Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular.

+12
eowyn
Nath
PeterCS
Josh Carney
horace
JGK
Basil
G.Wood
Blackadder
skully
Zat
Henry
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular. Empty I almost feel sorry for you Aussies....

Post by Henry Wed 03 Nov 2010, 20:34

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/north-a-captaincy-bolter-as-clarkes-popularity-wanes-20101103-17e2z.html

MARCUS NORTH has emerged as a shock contender for Australia's Test captaincy as Michael Clarke's popularity within the side continues to wane following a bitter tour of India.

Australian cricket in crisis.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular. Empty Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular.

Post by Zat Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:13

So says the SMH.

Now the captaincy is not a popularity contest, but having a bloke in charge of the team who is not respected by the rest of the team is a recipe for disaster. (Yes, Kim Hughes, I'm looking at you...)

Maybe it's approaching time for wholesale changes in the team. If, and this is a distinct possibility, the Ashes are surrended in a meek fashion, then the selectors should take a journey into the room of mirrors and have a good hard look at themselves, and follow that by marking the files of several players who are in the side on the basis of past form that hasn't been replicated in recent years with NTPFAA in large letters.

There's too many precious little petals in the national team spotlight at the moment.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular. Empty Re: Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular.

Post by Zat Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:15

And - for what it's worth - if they want an underperformer as Test captain, then they could do worse than look at Cameron White. He's led Victoria to titles and runner-up positions in all forms of the game repeatedly. Despite being saddled with the fat, retarded Hodge in the squad.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular. Empty Re: Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular.

Post by Henry Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:20

Erm, already a thread about this. See- "I almost feel sorry for you Aussies."
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:27

FMD!!!! Shocked
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:33

A more obvious title would have helped.

Especially as you pointing out the negatives about anything Australian is pretty standard stuff.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:38

Time for fleas totake the mantle, if for nothing else to piss off Horrie Wink

Blackadder

Clarke on the outer as next skipper. North popular. ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:47

Zat wrote:A more obvious title would have helped.

Especially as you pointing out the negatives about anything Australian is pretty standard stuff.

When was the last time anyone (apart from the sh!t stirring PeterCS) wrote something positive on here about the Aussie cricket team?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:52

That's a fair point. But you were doing it before it became fashionable.

Maybe Frommie can merge the threads.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:53

Clarke has always struck me as being more focussed on living the live of the superstar sportsman, rather than actually being a superstar sportsman.

He's still probably Australia's best test batsman, but I don't think he has the respect of his team mates.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 03 Nov 2010, 21:58

"He is also said to have rankled Ponting when denied a chance to bowl in the final session of the fateful Mohali Test"

Maybe Pup isn't totally stoopid then.

I had given the Drunk the benefit of the doubt and thought that maybe he just forgot Clarke was there. But if he was reminded and then still didn't bowl him then his an even bigger tool
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 03 Nov 2010, 22:00

I wonder what JGK makes of that alleged Pup/Drunk spat...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 03 Nov 2010, 22:40

I dare say he will take the tozzie's side and cherish the opportunity to criticise an Australian captain .
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 03 Nov 2010, 23:53

Am I missing something - have we already won the series?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 03 Nov 2010, 23:58

G.Wood wrote:I dare say he will take the tozzie's side and cherish the opportunity to criticise an Australian captain .

I've already made a post along these lines in the match thread.

to be fair to Ponting, if Clarke can't even remember to bowl himself why would he expect Ponting to remember to bowl him.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 04 Nov 2010, 02:43

Clarke appeared fed up, weary and isolated last night. Why weren't guys like White and Haddin running over to give him some advice when Mathews and Malinga were gaining control?

The move to bowl himself at the end of the match came across as "screw you guys, i'm going to try and do it myself because you're all f*cked".
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 04 Nov 2010, 03:01

clarke is a goner - esp if the NSP stick with the old brigade of mediocrity
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Thu 04 Nov 2010, 03:46

Clarke comes across as a hypocrite, judging by his two facedness on the IPL saga. I am sure that sort of behaviour will be found out sooner or later by teammates.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 04 Nov 2010, 03:50

Like I said in the original(c) thread about this- Clarke seems more concerned with living the life of a superstar sportsman rather than actually being a superstar sportsman.

Destined to go the same way as Slater.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 04 Nov 2010, 03:52

Henry wrote:
Zat wrote:A more obvious title would have helped.

When was the last time anyone (apart from the sh!t stirring PeterCS) wrote something positive on here about the Aussie cricket team?

Oi!! Have a bit of respect.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 04 Nov 2010, 03:53

Josh Carney wrote:Clarke comes across as a hypocrite, judging by his two facedness on the IPL saga. I am sure that sort of behaviour will be found out sooner or later by teammates.

Surely he has a right to his own opinions?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Thu 04 Nov 2010, 04:02

Yes he does.
I am referring to reports which have been verified by Hayden where he asked for a 1 Mil reserve price in IPL, did not get that, turned his back on IPL and pedalled rubbish about taking care of personal business / putting country first etc.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 04 Nov 2010, 04:55

Henry wrote:Clarke appeared fed up, weary and isolated last night. Why weren't guys like White and Haddin running over to give him some advice when Mathews and Malinga were gaining control?
Couple of possibilities.

1. Clarke may be a bit of a qunt and there aren't many who think of themselves as team-mates.
2. With Ponting's captaincy by numbers approach de riguer for several years, perhaps the idea of approaching the national captain with ideas during the game simply doesn't occur to them.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu 04 Nov 2010, 06:47

bingled beyond repair, a total write off
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11981
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 04 Nov 2010, 06:53

pats nath on the head
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next