Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gideon Haigh on the problems facing Australian Cricket

5 posters

Go down

Gideon Haigh on the problems facing Australian Cricket Empty Gideon Haigh on the problems facing Australian Cricket

Post by Henry Tue 18 Jan 2011, 08:43

This is a top read-

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/497175.html
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Gideon Haigh on the problems facing Australian Cricket Empty Re: Gideon Haigh on the problems facing Australian Cricket

Post by skully Tue 18 Jan 2011, 09:05

That IS a cracking read, Trev. I think this line strikes a real chord:

"and that those who care about cricket, who have it in their blood, who think it a fine thing and worth fighting for, are being marginalised and excluded, because they are at odds with the fast-buck mentality, because they object to being slotted into demographics of "cricket consumers'".

I think many of us bleeding Aussie cricket fans "with it in our blood" agree whole-heartedly with this. I also like Haigh's description of T20 as the game's "bitch goddess". Cool

This McKenna sounds like he is right pony-tailed qunt.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105947
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Gideon Haigh on the problems facing Australian Cricket Empty Re: Gideon Haigh on the problems facing Australian Cricket

Post by Henry Tue 18 Jan 2011, 09:17

" If a "supreme error of judgement" has been perpetrated in Australian circles lately, it's been the promotion of such permanently stunted mediocrities as Shaun Tait and David Warner as "great cricketers".

Hehe.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 18 Jan 2011, 09:51

Don't you just wish Haigh would come off the fence and say what he really thinks? Wink

Seriously though - a damn good article, apart from the description of Spanky as "influential" Shocked

This article could have been written about English cricket at most times during the last two decades. CA have clearly learned fark all.

The quote attributed to Nielsen is hysterical. Personally, I wouldn't trust the man to coach a dog how to p1ss up a tree.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 18 Jan 2011, 10:00

Nothing more need to be said. On this occasion, Haigh has nicely summed up the feelings of just about every Australian cricket fan I know.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 18 Jan 2011, 23:58

This is a top read

aye, thanks Trev.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down