Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O/T: SOooooo.... Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr Who. Views?

+2
Gary 111
PeterCS
6 posters

Go down

O/T: SOooooo.... Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr Who. Views? Empty O/T: SOooooo.... Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr Who. Views?

Post by PeterCS Tue 06 Aug 2013, 21:47

Peter Capaldi. ~ Inspired choice, surely?

But could make it interesting.

To a pair of daleks: "Ah, Laurel and fukcing Hardy! Glad you could join us. Did you manage to get that piano up the stairs ok?"

Warning: Not necessarily suitable for work. Or kids.

PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

O/T: SOooooo.... Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr Who. Views? Empty Re: O/T: SOooooo.... Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr Who. Views?

Post by Gary 111 Wed 07 Aug 2013, 00:34

I struggle to see past Malcolm Tucker at the moment. But its good they've gone for an older actor and I can seem him bringing a darker edge. Maybe a return to the very first incarnation where he could be more of an anti-hero?
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : eng

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

O/T: SOooooo.... Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr Who. Views? Empty Re: O/T: SOooooo.... Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr Who. Views?

Post by lardbucket Thu 08 Aug 2013, 03:16

I hope he treats his side-kicks nicely.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 08 Aug 2013, 05:50

It will be interesting. I haven't enjoyed the past couple of series that much.

I see the 50th anniversary special is out in November. Sadly enough I can clearly recall watching the first eposode.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 08 Aug 2013, 08:54

I'm not quite that old but I was shocked to hear that this is the 12th (or maybe 11th) Doctor but that Tom Baker was only the 3rd!

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 08 Aug 2013, 08:58

The 12th. The trouble is that the series is running out of regenerations.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 08 Aug 2013, 09:04

taipan wrote:It will be interesting. I haven't enjoyed the past couple of series that much.

I see the 50th anniversary special is out in November. Sadly enough I can clearly recall watching the first eposode.

This one?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 08 Aug 2013, 09:06

taipan wrote:It will be interesting. I haven't enjoyed the past couple of series that much.

Me too. I think it first aired in Aust in 1964 with William Hartnell as the first Doctor & i was in first year high school.Rolling Eyes 
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 08 Aug 2013, 09:15

lardbucket wrote:

This one?

Yeah, vaguely familiar. Of the course the part I recall the best was when they first saw inside the TARDIS.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 08 Aug 2013, 09:16

I was 5. I have only hazy memories, mostly of the back of the couch! I am impressed that taips has such a clear recollection.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 08 Aug 2013, 09:22

Well obviously couldn't remember dialogue, but clearly recollect the first two companions being Susan's teachers and her being the granddaughter.

I would have 6 at the time so it must have made an impression
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down