Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why?

+4
Red
DJ_Smerk
WideWally
Henry
8 posters

Go down

Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why? Empty Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why?

Post by Henry Sun 14 Nov 2010, 11:48

Well?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why? Empty Re: Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why?

Post by WideWally Sun 14 Nov 2010, 12:16

Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why? File:Burma_3_150

WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9702
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why? Empty Re: Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why?

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 14 Nov 2010, 12:30

>This thread...

Ashoker De Silva and Daryl Harper- Why? Kornheiser_Why
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 14 Nov 2010, 12:34

Maybe SA and Pakistan isn't important enough to warrant decent umps. I see that Ashocker has turned the tables by giving Sooky out when he wasn't to atone for the Harper shocker that saw Petersen given not out.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 14 Nov 2010, 13:46

There are probably a dozen or more umps on our F/C list hwo would be better than those two, but it would probably be politically impossible for the ICC to elevate so many English umpires onto the elite panel.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Nov 2010, 13:57

They make the DRS look good.

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 14 Nov 2010, 14:14

Basil wrote:There are probably a dozen or more umps on our F/C list hwo would be better than those two, but it would probably be politically impossible for the ICC to elevate so many English umpires onto the elite panel.

Most of the Pom FC umps wont nominate for the elite level because of the travel
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 14 Nov 2010, 14:23

embee wrote:
Basil wrote:There are probably a dozen or more umps on our F/C list hwo would be better than those two, but it would probably be politically impossible for the ICC to elevate so many English umpires onto the elite panel.

Most of the Pom FC umps wont nominate for the elite level because of the travel

That's true enough, but I was merely making the point that there are plenty of umpires out there who could do a better job than Da Silva and Harper.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 14 Nov 2010, 14:35

I dont have pay TV so I dont see any of Harper's "work" ...I do know that the education and promotion system for Oz umpires is very good and I've never heard a bad word (but plenty of good ones) about Harper from any of the top level umpires and educators I've taked to ....(and I have heard a few remarks about another Oz umpire from the same people)
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 14 Nov 2010, 14:47

embee wrote:I dont have pay TV so I dont see any of Harper's "work" ...I do know that the education and promotion system for Oz umpires is very good and I've never heard a bad word (but plenty of good ones) about Harper from any of the top level umpires and educators I've taked to ....(and I have heard a few remarks about another Oz umpire from the same people)

I can't claim to have seen every test Harper has officiated in, but he appears to make more glaring errors than some others on the list.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 14 Nov 2010, 14:57

embee wrote:I dont have pay TV so I dont see any of Harper's "work" ...I do know that the education and promotion system for Oz umpires is very good and I've never heard a bad word (but plenty of good ones) about Harper from any of the top level umpires and educators I've taked to ....(and I have heard a few remarks about another Oz umpire from the same people)

No doubt Daryl Harper is a 'good bloke' etc. He always seems to be very chummy with the players. It's just, well, as an umpire, he's completely sh!thouse. His mistakes are there for all to see. And he literally makes at least one glaring one per game.

I know that England have thought for a long time that Harper is a great bloke but a sh!t umpire.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 14 Nov 2010, 16:08

Henry wrote:Well?

To get UDRS in ASAP?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 14 Nov 2010, 18:02

vilkrang wrote:They make the DRS look good.

Unless Harper is on third umpire duties, in which case that just makes the DRS look even worse as he can't even work a television to any reasonable standard of competence.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 14 Nov 2010, 18:39

I wish I had a video of the easiest caught behind in history, and Harper turned it down. Only to give an exact replica of the delivery, a few balls later.

Think it was Flintoff bowling to Gibbs in 2004/05.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down