Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could the Boxing Day Test be moved to a Christmas Day start?

+5
Fred Nerk
taipan
Invader Zim
Bradman
Zat
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Could the Boxing Day Test be moved to a Christmas Day start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could the Boxing Day Test be moved to a Christmas Day start?

Post by buckSH Fri 18 Dec 2009, 11:14

taipan wrote:
buckSH wrote:for loners, they always feel better if something is open.

I am happy it makes you feel better

yes, I have spent many a lonesome night on many a wintry christmas eve.

Not really bothered about myself, but those out-of-towners and singles who need someplace to go out to, it can really get tiresome waiting for christmas to pass.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Could the Boxing Day Test be moved to a Christmas Day start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could the Boxing Day Test be moved to a Christmas Day start?

Post by Invader Zim Sat 19 Dec 2009, 00:08

taipan wrote:
WideWally wrote:
Has Test cricket ever been played on Christmas Day? asked John Canning from London

The first time it happened was in 1951, when the third Test between Australia and West Indies at Adelaide finished on Christmas Day (the third day of the match). Actually West Indies completed their six-wicket win midway through the day, so the players might have been able to scoff some turkey after all. Sixteen years later, in 1967-68, it happened at Adelaide again - the second day of the first Australia-India Test. Farokh Engineer narrowly failed to score a festive century: he was out for 89. Two years later India met Australia on Christmas Day again, this time at Madras (Chennai).

How did they manage the fit the Boxing Day test in?
Change your tune, subi.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2