Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's test squad for 2-test series against Aus

+6
embee
Josh Carney
skully
The One
horace
SG
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

India's test squad for 2-test series against Aus Empty India's test squad for 2-test series against Aus

Post by SG Mon 20 Sep 2010, 05:51

its going to be announced shortly.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

India's test squad for 2-test series against Aus Empty Re: India's test squad for 2-test series against Aus

Post by SG Mon 20 Sep 2010, 05:51

Word is that Pujara may replace Yuvraj. Saha is expected to be the 2nd WK, don't know why. Its a home series. Any substitute can rush in at a very short notice at any of the venue.

SG

Back to top Go down

India's test squad for 2-test series against Aus Empty Re: India's test squad for 2-test series against Aus

Post by horace Mon 20 Sep 2010, 05:53

YUVI's dad will be very unhappy
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 20 Sep 2010, 06:00

SG wrote:Word is that Pujara may replace Yuvraj.

we can only hope. dhoni not being there for the meeting makes it easier

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:25

Don't think Dhoni's absence or presence would make much of a difference. He can voice his like or dislike for a particular player in quite a few other ways.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:27

SG wrote:Word is that Pujara may replace Yuvraj.
So, is he any good, SG?

And is MSD in any doubt?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105925
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:36

Don't know, skully.

But one thing he has done consistently is to pile runs and more runs whenever he got the chance to bat, whether its FC cricket or for touring Indian ‘A’ team.

Its another matter he won’t get a chance in this series at least, assuming everyone else in Indian lineup is fit.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:38

Haven't heard about Dhoni being doubtful for this series.

He has his troubles with injury of late, but don't think they're serious enough to make him pull out of Aus series.

I'd be very very surprised if he does pull out.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:40

Cheers.

Will have to have a squiz at Pujara's FC record.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:40

Pujara is lighter than Yuvi and does not have the inflated head, that is a good start for me.

Last edited by Josh Carney on Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:42; edited 1 time in total

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:40

Emma Stoney is away in the CL T20 , Skulls
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26203
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:42

49 matches for 3925 runs at 60.38. At face value looks pretty damn good but have these runs been piled up on low, slow, flat Indian decks?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 20 Sep 2010, 07:43

Josh Carney wrote:Pujara is lighter than Yuvi and does not have the inflated head, that is a good start for me.
Hehehe. Very Happy
embee wrote:Emma Stoney is away in the CL T20 , Skulls
Cheers, A.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by philcric Mon 20 Sep 2010, 10:08

Dravid hasn't looked very good for a long time now. May be it's time to give Pujara a chance at #3?
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 20 Sep 2010, 11:12

I doubt Puajara would be played at 1-down straightaway. That'd be extremely brave move. And Indian think tank isn't known for that.

If at all Dravid is dropped (I highly doubt that would happen), it'd be VVS who'd bat at 3 rather than a greenhorn like Pujara.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 20 Sep 2010, 11:23

So expectedly Yuvraj dropped, Pujara comes in.

Here is the team for the first test.

India squad MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Suresh Raina, Cheteshwar Pujara, M Vijay, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Sreesanth and Amit Mishra

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 20 Sep 2010, 11:25

I think this would be the Indian XI for the first test.

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
VVS
Raina
Dhoni
Zaheer
Bhajji
Ojha
Sree (if he can remain fit for a couple of weeks more)

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 20 Sep 2010, 11:56

skully wrote:49 matches for 3925 runs at 60.38. At face value looks pretty damn good but have these runs been piled up on low, slow, flat Indian decks?

No Skully, he was prolific for India A in England earlier this year. Scored a truckload of runs. Word is he's Dravid's heir apparent. he wont play in the first test though unless there's an injury.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 20 Sep 2010, 12:47

SG wrote:So expectedly Yuvraj dropped, Pujara comes in.

cheers

lets hope thats permanent

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 20 Sep 2010, 12:50

Henry wrote:
skully wrote:49 matches for 3925 runs at 60.38. At face value looks pretty damn good but have these runs been piled up on low, slow, flat Indian decks?

No Skully, he was prolific for India A in England earlier this year. Scored a truckload of runs. Word is he's Dravid's heir apparent. he wont play in the first test though unless there's an injury.
Cheers Trev.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Sep 2010, 19:46

Henry wrote:

Was just going to say exactly this.

I've been keeping my eye on him since last Ranji season started.

Regardless of what tracks, you don't average 60 unless you're at least pretty good - how many other Indian players have FC average that high?

Back to top Go down

Post by rey Mon 20 Sep 2010, 21:25

Good stuff from the selectors.

Didn't think they'd have the balls to drop Dhoni's mate but I was obviously wrong.

Yuvraj needs to go away and get himself fit. Lose 20 lbs or so and come back a fitter, trimmer cricketer. If he does not get his act together, he'll be dropped from the one day squad too.
rey
rey

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 21 Sep 2010, 01:20

One or two positive changes but by and large it is still a

link

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 21 Sep 2010, 05:41

Here is what Yuvraj has to say about his exclusion from the test squad,

India's middle-order batsman Yuvraj Singh on Monday questioned his omission from the Indian Test cricket squad for the two-match series against Australia. "Selection is not in my hands. I played two games in Sri Lanka recently. I scored a 100 in the first one and a 50 in the second. If that is not good enough, I have nothing to say," he told media persons on the sidelines of the JP Atray memorial tournament being played here.

"Of course, it is disappointing but disappointments have become part of my life. One feels bad about such things. In the last two years, I have had a lot of injuries and struggled. It's out of my hands. Will have to think of something else if I keep on getting in and out of the team like this."

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 21 Sep 2010, 05:41

So he suggests he might have to look for a new livelihood if he isn't picked again for Indian team.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next