Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm somewhat in Australia

4 posters

Go down

I'm somewhat in Australia Empty I'm somewhat in Australia

Post by Eric Air Emu Mon 10 Jan 2011, 11:50

For another day or two anyway.

First apologies for not catching up with forum brethren at the SCG, my technology's quite limited. Hope it wasn't too miserable for the locals who had to watch the carnage. May have been an entirely different game if Cook went in the 40s to Beer but hey ho...

Also went to MCG....25,000 miles to watch Trott bat all day. Fantastic ground though. Really pushes Lords for the no. 1 spot.

All a bit disconcerting this Ashes dominance although, a few incendiary headlines apart, the locals don't seem too bothered. They have got blue skies, a strong economy, fresh seafood and big old bats after all. Their team though is an identikit for a few England Ashes sides in the 90s and noughties. Much has been said already and one day I'll wax lyrical about the world losing a generation of potential test stars to 2020.

In a way i feel my cricket following and forumming journey has reached it's destination. Who would have thought that getting on for ten years from my C4 forum debut England would be shoeing Oz at home and i would decide I quite like Australia and Australians. I'm definitely older and wiser.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

I'm somewhat in Australia Empty Re: I'm somewhat in Australia

Post by JKLever Mon 10 Jan 2011, 11:59

softc0ck...
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Mon 10 Jan 2011, 12:23

Let me make it clear though I still despise every Australian who wields a cricket bat however meekly and I shall never forgive the Aussies for the atrocities they committed in the times they were good.

You could do worse than emigrate here though...
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 10 Jan 2011, 12:45

Far too many Aussies, football played with a funny shaped ball and dunny spiders... Wink

I'm not a beach culture person either but would love to visit one day. I'm also not a city dweller so as far as I can see Tasmania is the place to be even if it isn't as sexy as Essex...
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:28

People in Australia may seem like they don't really care, but it's just a coping mechanism.

There is a feral mood in the air, which has been brought on by Australian cricket's fall from grace. There was lots of angst during the series itself, but it's dropped off a bit now that we've been battered into submission.

As a result we've resigned ourself to the situation and are just trying to pretend that it didn't happen.

Hass

I'm somewhat in Australia MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:45

Hass wrote:
As a result we've resigned ourself to the situation and are just trying to pretend that it didn't happen.

You're already copying the English formula I see... it works doesn't it?
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 10 Jan 2011, 23:08

eric - I hope your feet are dry if you are still here...bizarre levels of rain and consequent flooding
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down