partner and one-time childhood sweetheart, Maureen Spencer.

Cut to medium close-up of Maureen, very busty in boxing gear and sparring helmet.
Maureen
Well, I think that if Freddie keeps his right up, gets in
with the left jab and takes the fight to his man - well, he should go
for a cut eye in the third and put Wilcox on the canvas by six.

She goes back to sparring and we see it is she who is hitting the punchbag. Remaining on her we hear the voice over.
Voice Over
Freddie's opponent in Tuesday's fight is Petula Wilcox, the Birmingham girl who was a shorthand typist before turning pro in 2008. (Cut
to typical teenage girl's bedside. Pin-ups of popstars on the walls.
Teddy bears on the bed and gonks. Petula Wilcox is sitting up on the
bed knitting.)
She's keen on knitting and likes Cliff Richard records. How does she rate her chances against Freddie?
Petula
(Connie Booth)
Well, I'm a southpaw and I think this will confuse him, particularly with his brain problem.

Cut to the ring. Floodlight. The night of the big fight. Murmur of a
huge crowd. Excitement, cigar smoke rising in front of the camera.
Bustle of activity all around. In medium close-up the master of
ceremonies walks out into the middle of the ring, and takes the
microphone.

Master of Ceremonies
My lords, ladies and gedderbong... On my right, from the town of Preston in the county of Lancashire, the heavyweight... (unintelligible) Mr Freddie Flintoff... (applause, cut to Freddie's corner; Freddie raises his arms above his head) and on my left! Miss Petula Wilcox.

SUPERIMPOSED CAPTION: ROUND 1

For the first time we see Petula dance out into the middle of the
ring, frail and lovely in a white muslin dress, with a bow in her hair
and boxing gloves. The referee bring them together, cautions them and
then they separate. The bell goes. As speeded-up as we can manage and
with the same stupendous sound effects as for all-in cricket, Freddie belts
the hell out of Petula. While this goes on, we hear a few voice overs.

Colonel Type
I think boxing's a splendid sport - teaches you self-defense.
Critic
Obviously boxing must have its limits, but providing
they're both perfectly fit I can see nothing wrong with one healthy man
beating the living daylights out of a little schoolgirl.

WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9700
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 30 Nov 2012, 15:56

Noice, as usual, Lord Wallington. Cool
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 30 Nov 2012, 16:27

Ironic that he's fighting a bloke named Richard Dawson. It's like some sort of 2002-03 Ashes bust up.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri 30 Nov 2012, 19:55

I can't take this seriously - whatever next: Will Ricky Hatton suddenly discover a talent for bowling leg-breaks?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 30 Nov 2012, 23:31

Smashed him.

Knocked down in round 2, meaning a minimum 10-8 round, yet Flintoff still somehow managed to get a 39/38 points decision to win his four-round bitch slapping. Which, by my maths, means he had to win all three other rounds. Erm, and get an 11 in one of them.

Nicely rigged.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 01 Dec 2012, 01:19

>>>

(Cut to a hospital ward. Numerous doctors and nurses are listening to the radio.)

Radio Voice: (Michael) And there's Frank Sinatra leaving the ring. Behind him is George Raft, another great boxing fan, Martin Bormann, acknowledging the applause, and with him of course is Gus Himmler, who did an awful lot for the sport in his country in the early 1940s. And here comes the Champ now and he seems in good shape to meet the Killer once again. Before an audience, some of them will have paid $920,000 million for the privilege of seeing this boy get beaten up. And there's the bell.

Patient: (Having a heart attack on the bed in the corner) Aaatghhh!

All: Quiet!!

Radio Voice: And a left and a right and a right jab that's taken the Champ's shoulder off. And here's the Killer again with a right and another left and a bash with a hammer and a terrific smack with a heavy thud right into the skull and there's a gaping hole right through the Champ's body now. And now the Killer's working on the cut eye with a series of beautifully placed punches and the head's coming loose. (the doctors and nurses getting increasingly excited) The Champ must try and keep his head on. The Killer's kicked him in the groin and he's bitten half his left buttock off and the referee's stepped in with a warning there. What a plucky fighter this Champ is. He's fighting as well as I've ever seen him. Must be losing blood at a rate of a pint a second now. It's everywhere. Certainly those who paid one and a half million dollars for those ringside seats are really getting their money's worth. They're covered in it. And his head's off! (everyone cheers) His head that's come off in so many fights is off in the thirty-first second. It's rolled away down to the left ... but what's happening? The Killer's being talked to by the referee. There's the Champ ... plucky little body racing around the ring, trying to find his opponent. And the Killer has been disqualified. (pandemonium breaks out in the ward - some patients cheering, doctors thumping them in disagreement) He's been disqualfied ... this great fighter who has killed more than twenty people in his career has at last been defeated by this courageous headless little southpaw from New York. And there's a great roar here as the referee raises the arm of the new World Heavyweight Champion. What a pity the rest of his body wasn't there to see it. (general disappointment; someone changes channels)

