Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea

+7
Henry
PearlJ
Ash
JKLever
Geoffrey Trueman
tac
LeFromage
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea Empty Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea

Post by LeFromage Thu 20 Sep 2007, 00:29

Pushed, walked?

"Mutual consent" is the official line.

Sacked, then...

Last edited by on Thu 20 Sep 2007, 01:59; edited 2 times in total
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea Empty Re: Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea

Post by tac Thu 20 Sep 2007, 00:30

smuggled out by plainclothes police . . .?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea Empty Re: Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea

Post by Geoffrey Trueman Thu 20 Sep 2007, 00:30

Dello wrote:Pushed, walked?

My guess is that he walked knowing he was going to get pushed. It's the modern way.
Geoffrey Trueman
Geoffrey Trueman

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 20 Sep 2007, 00:32

But if he'd stayed long enough to get sacked he'd be entitled to megamillionsofpounds in compensation, no?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 20 Sep 2007, 00:36

Big news, I guess Romans pissed that his signings Ballack & Shev aren't regular starters under Mourinho
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoffrey Trueman Thu 20 Sep 2007, 00:41

Methinks he might be showing up at the Bridge some time soon to collect several Tesco shopping bags filled to the brim with filthy lucre.

That's money of course and not the body parts of Chelseas bald ex-centre forward/manager.
Geoffrey Trueman
Geoffrey Trueman

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 20 Sep 2007, 00:43

Said it on the I Want Frank Lampard's Babies thread, Roman's getting a bit naffed off with this football lark now.

He's going to cut and run soon enough, leaving Chelsea with a massive wage bill that they can't afford. And they'll do a Leeds.

Good times.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Thu 20 Sep 2007, 01:42

definitely a big loss to the premiership if true. a great manager and box office to boot. chelsea are going down now, a top 4 finish will be tough. cant blame roman for wanting free flowing football given the money he has spent to buy the supposedly best talents in the world. can see jose ending up at barca eventually
Ash
Ash

Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Thu 20 Sep 2007, 01:56

Sad to see such a character leave the Premiership, but on the positive side it looks like Chelsea will crash and burn now. Very Happy
PearlJ
PearlJ

Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoffrey Trueman Thu 20 Sep 2007, 01:57

Dello wrote:Roman's going to cut and run soon enough, leaving Chelsea with a massive wage bill that they can't afford. And they'll do a Leeds.

Good times.

Not if he installs Keegan as his next boss. They might win nack all but they'll be great to watch. Do you think Roman will settle for that?

I can understand Ambros frustration. Splashing that much cash it's not unreasonable to expect a tad more flair. But being realistic there's not many managers out there that you could rely on to assemble an 'uber' squad and get them to win their domestic league and the Champions League trophy every year.

I wonder how many rubles it would cost him to prise Wenger away from the Arse?

Anyway, more importantly, who do I replace my fantasy captain Ricky Ponting with? Younus Khan, who will be facing the Bangladeshi and NZ/Indian attacks in the next two games. Or Herschelle Gibbs, who'll be wielding his big heavy bat against India and Aus/SL?
Geoffrey Trueman
Geoffrey Trueman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Thu 20 Sep 2007, 02:23

Geoffrey Trueman wrote:
Anyway, more importantly, who do I replace my fantasy captain Ricky Ponting with? Younus Khan, who will be facing the Bangladeshi and NZ/Indian attacks in the next two games. Or Herschelle Gibbs, who'll be wielding his big heavy bat against India and Aus/SL?

gayan wijekoon. you heard it first here
Ash
Ash

Breaking News: Mourinho has left Chelsea MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 20 Sep 2007, 03:34

I heard Guus Hiddink's name linked with Chelsea as far back as last year. Wonder if Roman's $$$ can prise him away from the Russia job.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 20 Sep 2007, 08:46

Dello wrote:Said it on the I Want Frank Lampard's Babies thread, Roman's getting a bit naffed off with this football lark now.

He's going to cut and run soon enough, leaving Chelsea with a massive wage bill that they can't afford. And they'll do a Leeds.

Good times.
Happy times ahead ... I just can't wait for the implosion.

