Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't ask them about retirement, don't want an argument !!

+6
lardbucket
Batman
Vir_singh
philcric
SG
Josh Carney
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can't ask them about retirement, don't want an argument !! Empty Can't ask them about retirement, don't want an argument !!

Post by Josh Carney Thu 25 Sep 2008, 01:39

Sad state of affairs

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Can't ask them about retirement, don't want an argument !! Empty Re: Can't ask them about retirement, don't want an argument !!

Post by SG Thu 25 Sep 2008, 04:04

Like Anil (Kumble) did when retiring from ODIs," Shah said.
Niranjan Shah shows how much he actually knows about Indian cricket.

Kumble was hardly ever considered during his last 2-3 years in ODIs and hence out of compulsion and to save himself from further embarassment, he had to 'retire' from ODIs.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Can't ask them about retirement, don't want an argument !! Empty Re: Can't ask them about retirement, don't want an argument !!

Post by philcric Thu 25 Sep 2008, 07:54

A thread based on something Niranjan Shah said of all people Shocked

Josh,

What would be your XI for the first test against Aus ??
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Thu 25 Sep 2008, 08:06

A thread based on something Niranjan Shah said of all people
lol.Very Happy

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Thu 25 Sep 2008, 22:42

Chopra
Viru
Dravid (last two chances)
Kaif
VVS (last two goes)
Yusuf P / Badri
Dhoni
Z Khan
I Sharma
Anil K
Bhaji

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vir_singh Fri 26 Sep 2008, 17:34

Josh Carney wrote:Chopra
Viru
Kaif
VVS (last two goes)
Yusuf P / Badri
Dhoni
Z Khan
I Sharma
Anil K
Bhaji

Chopraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???????????

i see, still can't get over SRT, can you Razz

Vir_singh

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Fri 26 Sep 2008, 18:08

Vir_singh wrote:
Viru
Kaif
VVS (last two goes)
Yusuf P / Badri
Dhoni
Z Khan
I Sharma
Anil K
Bhaji

It took you so long to find us here? Taipan sure missed you so much. Now the epic quality of forumming will be back when you 2 get back in action.....
Laughing
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Vir_singh Fri 26 Sep 2008, 18:15

Taipan who??????? LoL, he is still around? too bad his Lara isn't around anymore.

what's going on with you? i have been out of the forum thing for a while, but yesterday for no reason went to the cricket 4 forum and saw everyone moved here, so came to visit and stay i guess. who else is around still, G2G now will post later. cya

Vir_singh

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Fri 26 Sep 2008, 19:54

Vir_singh wrote:Taipan who??????? LoL, he is still around? too bad his Lara isn't around anymore.

what's going on with you? i have been out of the forum thing for a while, but yesterday for no reason went to the cricket 4 forum and saw everyone moved here, so came to visit and stay i guess. who else is around still, G2G now will post later. cya

Me? Working, Freelancing. In between do some acting dubbing work, do some stageshows - standups full of mimicry and stuff. Search up my original Indian name on youtube and you will find I am internet celebrity of sorts with some of my videos from my shows.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Fri 26 Sep 2008, 19:56

Yeah and in between filled up for you and went toe to toe against Taipan a lot. Somwehere along the way the toes started hurting bad for both of us and so we kind of just decided to spare each other and the forum the agony and stopped sparring and spared each other.

batman
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 27 Sep 2008, 02:27

Viru
Kaif
VVS (last two goes)
Yusuf P / Badri
Dhoni
Z Khan
I Sharma
Anil K
Bhaji

why? He's been doing far better than Dravid, or even Tendulkar, recently, IIRC ...

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38071
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Sat 27 Sep 2008, 03:40

Vir_singh wrote:
Viru
Kaif
VVS (last two goes)
Yusuf P / Badri
Dhoni
Z Khan
I Sharma
Anil K
Bhaji

I include Chopra and your response links it somehow with Tendulkar and I am the one who can't get over him !!

For the record I got over him a long time ago.

