Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What decent sitcoms are on at the moment.

+16
tac
Henry Nolonga
Jontyh
Josh Carney
lardbucket
Lara Lara Laughs
Henry
spangler
eowyn
holcs
LeFromage
JKLever
furriner
PearlJ
Brass Monkey
taipan
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What decent sitcoms are on at the moment. - Page 3 Empty Re: What decent sitcoms are on at the moment.

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2008, 22:48

Balls of Steel

Back to top Go down

What decent sitcoms are on at the moment. - Page 3 Empty Re: What decent sitcoms are on at the moment.

Post by PearlJ Thu 01 May 2008, 23:01

Dello wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:
Henry Nolonga wrote:I'm also watching a sitcom called The Big Bang Theory.

S'wank. Nearly caused me to kill myself the other week or, at the very least, self harm.

I've heard people say it's the best new sitcom around - but as far as I can tell it's total piddle-cack, worse than Two Pints...

The only thing it's got going for it is the solitary totty on the show has a great rack - and that appears to be all there is to her character.

Badly written, thinly characterised, obviously plotted and terminally unfunny. I'm surprised it isn't made by ITV.

She is smokin' though. I watch just for that.
PearlJ
PearlJ

What decent sitcoms are on at the moment. - Page 3 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 02 May 2008, 00:00

While I'm not a huge fan of US sit-coms, we have Back to You (with Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton) on here in Aus at the moment. It's OK.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106440
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2008, 00:03

skully wrote:While I'm not a huge fan of US sit-coms, we have Back to You (with Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton) on here in Aus at the moment. It's OK.
I've not heard of that over here.
I really like Kelsey Grammer. He reminds me of Bob Hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 02 May 2008, 00:06

Yeah, he's a classy comedian. The show is about two TV News anchors (Grammer and Heaton) who can't stand each other (in the fine tradition of US show-biz egos) but have an 8 year old daughter from their one-and-only fling many years earlier. Lots of quirky supporting cast members too.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2008, 00:08

I'll keep a look out for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 02 May 2008, 00:14

The weather man is gold. Laughing
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Winkle Spinner Fri 02 May 2008, 08:50

A friend of mine lent me the DVDs of Green Wing the other day, insisting I watch it. It is genuinely brilliant. Any show that features the line 'so you can give me mr wanky with your finger up my backdoor' said by a strange man with a moustache is definitely worth a watch, in my opinion.

It also features an oddly attractive but competely insane scottish lady. Which goes for many scottish ladies, actually, but she takes it to unusual extremes.
Winkle Spinner
Winkle Spinner

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 02 May 2008, 08:56

Anybody like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace? Someone made me watch the whole series again last weekend, I laughed.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 02 May 2008, 17:50

Darkplace is fricking s'you-poirb.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Fri 02 May 2008, 19:09

Peep Show is back.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay
spangler
spangler

What decent sitcoms are on at the moment. - Page 3 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2008, 19:12

I don't care what you say but I really like My family, which is on tonight at 9.30.

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri 02 May 2008, 20:53

Demelza wrote:I don't care what you say but I really like My family, which is on tonight at 9.30.

That and any repeat of Father Ted
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 16011
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 03 May 2008, 08:27

Demelza wrote:I don't care what you say but I really like My family, which is on tonight at 9.30.

On virtually every day here. Still have about 6 to catch up in.

TG fr the inventors of PVR's.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2008, 21:45

A comedy that's really grown on me is Becker, with Ted Danson. He plays a bad tempered, grumpy doctor that smokes. There's a couple of characters that get on my nerves a bit but I think it's worth a watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2008, 22:55

Not a sitcom at all, but im surprised no one has mentioned Modern Toss. Some of the sketches are rubbish, but the ones that are funny are literally piss yourself funny.

Youve all mentioned my other favourites. Seen The Mighty Boosh live in London. Peep Show, Mitchell and Webb, Flight of the Conchords all class.

Generally i find sitcoms very contrived though. Especially american ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3