Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread

4 posters

Go down

Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread Empty Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread

Post by mynah Tue 27 Nov 2007, 08:47

With the holiday season round the corner and some of us planning holidays in distant countries, this is a cautionary thread about the pitfalls of travel… Embarassed

Two sisters who were colleagues of mine at another publication went to Greece one year. As they lay soaking up the sun on a topless beach, it gradually drifted into the one’s consciousness that the previous evening’s kleftiko had, perhaps, not been as kosher as she’d thought. Within minutes, she was pretty sure of it.

Disconcertingly, the cloakroom she’d banked on turned out not to have a toilet. Even more disconcertingly, having left the tourist-crammed topless beach she now found herself desperately miming her needs to the conservatively clad locals in the street, whose lack of English wasn’t improved by the distracting sight of her ample assets swinging with every gesture.

At last she elicited from one that the nearest toilet was some distance away, inside a very posh restaurant. She set off at record speed without daring to breathe, ran up the steps, flung open the door – and discovered at that instant that she should, indeed, have begun her journey earlier. Suffice to say that anyone who wondered where she went next need only have followed the yellow tracks to the ladies.

There is a part I’m still wondering about, though: I never heard how she got out of the restaurant again. I take it she didn't just wipe her arse and saunter out. How long do you wait until everyone had forgotten the sight of an almost stark naked woman appearing at the door and bursting in and out at the same time?
mynah
mynah

Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread Empty Re: Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 08:54

I'm surprised kleftikos would have that effect . . . sure it wasn't the anal sex?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread Empty Re: Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:01

I ate 8 kiwi fruits last night, and I feel a bit like that this morning Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:04

tac wrote:I'm surprised kleftikos would have that effect . . . sure it wasn't the anal sex?

Ah, the greek way
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:17

Did you know that the word "enema" comes from the Greek "enemalousin" meaning "who's a big boy"?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:21

I once ate some bad dog in Seoul and spent a week in my hotel room as crook as a . . . um, dog . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:22

Gosh, the things you learn on this forum..........

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:26

tac wrote:I'm surprised kleftikos would have that effect . . . sure it wasn't the anal sex?
Anyone who told this story with relish wouldn't be lying about what they had the previous evening...

At least you have no excuse for crapping yourself in Australia, unless you happen not to have an internet connection while driving.

Official toilet website of the Australian Government
mynah
mynah

Terribly Embarrassing Travel Tales Thread APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:26

Demelza wrote:Gosh, the things you learn on this forum..........

Eh? You've learnt something on this forum . . . ?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:27

mynah wrote:
Anyone who told this story with relish wouldn't be lying about what they had the previous evening...

At least you have no excuse for crapping yourself in Australia, unless you happen not to have an internet connection while driving.

But they might lie about the anal sex . . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Nov 2007, 09:44

mynah wrote:

maybe the relish was the problem.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by Anniyan Tue 27 Nov 2007, 10:15

internet connection while driving.

[/quote]

George Michael may find that very useful!
Anniyan
Anniyan

Number of posts : 939
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : sl

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 27 Nov 2007, 10:17

Anniyan wrote:internet connection while driving.

George Michael may find that very useful![/quote]

Trev does . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down