Otherwise good to see you again.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sat 27 Sep 2008, 09:48

Ah....Kaif again. That useless pile of non talent. His performance in ROI team does make him an automatic selection no?

If there is one view I will never agree with you Josh, [though I share most of yours], it has to be about Kaif. Also if one has to take a non-partisan view of players then Laxman does not deserve to be questioned at all from the Fab 4 batters.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 27 Sep 2008, 13:43

lardbucket wrote:
Viru
Kaif
VVS (last two goes)
Yusuf P / Badri
Dhoni
Z Khan
I Sharma
Anil K
Bhaji

why? He's been doing far better than Dravid, or even Tendulkar, recently, IIRC ...

Because he's >25 years old and not crap. Important criteria for selection.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rey Sat 27 Sep 2008, 18:17

Viru
Kaif
VVS (last two goes)
Yusuf P / Badri
Dhoni
Z Khan
I Sharma
Anil K
Bhaji

What notable thing has chopra done over the past 2/3 seasons to deserve a recall? And you give Dravid 'last two chances' yet drop Tendulkar who has been head and shoulders above dravid for the past 18 months. Agree with you re Kaif though, he was unfairly dropped from the test team and deserves a run of 6 or7 consecutive tests so we can know once and for all if he still has it at that level and if he fails he can be discarded for good.
rey
rey

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Sep 2008, 05:00

I am glad to see you consider the 'fab four' to be individuals to be kept or discarded on individual merit. Its not for me to decide who should go when, but they dont fail as a group or succeed as a group. Although its funny you should say Kaif did nothing in the ROI game... neither did Badrinath... but he is still bandied about as a possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Sun 28 Sep 2008, 23:13

I am not convinced that Tendulkar is fit. He, his millions of his fans and his patrons in BCCI are desperate to have him get Lara's record. That is irrelavant to me. He selfishly put himself ahead of the team and let the team down at Chennai against SA. Given that track record I won't rush him back without him demonstrating his ftienss in thorough physical and atleat one 4 day game.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Sun 28 Sep 2008, 23:46

Kaif made ninety or so against the Aus "A" attack coming in after the loss of several early wickets. The same Aus "A" attack which has been demolishing everything in sight !

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 29 Sep 2008, 04:47

The same Aus "A" attack which has been demolishing everything in sight !
That 'everything' includes FTBs like Raina, Uthappa and seriously out of form Rohit Sharma, right?

You'll go to any extent to defend your heroes?

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 29 Sep 2008, 04:50

I am not convinced that Tendulkar is fit.
Doesn't matter much though.

If someone thinks that playing batsmen like Yousuf Pathan, Kaif, Virat Kohli, Chopra, Badrinath in the tests against Aussies ahead of tried and tested bats like the fab-4 then seriously there is something seriously wrong with that person.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 29 Sep 2008, 23:16

Ah the usual SG. Judging others negatively because they donlt agree with you. One day may be one day you will grow up !!

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 30 Sep 2008, 04:05

One day may be one day you will grow up !!
How about doing that yourself? You used to say the same things about me as well. The hero worshipping and all. Forgot all of that?

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 30 Sep 2008, 06:28

Are you telling me that you don't hero worship Tendulkar ?

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 30 Sep 2008, 06:31

Wonder why you argue with Josh, Goel. Josh wanted Tendulkar out of the team ever since I joined C4 ie, 6 years back. Since then, despite injuries, Tendulkar has piled on thousands of runs. But that doesn't matter.

I suspect that this is the last test series that we'll enjoy for India because after that the golden period --batting and spin bowling wise, will be over and we'll be in queue with BD, PK, WI and NZ to get ahead of each other. Other teams will be far far ahead.

So let us enjoy this series as much as we can!

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 30 Sep 2008, 06:35

Josh Carney wrote:Are you telling me that you don't hero worship Tendulkar ?
Thats saying like you don't hero worship Kaif, Bangar, Karthik, Chopra, Rohit, Chawla, the list is endless.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next