Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well played Darren (it is Darren, isn't it?) Pattinson

+6
DJ_Smerk
Brass Monkey
furriner
Chivalry Augustus
JKLever
bliksem
10 posters

Go down

Well played Darren (it is Darren, isn't it?) Pattinson Empty Well played Darren (it is Darren, isn't it?) Pattinson

Post by bliksem Mon 21 Jul 2008, 18:36

The subject of overwhelming scorn and derision over the last 4 days, he only did what everyone posting here would love to do given half a chance. At least now he can say he played Test cricket and even has some runs and wickets to his name. That's certainly more than any of us could ever claim. And he was hardly the worst player on the field. He took more wickets than Flintoff or Broad and scored the same amount of runs as Michael Vaughan. So there.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Well played Darren (it is Darren, isn't it?) Pattinson Empty Re: Well played Darren (it is Darren, isn't it?) Pattinson

Post by JKLever Mon 21 Jul 2008, 18:37

No, we can't play him in the next test.

Go away.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Well played Darren (it is Darren, isn't it?) Pattinson Empty Re: Well played Darren (it is Darren, isn't it?) Pattinson

Post by bliksem Mon 21 Jul 2008, 18:39

I hear for the next Test England will be fielding a young boy in a wheelchair with half a bladder. He won it as a prize on a game show.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Mon 21 Jul 2008, 18:39

Next time I'm down at Trent Bridge, I shall certainly give him a pat on the back. Tried his best, not good enough, too Australian, et cetera, but has come out of this Test with figures that are no worse than anybody else. No damage done to his reputation; he probably didn't have one before this. He's now a worldwide name even if not necessarily in the way he would have liked.

Soon, he'll be back to the easy pickings that the County Championship has offered him so far, and I'm grateful for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a ODI in the future, but that's about the best he can hope for, I should think - I'd personally rather see him playing for Nottinghamshire seeing how England have stolen nearly all our bowlers already.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Well played Darren (it is Darren, isn't it?) Pattinson Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 21 Jul 2008, 18:40

bliksem wrote:I hear for the next Test England will be fielding a young boy in a wheelchair with half a bladder. He won it as a prize on a game show.

The wheelchair or the bladder?
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 21 Jul 2008, 18:43

Augustus wrote:Next time I'm down at Trent Bridge, I shall certainly give him a pat on the back. Tried his best, not good enough, too Australian, et cetera, but has come out of this Test with figures that are no worse than anybody else. No damage done to his reputation; he probably didn't have one before this. He's now a worldwide name even if not necessarily in the way he would have liked.

Soon, he'll be back to the easy pickings that the County Championship has offered him so far, and I'm grateful for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a ODI in the future, but that's about the best he can hope for, I should think - I'd personally rather see him playing for Nottinghamshire seeing how England have stolen nearly all our bowlers already.

I don't doubt for a minute he was giving his all out there... it's whether he should have been selected to do so is the gripe!
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 21 Jul 2008, 18:50

Oooh well done Pattinson. F*cking amazing and he's only bleieorging what we'd all shmemshmal.

Ribbie-dibbie-dibbie-doo-baa-day. Ribbie-dibbie-dibbie-doo-baa-day.

Ribbie-dibbie-dibbie-doo-baa-day.

Tings dem alright.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 21 Jul 2008, 19:03

bliksem wrote:I hear for the next Test England will be fielding a young boy in a wheelchair with half a bladder. He won it as a prize on a game show.

I didn't realise I was getting a test call up!?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 21 Jul 2008, 19:18

Not Pattinson's fault that he was the product of a deeply flawed decision making process. I'll eat my left arm if he plays another test though.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 21 Jul 2008, 19:25

Monty needs to bat at 11 I think. When Pattinson retires.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 21 Jul 2008, 20:34

DJ_Smerk wrote:Monty needs to bat at 11 I think. When Pattinson retires.

How Monty manages to bat above anyone, I don't know. He's clearly not as good as Anderson as batting (who he's often batted above), or even Pattinson. He's got a Test average of 5.85 FFS. How you can average that and not bat anywhere other than 11 I do not know.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 21 Jul 2008, 20:35

Struggling to think of any England batsman worse than Monty - even big Dev could slog the odd massive 6 now and then. And Tuffers had a bit of talent with the bat - he was just sh!t scared of fast bowling!
Gary 111
Gary 111

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 21 Jul 2008, 20:50

Pete Such
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 21 Jul 2008, 20:56

He once made a heroic duck that lasted about 2 hours once I think though (shame Ramps was at the other end podding the badge off it!)
Gary 111
Gary 111

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 21 Jul 2008, 21:18

Gary 111 wrote:
DJ_Smerk wrote:Monty needs to bat at 11 I think. When Pattinson retires.

How Monty manages to bat above anyone, I don't know. He's clearly not as good as Anderson as batting (who he's often batted above), or even Pattinson. He's got a Test average of 5.85 FFS. How you can average that and not bat anywhere other than 11 I do not know.
When he first came into the side he didn't look as bad as people made him out to be. But in recent times he's been in the Chris Martin league. These stats support that observation:

2006: 86 runs @ 10.75 (almost justifies being a number 10)
2007: 42 runs @ 4.60
2008: 36 runs @ 3.60

Anderson on the other hand I don't think has ever looked as bad a batsman as people made him out to be, and has clearly improved to the point where he can hold his own as a number 9/nightwatchman.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Mon 21 Jul 2008, 21:31

Jimmy Anderson knows he's not very good at batting. So he covers his stumps, is compact and tries to bat for his partner. That's why he has only been dismissed 15 times in 38 innings. He will play and miss outside off stump loads, but it will usually take a good ball to get him out (like Steyn's today).

Monty meanwhile, is probably just as naturally hopeless as Jimmy, but seems to inexpliacbly defend his first three balls then the first ball on the stumps he tries some expansive shot and gets bowled.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 21 Jul 2008, 23:41

Tuffers, Malcolm, Mullaly... three batsmen worse than Monty without any thought.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 22 Jul 2008, 00:00

At least we won't hear any more of Bothams 'bat Monty up the order' BS he was peddling for a couple of years...
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 22 Jul 2008, 00:11

JKLever wrote:At least we won't hear any more of Bothams 'bat Monty up the order' BS he was peddling for a couple of years...
Why? Has Botham retired?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 22 Jul 2008, 00:16

Well, that's quite a breakthrough.

Congratulations Buckaroo on being the first FBer to be chosen for Test cricket.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down