<<<

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38088
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 01 Dec 2012, 01:35

Henry wrote:Ironic that he's fighting a bloke named Richard Dawson. It's like some sort of 2002-03 Ashes bust up.

Not THAT RD, silly - the RD that played Cpl Newkirk in 'Hogan's Heroes' in the 70s.

The loser fights Anthony Mundine next.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8810
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sat 01 Dec 2012, 02:00

I guess a number Aussie fans will be hoping that Brett Lee follows suit.

And draws either of the Klitschkos.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sat 01 Dec 2012, 04:13

Bit chinny too. Needs more muscle.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sat 01 Dec 2012, 12:59

Dello wrote:Smashed him.

Knocked down in round 2, meaning a minimum 10-8 round, yet Flintoff still somehow managed to get a 39/38 points decision to win his four-round bitch slapping. Which, by my maths, means he had to win all three other rounds. Erm, and get an 11 in one of them.

Nicely rigged.

I didn't see it but a knock down is not an automatic 10-8.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 01 Dec 2012, 13:33

For Freddie's sake, I hope this is a one-off publicity stunt. No matter how much of a twat he has become since the 2005 Ashes, I would be distraught to hear he's been permanently brain damaged or even killed attempting to bite off more than he can chew.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 01 Dec 2012, 14:42

Brain damage?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 01 Dec 2012, 20:38

The guy he fought looks like a total hack. Flintoff also punches like a girl with a kind of slapping motion. A half decent boxer would have killed him.

Watch the first couple of rounds, if you can bare it.

Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 01 Dec 2012, 22:49

Taking up boxing has meant Freddie's nose has already been knocked into a different shape. Yep, good stunt Freddie, now give it up.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Demelza Sun 02 Dec 2012, 06:56

His movements (particularly his legs) reminded me of Jerry Lewis in this boxing scene . . .

Demelza
Demelza

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 02 Dec 2012, 07:18

Demelza wrote:His movements (particularly his legs) reminded me of Jerry Lewis in this boxing scene . . .

Brilliant Laughing
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Sun 02 Dec 2012, 08:14

Henry wrote:No matter how much of a twat he has become since the 2005 Ashes, I would be distraught to hear he's been permanently brain damaged.

How would you tell?
mynah
mynah

Freddie . . . What are you doing?!!! APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 17:54

Very Happy

He punches like a blacksmith hitting an anvil, crossed with a woman's slap, crossed with a vague shot-put action.

Thing is, to prove it's not a publicity stunt, he has to fight at least once more...

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 13 Dec 2022, 23:46

Hope he's OK...

Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff hurt in Top Gear accident

Top Gear presenter Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff has been hurt in an accident while filming for the BBC show.
He received medical care at the scene before being taken to hospital for further treatment.
The incident happened at Top Gear's test track at Dunsfold Park Aerodrome in Surrey.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening and a BBC spokesperson said details would be confirmed "in due course".
It is understood that the accident did not happen at high speed.
The former England cricketer was involved in a scare while filming a Top Gear drag race in September 2019.
On that occasion he ran out of runway while driving a three-wheeled motorised trike at Elvington Airfield near York - he walked away unharmed from that incident.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 14 Dec 2022, 22:10

Still no specific details, but reading into the reports I do get the impression he might have suffered life-changing, even if not life-threatening, injuries. Hopefully that’s not the case and he can make a full recovery from whatever’s happened.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 26 Jan 2023, 04:54

PeterCS wrote:Madness.

As is boxing.

Even Dan seems to disapprove.

But a man has to bump up his pension somehow. Especially if he has to retire early.

Good luck to him. I hope they have lined up an absolute stiff against him.

Hopefully it's Jesus, or someone else that he's better than.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38088
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next