Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vaughan hoping to dine out on the success of others

+4
skully
Jontyh
The One
Zat
8 posters

Go down

Vaughan hoping to dine out on the success of others Empty Vaughan hoping to dine out on the success of others

Post by Zat Tue 02 Nov 2010, 06:31

Link

Well, I suppose he has to take some consolation from the fact that the country that basically smashed his teams all over the park is now not as good.

Of course, even though he's probably going to be right, it doesn't change the fact that his teams were never good enough.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Vaughan hoping to dine out on the success of others Empty Re: Vaughan hoping to dine out on the success of others

Post by The One Tue 02 Nov 2010, 07:23

without going into his intentions, how is a series in australia a warm-up for a series in england 7-8 months later? there is loads more cricket in between

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Vaughan hoping to dine out on the success of others Empty Re: Vaughan hoping to dine out on the success of others

Post by Zat Tue 02 Nov 2010, 08:10

He's looking for positives.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Tue 02 Nov 2010, 10:47

Easy enough for ex-players to spout what they like - I doubt any of the current ones would be as openly dismissive.

I like KP's metaphor:

"They are a wounded animal at the moment and, when animals are wounded, they can turn into fearsome predators."

They can? More likely to turn into a meal if the wildlife programmes I've watched are anything to go by.

Jontyh
Jontyh

Vaughan hoping to dine out on the success of others MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2257
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 02 Nov 2010, 10:55

Aye Jonts. We'll be fodder.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Tue 02 Nov 2010, 11:12

I doubt that, Skull. However, at least it shouldn't be as one-sided as the last time I dreamt we were over there..
Jontyh
Jontyh

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 02 Nov 2010, 11:20

I would love a hard fought series, ala Ashes 05 and 09 but in Aus. Given that I am attending Day 1 of T5 with some forum buddies it would be grouse to have the series on a knife edge with it all to play for.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Tue 02 Nov 2010, 11:26

Indeed. I'm hoping for a subsantial windfall in the form of a lottery win or the death of an elderly relative to finance a trip over there to join you..
Jontyh
Jontyh

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 02 Nov 2010, 11:57

Jontyh wrote:Indeed. I'm hoping for a subsantial windfall in the form of a lottery win or the death of an elderly relative to finance a trip over there to join you..

JGK might be able to offer some health tips to the relative you are thinking of

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 02 Nov 2010, 12:36

Amazing how a small taste of their own medicine gets the Aussie press all worked up. Too easy.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Tue 02 Nov 2010, 13:14

lardbucket wrote:
Jontyh wrote:Indeed. I'm hoping for a subsantial windfall in the form of a lottery win or the death of an elderly relative to finance a trip over there to join you..

JGK might be able to offer some health tips to the relative you are thinking of

I hope you're not suggesting I might consider employing any underhand or nefarious tactics to precipitate such an outcome, Lardy.

(Are JGK's "tips" both foolproof and undetectable do you know?)
Jontyh
Jontyh

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 04 Nov 2010, 11:23

He's very reliable. He's held off criticising Ponting's captaincy for a few months, and just look at the results.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 04 Nov 2010, 15:47

Zat wrote:
Well, I suppose he has to take some consolation from the fact that the country that basically smashed his teams all over the park is now not as good.

Being a pedant, did Aus ever specifically smash 'his' teams all over the park?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 04 Nov 2010, 21:15

I suppose that depends on whether you mean 'his' teams as those captained by him or played in by him.

I meant the latter, which included the 02-03 Ashes, in which he did very well but to no avail as his team was smashed 4-1. As well as the 05 Ashes, which was a narrow win.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Thu 04 Nov 2010, 23:21

Zat wrote:I suppose that depends on whether you mean 'his' teams as those captained by him or played in by him.

I meant the latter, which included the 02-03 Ashes, in which he did very well but to no avail as his team was smashed 4-1. As well as the 05 Ashes, which was a narrow win.

So his team beat Australia 2-1 (a bit of bad weather aside it could have been 4-1)

And when he was a rank and file player he smashed Australia all over the park, 183, 177, 145.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 05 Nov 2010, 00:28

There was a time, a very short time, when Michael Vaughan was the God I worshipped.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 05 Nov 2010, 01:04

Gary 111 wrote:
Zat wrote:I suppose that depends on whether you mean 'his' teams as those captained by him or played in by him.

So his team beat Australia 2-1 (a bit of bad weather aside it could have been 4-1)
A series that could also have gone the other way. One of the all-time classics.
And when he was a rank and file player he smashed Australia all over the park, 183, 177, 145.
Hence the 'team' reference.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down