But I will miss the 'special one's' after-match interviews ... the canny observer, so eloquent in expression, such humility, so expressive .... such a twat.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 20 Sep 2007, 09:00

Merlin wrote:
Dello wrote:Said it on the I Want Frank Lampard's Babies thread, Roman's getting a bit naffed off with this football lark now.

Good times.
Happy times ahead ... I just can't wait for the implosion.

But I will miss the 'special one's' after-match interviews ... the canny observer, so eloquent in expression, such humility, so expressive .... such a twat.

Mmmmmm, we usually hate in others what we secretly despise in ourselves . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 20 Sep 2007, 09:04

tac wrote:

Mmmmmm, we usually hate in others what we secretly despise in ourselves . . .

Blimey - that's a bit profound - even for you tac me ol' son!
It took me 5 minutes to figure out what the hell you were on about.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 20 Sep 2007, 10:02

Avram Grant is set to be named as 'The Special One's' successor....

Yeah..... who??
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 20 Sep 2007, 10:39

I'm off to Corals to check the odds on the cloggie Guus Hoodwink dumping on Russia for Chelski fame and fortune.
Reckon the guy must be odds on to take the poisoned chalice.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Thu 20 Sep 2007, 12:30

This is sad really one of the better managers and made the EPL a brighter place, shame on Chelski the guy had one ordinary season so they boot him, hope they suffer big time because of this.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 20 Sep 2007, 12:33

Why is everyone calling him a great 'character'? He came across as a boring, sulking, holier than though, arrogant, "im never wrong" Portuguese tw*t to me.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 20 Sep 2007, 12:37

Makaveli wrote:This is sad really one of the better managers and made the EPL a brighter place, shame on Chelski the guy had one ordinary season so they boot him, hope they suffer big time because of this.

Errr, I think you'll find that he walked out of the club Mak.

Anyway, Chelski will never be better than a "better than average" PL side.
It took them 50 years to win their first championship - then a further 50 years to win their next one.

Their supporters are fickle (24K for the ECL match v Rosenborg) and their owner is a demanding sort who would like to see "more" value for his £250M investment - and who can blame him.

As far as Mourinho is concerned, I'd love to see how he'd manage a PL side on a budget of say £20M or less with clubs like Bolton and Wigan.
I personally doubt he'd cut the mustard ... charismatic he may be, egocentric, sometimes arrogant even, but to say he's 'done well' at Chelsea with all that talent and money at his disposable, is, frankly, taking pots at windmills.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Thu 20 Sep 2007, 12:41

Merlin wrote:
Makaveli wrote:This is sad really one of the better managers and made the EPL a brighter place, shame on Chelski the guy had one ordinary season so they boot him, hope they suffer big time because of this.

Errr, I think you'll find that he walked out of the club Mak.

Anyway, Chelse will never be better than an better than average PL side.
Took them 50 years to win a championship - then a further 50 years to win their next one.

Their supporters are fickle (24K for the ECL match v Rosenborg) and their owner is a demanding sort who would like to see "more" value for his £250M investment - and who can blame him.

As far as Mourinho is concerned, I'd love to see how he'd manage i the PL on a budget of £20M or less with clubs like Bolton and Wigan.
I personally doubt he'd cut the mustard ... charismatic he may be, egocentric even, but to say he's done well with all the talent and money at his disposable, is, frankly, taking pots at windmills.

I think he would do ok, rememeber this is the guy who won the CL with Porto, when guys like Wenger have never won and even Fergie has struggled to win.

I think there is more to it, he was more or less pushed out i doubt Roman made his life easy, because the team were definantly behind him, they loved him.

Last edited by on Thu 20 Sep 2007, 12:41; edited 1 time in total
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 20 Sep 2007, 12:41

Yep, RA's Isreali mate has the position full time!!!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 20 Sep 2007, 12:45

Im glad the this whole Chelsea rubbish proves that money doesnt always buy success. Not that they've really been unsuccesful. But they havent been in another league to the other teams by any means. Considering all the talent they have in their squad, they're extremely boring to watch. That may be Mourinho's fault. Give me Arsenal any day. They may not always win, but it's never dull.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Sep 2007, 21:43

Have you seen Seville's pink strip.
I really think it would look better with pink socks rather than black.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2007, 09:59

The Chelsea owner clearly wants yes men all around him and that was certainly something Mourinho never was or ever will be, he didn't need Chelsea.

He is a top manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next