Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team...

+6
Brass Monkey
eowyn
Henry
taipan
lardbucket
Gary 111
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team... - Page 2 Empty Re: What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team...

Post by PeterCS Sun 11 Aug 2013, 23:09

Dello wrote:
eowyn wrote:It's hard attach Cork legs to Brezzie's bum...

What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team... - Page 2 Monste11
Whoazers. I don't know what I'm looking at.
Can you make 5 of these, to tour Oz?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team... - Page 2 Empty Re: What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team...

Post by beamer Sun 11 Aug 2013, 23:19

Dello wrote:
Basil wrote:
beamer wrote:Well, Anderson and Broad are certainties, Tremlett and Finn will be seen as suited to Australia's bouncier pitches. How many seamers do they usually take, 5 or 6? Can't see Onions being on the plane and the younger candidates are some way off.
I'm sure it was six last time round, including Shazhad who I think we can agree will just miss out this time round! I think one of the younger bowlers will go and I think it will be either Overton or Jordan. Mills might be quick, but he doesn't appear to do anything with the ball and I think his stamina is suspect if England's warm-up game is anything to go by.
I've got a vague idea Shahzad was a late call up to make up the numbers for a tour game and they just kept him on.

Bresnan will tour. He's the new Giles. England never leave home without him.
Future England coach, picking crap Yorkshire players by the dozen?

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 11 Aug 2013, 23:22

beamer wrote:
Dello wrote:
Basil wrote:
beamer wrote:Well, Anderson and Broad are certainties, Tremlett and Finn will be seen as suited to Australia's bouncier pitches. How many seamers do they usually take, 5 or 6? Can't see Onions being on the plane and the younger candidates are some way off.
I'm sure it was six last time round, including Shazhad who I think we can agree will just miss out this time round! I think one of the younger bowlers will go and I think it will be either Overton or Jordan. Mills might be quick, but he doesn't appear to do anything with the ball and I think his stamina is suspect if England's warm-up game is anything to go by.
I've got a vague idea Shahzad was a late call up to make up the numbers for a tour game and they just kept him on.

Bresnan will tour. He's the new Giles. England never leave home without him.
Future England coach, picking crap Yorkshire players by the dozen?
Gets the freedom of Halifax bestowed on him (Gilo has been made a freeman of Droitwich!)
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 12 Aug 2013, 00:15

Basil wrote:This post might look quite foolish by this time tomorrow  if, Brezzie has belted a run-a-ball 50 and taken 5-30, but I think his place for the winter tour is in jeopardy as he's certainly not the bowler he was on the last tour to Oz.
I don't think he's ever been that bowler. He's just a steady Eddie who bowled a couple of good spells.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Aug 2013, 00:49

Brez did well - against most expectations - in Oz 2010-11.

Which creates perhaps misleading goodwill in his favour.

He was whanging it down a bit faster then, too.

Just checked:

Played 2 Tests

MCG - 2-25 / 13 & 4-50 / 21.4 - decisive input in the win as a bowler (tho only 4 in his one innings with the bat)

SCG - 3-89 / 30 & 2-51 / 18 - important input in the win as a bowler (plus 35, in his one innings with the bat)

Last edited by PeterCS on Mon 12 Aug 2013, 01:11; edited 1 time in total
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Aug 2013, 00:57

The bionic arm is not very much in evidence.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 12 Aug 2013, 02:36

His stats in first class cricket over a 10 year career have been pretty ordinary, really. Considering he's bowled a lot at Headingley, with conditions often in his favour. An average above 30 and a strike rate close to 60 isn't really the numbers of a bower who is penetrative enough to cut the mustard at the top level.

As has been mentioned, he's been living off those two tests in the Ashes for a long time. Hopefully they recognise that Stokes is a better all round cricketer with more scope for improvement and they start picking him instead.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:07

Well woofed Henry.

Brass Monkey wrote:
Henry wrote:Vital runs these from Bresnan. His best test innings to date.
Easily. By country miles. Was going to post it on that desperado Bresnan thread, but here'll do.
No, got to be here too.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:09

Well done, Gaz. Bionic Bum must read the forum.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:14

I am wondering if the Bionic Bum has earned an eowyn grope yet.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:17

Is it time to name him Tim Bwesnan yet?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:24

Woofed him...
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:26

BOLLOX!
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:29

Pete - you done AF'd Bwesnan. F'd him bullseye in the A.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:39

I am truly sorry. It was your invitation to have him on the Jonathan Ross show that really did for him though.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:46

It wasn't me! It was Gawy. Fwom Yowkshire.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Aug 2013, 12:50

You and him both mate. You and him both.

Aren't you the same person, anyway? "Gary", your Northern alter ego?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 12 Aug 2013, 13:01

My alter ego is Arthur Scargill. An' this time it's personal.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 12 Aug 2013, 13:14

I thought you were more

What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team... - Page 2 531856_524546550897994_1397552505_n

grass roots.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Tue 13 Aug 2013, 01:01

eowyn wrote:Well done, Gaz. Bionic Bum must read the forum.
Aye, the bum done good.

It was a really good spell, and a fine knock.

I still worry his bowling isn't incisive enough for a four man attack. He's capable of a good spell here and there but match figures of 3/99 on a pitch tailor made for him isn't exceptional.

On the other hand, he's got cojones. Crucial wicket of Warner and his greatest ever performance came in the biggest game of his life, called up from nowhere to play in front of 100,000 people in England's most important Test of the last 8 years. The dilemma between him and Finn is Finn has all the talent and Bresnan all the heart.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 13 Aug 2013, 01:37

Gary 111 wrote:
The dilemma between him and Finn is Finn has all the talent and Bresnan all the heart.
And Bresnan can run through the crease without barrelling into the stumps like an inebriated giraffe on ice.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 13 Aug 2013, 05:41

PeterCS wrote:I thought you were more

What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team... - Page 2 531856_524546550897994_1397552505_n

grass roots.
Is that Chappelli???
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 13 Aug 2013, 05:44

And yeah, yesterday Bresnan showed why England like him so much. And yes, I admit the man has stones. But talent is something that you either have or you don't. He deserves to play at the Oval...probably deserves to go to Australia in the Ashes squad. But under normal circumstances, you wouldn't say he's one of England's top three pacemen.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:44

Never doubted him.

Seriously, such up and down stories are a good example of why it's a bit bananas to call a player SHIT. Or for that matter, laud them to the skies like an old-fashioned pubescent schoolgirl.

Few players are total crap, in all circumstances, for all time. Also few are heroes from start to finish, without a flaw, without a flop.

You have to assess 'em case for case, in the round.

Speaking of in the round, .... no better boy than Brez.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 13 Aug 2013, 12:50

I take the whole 'shit' thing was for me.

What I actually said was:

Brass Monkey wrote:What Tim Bresnan brings to the England team... ?

Very rarely gets important runs.

Cannot be trusted for penetrative bowling within a four-man attack. Easily the worst bowler on show thus far.

Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next