Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sri Lanka cricket officially becomes the BCCI's biatch

+11
holcs
Red
Josh Carney
Hass
tac
G.Wood
jim rich
The One
WideWally
PlanetPakistan
JKLever
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sri Lanka cricket officially becomes the BCCI's biatch Empty Sri Lanka cricket officially becomes the BCCI's biatch

Post by JKLever Fri 10 Oct 2008, 16:48

BCCI carries on its mission statement to destroy test cricket....
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/current/story/373295.html
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Sri Lanka cricket officially becomes the BCCI's biatch Empty Re: Sri Lanka cricket officially becomes the BCCI's biatch

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri 10 Oct 2008, 17:08

So let me get this straight

For the SL players its far more important to play the IPL than for the national side?
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Sri Lanka cricket officially becomes the BCCI's biatch Empty Re: Sri Lanka cricket officially becomes the BCCI's biatch

Post by WideWally Fri 10 Oct 2008, 17:16

Is that Flaming Bails forum member "Mr Popodopolous" making a comment?

Wasn't that one of LL's characters?

Last edited by WideWally on Fri 10 Oct 2008, 17:38; edited 1 time in total
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9700
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Fri 10 Oct 2008, 17:16

JKLever wrote:BCCI carries on its mission statement to destroy test cricket....
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/current/story/373295.html

saving a test nation from complete financial collapse doesnt sound too bad

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri 10 Oct 2008, 17:21

Financial collapse? how?

All the team including IND are touring their country.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Fri 10 Oct 2008, 17:37

thats something the slcb should answer. why do you think they need a bail-out? supposedly the players have not been paid for quite a long time

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri 10 Oct 2008, 17:41

Dirty politics going on here....

I refuse to believe the SLCB.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 10 Oct 2008, 17:46

It's an old parliamentary trick..... Money for votes
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Sun 12 Oct 2008, 14:44

JKLever wrote:It's an old parliamentary trick..... Money for votes

Clearly the Sri Lankans think its time to put some bread on the table and don't give a toss what the ECB thinks. To be fair to their families I can't say I disagree.

jim rich

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 12 Oct 2008, 14:45

Compared to most in SL, I reckon none of the Lankans are exactly in poverty...
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Sun 12 Oct 2008, 14:51

JKLever wrote:Compared to most in SL, I reckon none of the Lankans are exactly in poverty...

Sure, but those are the operative words. Their life standards match their expected income.

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 12 Oct 2008, 14:54

Excuse me whilst my heart doesn't bleed for the SL cricketers!

Meanwhile we have the head of the ICC slating the BCCI buying of the SLC vote
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/373595.html
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sun 12 Oct 2008, 14:57

well he is the ex-chairman of the ecb

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:05

JKLever wrote:Excuse me whilst my heart doesn't bleed for the SL cricketers!

Obviously you are rejecting their motives by way of inference. Wasn’t Morgan one of those who struck a deal with the Indians on the presidency of the ICC? Pot calling the kettle black?

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:20

The One wrote:well he is the ex-chairman of the ecb

But he is head of the ICC now.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:22

jim rich wrote:
JKLever wrote:Excuse me whilst my heart doesn't bleed for the SL cricketers!

Obviously you are rejecting their motives by way of inference. Wasn’t Morgan one of those who struck a deal with the Indians on the presidency of the ICC? Pot calling the kettle black?

I don't blame any player grabbing what cash they can - it's human nature and i'd do exactly the same.

Cricket as a world sport is being horribly let down at the moment by it's governing body and the BCCI
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:27

JKLever wrote:

of course he is. but if modi became head of the icc you wouldnt view him very differently would you?

the english are of course looking at it from their point of view, they just care about fitting in something before the ashes. the lankans are looking more after their own long-term interests

if the zim tour was not cancelled none of this would have happened. the lankans are set to tour england in 2011 anyways, with or without the ipl

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:33

The One wrote:
JKLever wrote:

of course he is. but if modi became head of the icc you wouldnt view him very differently would you?

the english are of course looking at it from their point of view, they just care about fitting in something before the ashes. the lankans are looking more after their own long-term interests

if the zim tour was not cancelled none of this would have happened. the lankans are set to tour england in 2011 anyways, with or without the ipl

Lankans signed the contract to play the tests before this deal was brokered. I'd judge Modi on his actions and nothing else if he was head of ICC, similarly with Morgan.

the english are of course looking at it from their point of view

Not even remotely - i'm looking at the bigger picture that all of the test playing countries signed up to give test cricket precedence recently and this deal could well end up in the cancellation of a test series.

The minute the ECB start causing test cancellations elsewhere in the world I'd be all over them like a rash.

Still TO, we've done this to death and we all know you won't hear a word spoken against your precious Indian comrades at the BCCI so best we leave it.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:36

Cricket as a world sport is being horribly let down at the moment by it's governing body and the BCCI

Agree, without the BCCI suffix though, which, IMO, is a farking money generationg NGO

jim rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:46

JKLever wrote:Lankans signed the contract to play the tests before this deal was brokered. I'd judge Modi on his actions and nothing else if he was head of ICC, similarly with Morgan.

and the players signed their ipl deal before that contract. they know they cant play the ipl in 2011 with the england tour, no reason they need to do it twice without any compensation. i can see the ecb's problems, they have genuine ones with the slcb, who in this case are most at fault. they jumped the gun when they knew their players would have a problem, and are now going back on the contract with the ecb

Not even remotely - i'm looking at the bigger picture that all of the test playing countries signed up to give test cricket precedence recently and this deal could well end up in the cancellation of a test series.

this is frankly a one-off case. no part of the original ftp is at threat. and the bigger picture really is that slcb is in a sorry state and close to financial collapse

no one seems to be seeing this from a player's point of view

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:57

The One wrote:
JKLever wrote:Lankans signed the contract to play the tests before this deal was brokered. I'd judge Modi on his actions and nothing else if he was head of ICC, similarly with Morgan.

and the players signed their ipl deal before that contract.

And the minute a domestic board thinks it's cricket should overide that of a test series is the moment when cricket is fecked.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 13 Oct 2008, 01:26

I don't what is more disturbing, the decision by the SLCB or the fact that it is being defended.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 13 Oct 2008, 01:28

Farkin subis . . . ban 'em all!
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Mon 13 Oct 2008, 05:42

It's a strange world when I find myself on the same side of an argument as Arjuna Ranatunga.

He's been fighting hard for Test Cricket to remain the number one priority, but I doubt that is possible now Sri Lanka has to do what the BCCI says.

Hass

Sri Lanka cricket officially becomes the BCCI's biatch MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 13 Oct 2008, 05:43

Quite disgusting really. All this is a result of BCCI panicking about ICL cricketers being selected. Now every boad will know how to get more money from BCCI.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next