Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good on you, KP! Raising flood relief funds.

5 posters

Go down

Good on you, KP! Raising flood relief funds. Empty Good on you, KP! Raising flood relief funds.

Post by Zat Wed 12 Jan 2011, 01:58

Could have put this in the flood thread, but thought it deserved something a bit more.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/general/kp-cahill-and-reds-kick-in-for-flood-victims/2044861.aspx

Kevin Pietersen has offered to auction off a shirt and bat he used during England's Ashes triumph to raise money for the Queensland flood victims.

The highest bidder will also be rewarded with flights, accommodation and two tickets for the Perth one-day international on February 6.

''These floods in Queensland are horrific!!'' Pietersen tweeted yesterday. ''I'm prepared to auction off one of my Ashes winning shirts & one of my bats personalised to the highest bidder. Let me find a way of doing this today!! I'll get back to you.''

Less than an hour later he tweeted again: ''My auction gets better! On top of the bat & shirt, I will give 2 tickets to our Perth ODI on 6 Feb and I will pay for flights & 2 nights accom[modation] to the highest bidder from anywhere in the world.

''I will find a way of working the auction in the next 24hrs so if you wanna help the Queensland flood victims, please wait for the info.''
If you're cashed up, Tim Cahill's also got an auction going.

The Melbourne Rebels Rugby side has kicked in 100 000 as well.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Good on you, KP! Raising flood relief funds. Empty Re: Good on you, KP! Raising flood relief funds.

Post by Henry Wed 12 Jan 2011, 02:00

I guess Aussie supporters are hoping Andrew Hilditch will donate himself to the QLD floods?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Good on you, KP! Raising flood relief funds. Empty Re: Good on you, KP! Raising flood relief funds.

Post by JGK Wed 12 Jan 2011, 02:02

No, he was our donation to English cricket.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 12 Jan 2011, 02:04

Henry wrote:I guess Aussie supporters are hoping Andrew Hilditch will donate himself to the QLD floods?
As a flood height gauge. That'd tell us when the water got to about 6 feet deep.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Wed 12 Jan 2011, 02:49

TGM, Goughy, Vaughan and a few others are in the process of arranging a charity 20/20 match.
Ross
Ross

Number of posts : 1033

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 12 Jan 2011, 02:56

Do you reckon the Poms will let the Aussies win?

Please.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 12 Jan 2011, 03:42

From Warney's twitter: warne888 Ps might on auction of 1 spot on Each team to the highest bidder..... Keep the suggestions coming thanks again for support..

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 12 Jan 2011, 04:00

Zat wrote:From Warney's twitter: warne888 Ps might on auction of 1 spot on Each team to the highest bidder..... Keep the suggestions coming thanks again for support..

There you go Zat, if you win the bid, play in front of a big crowd and impress, Hildick might give you a gig!
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 12 Jan 2011, 04:05

Unlike many people involved in Cricket Australia, I am fully aware of my limitations in the game.

Reckon I could do a better job of selecting a team than Hilditch.

But so could the time-honoured method of writing players' names on a piece of paper, putting the paper in the bottom of a budgie cage, and picking the ones the bird sh!ts on first.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 12 Jan 2011, 04:14

Zat wrote:Unlike many people involved in Cricket Australia, I am fully aware of my limitations in the game.

Reckon I could do a better job of selecting a team than Hilditch.

But so could the time-honoured method of writing players' names on a piece of paper, putting the paper in the bottom of a budgie cage, and picking the ones the bird sh!ts on first.

Maybe then the highest bidder gets to do Hildick's job for the World Cup.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 12 Jan 2011, 04:42

Outstanding tits Red.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down