Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian players have banned Greg Chappell......

+4
skully
lardbucket
eowyn
Henry
8 posters

Go down

Australian players have banned Greg Chappell...... Empty Australian players have banned Greg Chappell......

Post by Henry Thu 18 Aug 2011, 15:55

....from the dressing room.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/australian-cricketers-ban-national-talent-manager-greg-chappell-from-dressing-room/story-e6frey50-1226117784722

Great player, awful at everything else related to cricket.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Australian players have banned Greg Chappell...... Empty Re: Australian players have banned Greg Chappell......

Post by eowyn Thu 18 Aug 2011, 17:36

"Chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch is expected to be restructured out of a job as CA finally appoints a full time chairman of selectors as part of a wider revamping of the panel."

That means is expected to be sacked in non-PR speech. Yes?
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Australian players have banned Greg Chappell...... Empty Re: Australian players have banned Greg Chappell......

Post by lardbucket Thu 18 Aug 2011, 22:41

Yes, India is doing much better since they got rid of the evil Chappell.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 18 Aug 2011, 23:10

I concur with Trev's views. Mighty batsman but an abject failure as a coach and administrator.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105897

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 19 Aug 2011, 01:57

he losat his powers when he became a vegetarian
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 19 Aug 2011, 02:30

To be fair, given the way that the Australians batted last summer, they wouldn't have wanted me in the dressing room either. I would have called every single batsman a useless qunt several times during the series.

Perhaps there is a touch of the Bannies in this ie GSC was asking questions that the coddled players weren't prepared to answer.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 19 Aug 2011, 02:46

JGK wrote:To be fair, given the way that the Australians batted last summer, they wouldn't have wanted me in the dressing room either. I would have called every single batsman a useless qunt several times during the series.
I think i did do that. Unfortch I was well out of earshot most of the times I did it.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 19 Aug 2011, 02:50

I'm saying I did do that as well.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri 19 Aug 2011, 02:53

JGK wrote:To be fair, given the way that the Australians batted last summer, they wouldn't have wanted me in the dressing room either. I would have called every single batsman a useless qunt several times during the series.

Perhaps there is a touch of the Bannies in this ie GSC was asking questions that the coddled players weren't prepared to answer.

And ain't that the heart of the problem.

While we're at it let's seriously think about appointing Ric Charlesworth coach.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 19 Aug 2011, 03:01

Good call, qmy. A hard-nosed and hard-arsed coach with people skills who actually had some cricketing talent and was not raised under the Flanders school of coaching tomfoolery.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105897

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 19 Aug 2011, 03:34

You know, Duncan Fletcher would be ideal for you guys at the moment. Much more so than he is for India. Give him a licence to do it his way, and you are likely to see results. Yes, he's a stubborn, floppy faced old f*cker, but he'll find you a group of 14-15 players with the right temperament to play international cricket, and he'll back them to do well, rather than dump them after one, two, or even three bad games.

At this rate, he may be free by the end of the year as well.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 19 Aug 2011, 04:30

I'm in the ABN camp - anyone but Neilsen.

Actually, scrap that, I'd take Leslie Nilesen (RIP) over Tim at the moment.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down