Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pakistan vs South Africa Test series in Pakistan

+13
taipan
SG
Chandan
Henry
bliksem
Juicy Fruity
please don't yell
Makaveli
PearlJ
doremi
Aathma
Winkle Spinner
filosofee
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pakistan vs South Africa Test series in Pakistan Empty Pakistan vs South Africa Test series in Pakistan

Post by filosofee Mon 24 Sep 2007, 21:07

Didn't realise the first Test begins next Monday, 1st October in Karachi (5:00 GMT).

They'll play two Tests and, would you believe it, five ODIs (South Africa will be entertained by a 'Patrons XI' from 27-29 September as their practice match).

Feel it will be a good series, well hope that SA don't trounce us.
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Pakistan vs South Africa Test series in Pakistan Empty Re: Pakistan vs South Africa Test series in Pakistan

Post by Winkle Spinner Mon 24 Sep 2007, 21:48

Are they showing it on Sky?

I see both Morkel and Steyn are in the squad. They're going to be a fearsome new ball pair in a few years. Fitness permitting, of course.
Winkle Spinner
Winkle Spinner

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Pakistan vs South Africa Test series in Pakistan Empty Re: Pakistan vs South Africa Test series in Pakistan

Post by Aathma Mon 24 Sep 2007, 21:58

Pakistan should win this. Didn't they pretty much dominate S.A the last time they visited.
Aathma
Aathma

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 24 Sep 2007, 22:12

But no Inzi and MoYo to fall back on if they get in trouble this time.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Mon 24 Sep 2007, 22:45

Winkle Spinner wrote:Are they showing it on Sky?

I see both Morkel and Steyn are in the squad. They're going to be a fearsome new ball pair in a few years. Fitness permitting, of course.

Nope. But they are showing every other Test series coming up.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Pakistan vs South Africa Test series in Pakistan ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Mon 24 Sep 2007, 22:48

doremi wrote:But no Inzi and MoYo to fall back on if they get in trouble this time.

I'm pretty sure MoYo will play and i don't think SA will trounce us, we should beat them but it's a stupid 2 test series so you never know.

And yes Sky Sports will be showing it, saw the ads a few times.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Mon 24 Sep 2007, 22:50

Makaveli wrote:
doremi wrote:But no Inzi and MoYo to fall back on if they get in trouble this time.

I'm pretty sure MoYo will play and i don't think SA will trounce us, we should beat them but it's a stupid 2 test series so you never know.

It's not on their schedules. I wish they were showing it, but I don't think they are......
PearlJ
PearlJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Mon 24 Sep 2007, 22:54

PearlJ wrote:
Makaveli wrote:

It's not on their schedules. I wish they were showing it, but I don't think they are......

Might of been the ODI's only? because i swear i saw "Pakistan vs South Africa" in that advert where everything was made of glass.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Mon 24 Sep 2007, 22:57

Makaveli wrote:
PearlJ wrote:
Makaveli wrote:

Might of been the ODI's only? because i swear i saw "Pakistan vs South Africa" in that advert where everything was made of glass.

Must be Sad http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12943,00.html

They are showing SA v WI though....
PearlJ
PearlJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Mon 24 Sep 2007, 23:02

Damn looks like ARY are showing it, time to get used to the crappy coverage with ads running across the bottom of the screen every minute again. Sad

http://www.arydigital.tv/uk/schedule/cricket/index.htm
Makaveli
Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by please don't yell Mon 24 Sep 2007, 23:13

South africa's away record under smith has taken a real dive.

Outside of beating the west indies they have lost or drawn every other away series since he took over.

please don't yell

Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Juicy Fruity Tue 25 Sep 2007, 00:32

Makaveli wrote:Damn looks like ARY are showing it, time to get used to the crappy coverage with ads running across the bottom of the screen every minute again. Sad

[url=http://www.arydigital.tv/uk/schedule/cricket/index.htm

Man, that is a bummer. Their coverage is shite to say the least. Also, the picture quality sucks. We'll have to put up with noob commentators. I don't think I'll be getting up to watch it, maybe catch the highlights at night. Mad

It looks like they're also showing the India v Australia ODI series.
Juicy Fruity
Juicy Fruity

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Tue 25 Sep 2007, 06:38

Gibbs will open the batting with Smith again and JP Duminy is also in the squad. It will be between him, Amla and Prince for the possible 2 middle order spots.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 25 Sep 2007, 06:41

Prince should get in easy.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 25 Sep 2007, 06:49

My South African team would be-

Smith(c)
Gibbs
De Villiers
Kallis
Prince
Duminy
Boucher+
Pollock
Harris
Morkel
Steyn

Ntini has been below his best for a while now, and I think he might struggle on Pakistani pitches if he isnt bowling at full pace, so id give Morkel a debut whilst he's in form.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 25 Sep 2007, 06:51

A very hit or miss top order there.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 25 Sep 2007, 06:57

I think in time AB could be a very good, counter attacking number 3 in the Ponting mould.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Thu 27 Sep 2007, 07:29

Henry wrote:My South African team would be-

Smith(c)
Gibbs
De Villiers
Kallis
Prince
Duminy
Boucher+
Pollock
Harris
Morkel
Steyn

Ntini has been below his best for a while now, and I think he might struggle on Pakistani pitches if he isnt bowling at full pace, so id give Morkel a debut whilst he's in form.

Harris??!!!Shocked

Can someone post the full SA and Pakistan squad for the upcoming tests?

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Thu 27 Sep 2007, 07:35

Go to cricinfo and see them for yourself you lazy mare.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Thu 27 Sep 2007, 09:11

It seems that Afridi has excused himself from this test series.

Two days after baing named the player of the inaugural World Twenty20 in South Africa, Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi has asked the national selectors not to pick him in the Test squad for the two-match series against South Africa getting underway from next week.

Sources told ‘The News’ here on Wednesday that Afridi has requested the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to allow him some rest because of Ramadan and ask the selectors to ignore him while naming a 15-man squad for the home series.

A religious man, Afridi had told the Board that he wants to fast during the remaining days of Ramadan besides spending his time praying.

Pakistan are to play two Tests at Karachi and Lahore against visiting South Africa before a five-match ODI series.

Afridi, 27, was one of the success stories during Pakistan’s World Twenty20 campaign because of his exploits as a bowler. As a batsman, he didn’t impress much in the 12-nation tournament and some critics believe he was one of the few reasons why Pakistan lost to India by five runs in the final.

Afridi fell for a golden duck in the final while trying to hit a six as Pakistan crashed in a run-chase at the Wanderers in Johannesburg.

Sources said that Afridi only had a 50-50 chance of getting selected in the Test squad as selectors will find it difficult to select him as an all-rounder for the two Tests.

But he would surely be a part of Pakistan’s ODI squad because of his excellent form as a bowler and his skills as a pinch-hitter.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 27 Sep 2007, 09:13

The best part of this series is that Boucher should confirm himself as the greatest keeper.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 27 Sep 2007, 09:36

taipan wrote:The best part of this series is that Boucher should confirm himself as the greatest keeper.

Snigger
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26203
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 27 Sep 2007, 09:37

That should be statistically the greatest 'keeper.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 27 Sep 2007, 09:45

Henry wrote:That should be statistically the greatest 'keeper.

How else do you measure greatness
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 27 Sep 2007, 09:50

Boucher will never be considered great. He'll be remembered as a great servant to South African cricket, who was 'solid' with both bat and gloves.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next