Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India v Australia series review

+2
doremi
Henry
6 posters

Go down

India v Australia series review Empty India v Australia series review

Post by Henry Wed 13 Oct 2010, 11:35

Positives for Aus- Hilfenhaus, Paine, Watson, and Ponting with the bat.

Downers for Aus- Ponting's captaincy, North and Johnson's inconsistency, Clarke, Hussey, Hauritz.

There are several players in the Aus team that should probably be dropped. Michael Hussey has been average for almost three years now. His average has now dropped below 50 having been above 60 for a long time. Marcus North just can't be relied upon to consistently score runs, Nathan Hauritz was taken apart, and Michael Clarke still can't quite break through to the next level and be considered one of the best five batsmen in the world.

For India, their only worry after this series would be Dravid. He's under pressure now that Vijay and Pujara have both come in, scored runs, and looked the part. I think he should call it a day, or at least give up the number three spot to either Vijay or Pujara. He really doesn't deserve to be pushed before he decides to jump. He's been a fine servant of Indian cricket. I was half expecting him to announce that this test would be his last.

Tendulkar- Well what else can be said? The man is incredible. And to think that many had written him off as a spent force 2-3 years ago. He's playing outstanding cricket at the moment.

Dhoni- He is an average captain on the field at best. However, he does seem to have the complete respect of his players, and his man management skills are excellent.

This series will have little bearing on the ashes for Australia. Playing in India and playing in Australia is just about as different as you can get. I still think the ashes will be 2-2.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

India v Australia series review Empty Re: India v Australia series review

Post by doremi Wed 13 Oct 2010, 11:48

Not sure about his batting, but Paine is one of the better WKs I've seen in recent times. His takes down the leg side were brilliant.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 13 Oct 2010, 11:52

Aye, Haddin has got his work cut out if he wants his place back. Hilfenhaus is right up there with the best of them as far as current test match seamers go. He doesn't get the luck he deserves.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 13 Oct 2010, 11:53

I still reckon Aus will bring back Haddin for the ashes though.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Oct 2010, 12:26

Tim Paine will play 100 Tests for Aus, but he may have to wait until Haddin's more powerful batting wanes. Haddit will be selected in the 1st Test team for Brisbane.

And a fair wrap by Trev.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105947
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Wed 13 Oct 2010, 20:39

Hardly worth a review, the series was just getting started...

Dravid did okay, crucial 77 in the first Test and saw them home in the second. He scored as many runs as Sehwag for 1 less dismissal.

Must wonder what this series must do for Hauritz's confidence. Ponting lost the last Ashes series when he left Horrie out on a 'bunsen' for the final Test.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 14 Oct 2010, 00:15

I'd have agreed with the Dravid call a few months ago. He's still a pale shadow of the legend of a few years back, but IMHO good enough to hold his place. Yet. He'll be the 2nd of the great ones to retire though.

And I'm also not that comfortable having Gambhir, Vijay and Raina in the line-up facing Steyn and co.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Thu 14 Oct 2010, 00:24

I'd back Dravid's place until the very end.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down