Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Crowe on Murali

2 posters

Go down

Martin Crowe on Murali Empty Martin Crowe on Murali

Post by embee Fri 23 Nov 2007, 23:52

Inside Sport : You've been very critical of the ICC's recent 15 degree chucking threshold .You've also urged closer scrutiny of Murali's doosra.Is cricket winning the war on chucking?

Martin Crowe: Well , since I made that comment about the 15 degree rule last year I've come to accept that that is the law of the day.While I don't believe that puttiing a figure on a chuck is appropriate , that's the law . I can therefore accept Murali's off spinner , but his doosra hasnt even been tested over the last three years . You know , he was told not to bowl that delivery in 2004 , so what I'm asking of the ICC is to check him - and all bowlers with such histories - on a regular basis . It's like drug testing :just because you've pass once doesn't mean you're free for life. My comments weren't a straight out attack on Murali , saying he was chucking his doosra . I just wanted it clarified, because what I saw at a Test match in Wellington where he bowled into a 50 knot northerly defied my naked eye.I wanted the scientists to put my mind at ease .And it's not just me - I speak privately to alot of people who are not prepared to say anything for a fear of a lawsuit being thrown at them. This is a part of the game that needs constant checking.That's only fair to the bowlers who've been thrown out of the game and humiliated for chucking over the past 100 years .
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Martin Crowe on Murali Empty Re: Martin Crowe on Murali

Post by bliksem Sun 25 Nov 2007, 10:21

I played against another chucker that the umpires couldn't be bothered to call this weekend. Disgraceful. Murali's legacy is the maggot-infested, post-curry skid-mark on the Calvin Kleins of cricket.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down